LED bulbs

Found 17th Feb
Is a 6w LED bulb any good for room lighting?
Noticed they have some coming in at Aldi tomorrow.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
As a single light source for a room: unlikely. Depends on its efficiency, but as a flexible guide the lumen output of a 6W LED could be typically compared to that of a 50W filament bulb. Also need to consider the colour temperature as some LEDs may be too blue (cold) or yellow (warm) for your taste. Maybe experiment with Poundland's LED bulbs, they have a reasonable selection of fittings, styles and light output.
We have 8 in the ceiling of the kitchen
We originally had bright white
It felt like I'd walked into Curry's/pc world
They were to bright , they gave the missus a headache
I changed them to warm ones , not as bright but more natural looking
Presumably you're looking at these,
33281417-4iUUG.jpgIf so are you using more than 1 in a fitting?
Aldi says they're 806 lumens which is about equivalent to a 60W incandescent.

They're bright enough for general room lighting, although you'd want more than one for any room where you want to concentrate.
better checking out screwfix first they have loads of offers on leds at the moment

screwfix.com/p/l…29k
The good thing about leds is they are instantly bright unlike the older CFL.
6W is a bit low for a "main room light" at the moment most 11W LED bulbs have enough lumens for that job. I have a couple of 11w LEDs from Aldi last year and they are fine for the pantry, cloakroom and hallways.

I think these are more geared to "feature lights"
shadey124 h, 16 m ago

Presumably you're looking at these,[Image] If so are you using more than 1 …Presumably you're looking at these,[Image] If so are you using more than 1 in a fitting?

shadey124 h, 16 m ago

Presumably you're looking at these,[Image] If so are you using more than 1 …Presumably you're looking at these,[Image] If so are you using more than 1 in a fitting?

There’s only one bulb in my living room. Yes those were the ones.
joxeruk200025 m ago

There’s only one bulb in my living room. Yes those were the ones.

I wouldn't have them for a main light in any room, I find the rooms I have just 1 ceiling light a 9watt warm led is fine, I find it's somewhere between a 60 and 100 watt old style bulb, in the kitchen, utility, bathrooms, loft, garage and workshop I prefer cool white as it is a bit brighter but can feel cold. I would try screwfix and the poundshops rather than being stuck with a box of bulbs that will last for ages if you're not happy with them.
Edited by: "shadey12" 18th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants