LED's in bathroom

Found 4th Dec 2017
Just replaced the G9 Halogen bulbs in the Bathroom with LED's and although they are working, there are emitting some power while off.

Any advice?2847780-2GmbE.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Change one to a normal one to c if that helps
Do you have a dimmer switch? Could be faulty or have a small leakage.
BeerDrinker9 m ago

All the normal ones are blown!
BeerDrinker9 m ago

No diimmer switch.

They do work when turning it on at the switch
Do they run off a fused switch with a neon in it?
Also is the live and neutral wired up corretly?
Edited by: "hubcms" 4th Dec 2017
hubcms47 m ago

Do they run off a fused switch with a neon in it?Also is the live and …Do they run off a fused switch with a neon in it?Also is the live and neutral wired up corretly?

Yes the switch is fused and yes
I have had this before with a landing light. Can't explain technically the reason but bunched cables can pick up very small induced currents and these can be enough to power standard LEDs with a slight glow.

The solution is to replace the LEDs with dimmable ones - even though you don't have a dimmer switch. There is more complex circuitry in dimmable LEDs and this prevents the slight glow from occurring. Worked for me.
Either disconnct the neon or buy a fused switch without a neon.
If you have space in the connection box for the lamp, add an X2 capacitor across it, a 0.1uF should be enough to absorb the current from a neon.

The landing light circuit ends up with the capacitance of a long section of cable in series with the bulb. For incandescent, this is insignificant, but for LED and CFL, it can result in glow, flicker, or as I noticed (CFL) horrendous AM radio interference
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants