Groups

Left knee clicking

Banned
    i've been having a couple of lazy days and my knee clicked last night when sitting down which was extremely painfull. it was still hurting a bit today and when i bent my knee the same thing happened but it was an even greater pain for a good couple of minutes. I can still feel it now a bit just wondering what I could do to help it, maybe put my legs up, down or flat etc... don't think it warrents a doctor visit quite yet and its not old age.

13 Comments

Supermod

Knee aids.

This CAN mean that you have loose cartilidge floating around inside your knee cap and it is occassionally getting caught inbetween the bone joint when walking, I would go and see a Dr about it before the cartilidge gets stuck in the joint and you find it really difficult to unlock your leg , it can be sorted if dealt with at an early stage

Original Poster Banned

Spooki

This CAN mean that you have loose cartilidge floating around inside your … This CAN mean that you have loose cartilidge floating around inside your knee cap and it is occassionally getting caught inbetween the bone joint when walking, I would go and see a Dr about it before the cartilidge gets stuck in the joint and you find it really difficult to unlock your leg , it can be sorted if dealt with at an early stage

thanks for the advice. it was actually when sitting and not walking. i had my knees up on a table and when i brought my left knee down it clicked and caused the pain.

I guess I meant when you bend your knee, mine does it if I am walking or bending in any way and I haven't been able to kneel for ages!!

Original Poster Banned

Spooki

I guess I meant when you bend your knee, mine does it if I am walking or … I guess I meant when you bend your knee, mine does it if I am walking or bending in any way and I haven't been able to kneel for ages!!

i have noticed my knees being weak when kneeling. they click as i go down and can be a little discomforting so i tend to sort of flop at an angle. maybe it is more of an issue than i thought. appreciate the help :thumbsup:

Honestly, get a Dr to check it out, they do knee hole surgery which is no trouble at all. I left it too long and ended up having ops on both my knees and now neither of them work properly :s

Original Poster Banned

Spooki

Honestly, get a Dr to check it out, they do knee hole surgery which is … Honestly, get a Dr to check it out, they do knee hole surgery which is no trouble at all. I left it too long and ended up having ops on both my knees and now neither of them work properly :s

will give them a call tommorow. thanks again

Ive got the same in my knees and toes click when I walk barefoot. I told me doc, said I was fine.

My knees, feet and shoulders do that and i was told not to worry

Same here! Knees, ankles and a shoulder. Working on ships, I have been told the vibration through the deck plates caused the knee problems. The doctors just said "you're a big lad, deal with it!" and "take cod liver oil tablets."

At nights if I lie in a certain position then the knees ache, paracetamol cures that! I suppose I should really be a bit more assertive in getting treatment, but I just put it down to middle age and an unhealthy lifestyle!

Original Poster Banned

splatsplatsplat

Ive got the same in my knees and toes click when I walk barefoot. I told … Ive got the same in my knees and toes click when I walk barefoot. I told me doc, said I was fine.

surfbunny

My knees, feet and shoulders do that and i was told not to worry

pugw$sh

Same here! Knees, ankles and a shoulder. Working on ships, I have been … Same here! Knees, ankles and a shoulder. Working on ships, I have been told the vibration through the deck plates caused the knee problems. The doctors just said "you're a big lad, deal with it!" and "take cod liver oil tablets."At nights if I lie in a certain position then the knees ache, paracetamol cures that! I suppose I should really be a bit more assertive in getting treatment, but I just put it down to middle age and an unhealthy lifestyle!

I hope my doctors a bit more sympathetic than all of yours. maybe i'll limp in and collapse halfway through X)

Banned

When in bed put a pillow between your knees. Also its normal for cartilage to break down then renew and air bubbles to form. Its when the air bubbles pop that you hear the click.

I have been told by older peeps, that I'll probably get arthritis when I'm older.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??1111
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?2298
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764160
      4. Sad news about Barcelona24101

See more discussions