LED Driver / AC-DC transformer

Posted 28th May
Anyone know a good ebay, amazon or ali-express seller to buy a good quality, best value LED driver for strip LED lighting?

There are so many cheap sellers out there, and I know most of them will be cheap rubbish, ready to explode, but some of them will be a great value bargain.
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
The driver you buy will depend on a couple of things like the length of the led strip, the voltage and the watts per meter. Also, if you want something that plugs into a socket or wires directly into a ring. Do you have an idea of what you want to get?

I’m not an expert but recently went through the process when choosing my kitchen led lights so happy to give you my views.
carlsaunders128/05/2020 20:39

The driver you buy will depend on a couple of things like the length of …The driver you buy will depend on a couple of things like the length of the led strip, the voltage and the watts per meter. Also, if you want something that plugs into a socket or wires directly into a ring. Do you have an idea of what you want to get? I’m not an expert but recently went through the process when choosing my kitchen led lights so happy to give you my views.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm aware of all of these things... I've actually ordered a few different 12v, 5m rolls of 3014 tapes, with 1020, 600 and 300 leds, to test different brightness, and not go overkill...

I've also gambled on a few different drivers:
ebay.co.uk/itm…621
ebay.co.uk/itm…963
ebay.co.uk/itm…906

Hi HiBay drivers look like the best ones from above, but also the most expensive, and only 2A

I'm not using them as 5m rolls, and cutting them into sections to fill various areas... so I might go the route of using several smaller AC-DC adaptors, rather than 1 large one?

I'm still keen to hear any personal experience (of you or anyone else) with any particular brand/seller.
Edited by: "Andaho" 29th May
Yeah I tried a few options before I settled on my set.

I wanted Alexa controlled, RGB as well as dedicated cw and ww. They are a little more expensive but it gives you all options as has 3 sets of led bulb colours to give the pure colour you want.

I ended up with these led off AliExpress. Bought some Philips hue compatible controller and then bought some drivers off amazon to power them. Although I experienced quite severe Inrush current on them which kept tripping my lights. so replaced them with Philips ones off eBay here

I’d recommend any of what I’ve posted as they do a nice job for me, we’re easy to solder and have stuck perfectly.
Edited by: "carlsaunders1" 29th May
Post a comment
@
    Text