LED Strips

Found 1st Apr
Hi, I'm wanting to add an LED strip with different colours behind my desk.
Any recommendations? I only need 1m. Thanks.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
17 Comments
The LEDBERG from Ikea
pricklychin4 m ago

The LEDBERG from Ikea

2nd that also, mine been going strong 5-6 years now maybe.
3rd that! Stay away from those cheap Chinese ones mine didn’t last long. Also apparently the Ledberg are getting a driver for their smart light range
I got mine from amazon
Aura glow ones are a good cheap led strip. Recommend buying some velcro squares too the stick on the back of any strips including Philips hue are cack. The velcro strips are perfect and enable you to take them off without worrying you won't be able to stick them again afterwards.
Original Poster
chantelle3101 h, 6 m ago

Aura glow ones are a good cheap led strip. Recommend buying some velcro …Aura glow ones are a good cheap led strip. Recommend buying some velcro squares too the stick on the back of any strips including Philips hue are cack. The velcro strips are perfect and enable you to take them off without worrying you won't be able to stick them again afterwards.

You got links for the leds and velcro please?
Original Poster
Dannyrobbo15 h, 28 m ago

3rd that! Stay away from those cheap Chinese ones mine didn’t last long. A …3rd that! Stay away from those cheap Chinese ones mine didn’t last long. Also apparently the Ledberg are getting a driver for their smart light range

They only do white though don't they?
Original Poster
chantelle3101 h, 17 m ago

Aura glow ones are a good cheap led strip. Recommend buying some velcro …Aura glow ones are a good cheap led strip. Recommend buying some velcro squares too the stick on the back of any strips including Philips hue are cack. The velcro strips are perfect and enable you to take them off without worrying you won't be able to stick them again afterwards.

Sorry - just to add, the auraglow appears to be for the back of tv's, but I want one for my desk.
Auraglow strip - I used these with my desk. There isn't a difference between the strips. Just place them wherever you like. So long as you get ones long enough etc. 100cm is the longest they do

Velcro patches - these have been a god send for me. Use them for all sorts. But they look really well for the strips. Just cut them in half horizontally.
superfreddy7 h, 54 m ago

They only do white though don't they?

No you can get colour too if you needed that (Link)
Original Poster
chantelle31010 h, 23 m ago

Auraglow strip - I used these with my desk. There isn't a difference …Auraglow strip - I used these with my desk. There isn't a difference between the strips. Just place them wherever you like. So long as you get ones long enough etc. 100cm is the longest they doVelcro patches - these have been a god send for me. Use them for all sorts. But they look really well for the strips. Just cut them in half horizontally.

Thanks. There's no power button on them though, so how do you turn them off when you've finished at your desk?
They have a remote control built into the end of them. One side has the USB and the other side has a few buttons for power and changing colour/speed.
superfreddy3rd Apr

Thanks. There's no power button on them though, so how do you turn them …Thanks. There's no power button on them though, so how do you turn them off when you've finished at your desk?

Original Poster
chantelle3101 h, 7 m ago

They have a remote control built into the end of them. One side has the …They have a remote control built into the end of them. One side has the USB and the other side has a few buttons for power and changing colour/speed.

Oh so there is a button you can just push to turn on and off?
superfreddy57 m ago

Oh so there is a button you can just push to turn on and off?

That's right. If I remember right their is about 3 of them. One for power. The others pet you cycle between colour and wether or not you want them flashing or not. They are good quality for the cost.
Original Poster
chantelle31036 m ago

That's right. If I remember right their is about 3 of them. One for power. …That's right. If I remember right their is about 3 of them. One for power. The others pet you cycle between colour and wether or not you want them flashing or not. They are good quality for the cost.

Thanks. £6.50 at Maplins! And that's for 100cm.
superfreddy8 m ago

Thanks. £6.50 at Maplins! And that's for 100cm.

Absolte steal. Might go hunt some down myself at that price.
Original Poster
chantelle31049 m ago

Absolte steal. Might go hunt some down myself at that price.

Although I have ordered from amazon at £8.99 as I want them for this week.

Delivery only at Maplins. And no warranty as they've gone bust!
Edited by: "superfreddy" 3rd Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants