Groups

LED or Plasma TV for Gaming?

Want to buy a new TV (40-42") and cant decide between LED and Plasma. Mainly will be used for films and XBOX and have been looking at Samsung UE40C7000 or UE40B7000 or Panny G20.

Basically wondered if the reported lag on LED really makes a difference?

Also seen stories about loss of blacks on Panny and bad light bleed on Samsung and the Plasma runs hotter than LED but still cant decide. 3D not required

Anyone got any real experience and seen any deals on the models above?

thanks in advance

11 Comments

Go for the Panny G20, i was gonna get the G10 but opted for S10 instead as they had run out and my discount needed to be used on that day.

All the research i did for the G10 gave it glowing reviews and i assume the G20 is better.

I use my TV for Gaming and blu ray with a bit of sd freeview, all looks lovely and im quite fussy.

I have no knowledge on LED though

Get a plasma which still offers best picture quality in my opinion. Brought a G20 abou|For t a month and half ago and it is pretty faultless with an incredible picture espically for blu-ray. At the moment you can get the g20 plus a blu-ray player with a five year warranty for £899 from House of Frasier.
    Edited by: "dananana" 1st Sep 2010

Banned

Defo Plasma mate

dcx_badass

It's LCD not LED.

The LCD tvs he's talking about are LED backlit TVs so OP is correct and you are wrong. Again.

I would go for an LED TV if I were you.

Banned

dcx_badass

Lul what, an LED backlit TV is not an LED TV.

wrong. notice the title

dcx_badass

Lul what, an LED backlit TV is not an LED … Lul what, an LED backlit TV is not an LED TV.http://www.asa.org.uk/Complaints-and-ASA-action/Adjudications/2009/8/Samsung-Electronics-UK-Ltd/TF_ADJ_46783.aspx

Of course. That's why Samsung have marketed it this whole time without it being stripped of that title. Not LED in the true sense but still LED nonetheless.

You're wrong again but still have a lot of trouble dealing with it. Your hurt. I can tell by the anger in your posts, could be due to a difficult childhood so I won't ridicule you further. Watch out for the flying chairs.
    Edited by: "mr.potato_head" 1st Sep 2010

Banned

dcx_badass

Oh wow, a misleading title designed to trick stupid consumers,guess it … Oh wow, a misleading title designed to trick stupid consumers,guess it works huh, read the link I posted. True LED TVs costs thousands for a tiny screen. I can't believe your come back was actually you been tricked by Samsungs marketing department.

maybe not but thats what its known as. a true led tv is known as just that. would you rather everyone said LCD LED everytime they were referring to it ?

Original Poster

dananana

Get a plasma which still offers best picture quality in my opinion. … Get a plasma which still offers best picture quality in my opinion. Brought a G20 abou|For t a month and half ago and it is pretty faultless with an incredible picture espically for blu-ray. At the moment you can get the g20 plus a blu-ray player with a five year warranty for £899 from House of Frasier.

Thanks for that

Original Poster

I was being lazy with LED in the title - thanks for the comments guys. I am leaning towards a plasma despite some reports of buzzing as I am keen to finally get a decent score on MW2

Banned

dcx_badass

Oh wow, a misleading title designed to trick stupid consumers,guess it … Oh wow, a misleading title designed to trick stupid consumers,guess it works huh, read the link I posted. True LED TVs costs thousands for a tiny screen. I can't believe your come back was actually you been tricked by Samsungs marketing department.

+1

the display is Liquid CRYSTAL. Too many people fall for this con.

csiman

+1the display is Liquid CRYSTAL. Too many people fall for this con.

Still referred to as LED even though it's only LED backlit.

I think everyone is quite aware it is not a true LED screen, just that nobody apart from somebody like fanpages can be bothered to call it an LED backlit LCD television.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553810
      2. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....68
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1901355
      4. Feels weird!511

See more discussions