Legal Age To Drive A Scooter?

15 replies
Found 28th Oct 2009
Is it 16/17?

Age you got yours? Value for money? How long they last? Average price?

Thanks.

1. Misc
  2. Scooter
15 Comments

Original Poster

And i don't mean one of these:

http://www.microscooter.org.uk/micro-scooter/micro_scooter_bullet_1.jpg

I mean something like this..:

http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/163276/2277217/0/1149571659/VIA_50_scooter_with_EC.jpg

You can drive up to 50cc at 16

think you have to wait another 3 years.

you have to be 16

Original Poster

Mrs.Z;6716217

You can drive up to 50cc at 16

Are all other cc's 17 and over? :thumbsup:

Original Poster

borolad94;6716226

This message is hidden because black gerbil1 is on your ignore list.

you can ride up to 50cc with L plates at 16 yrs with a valid CBT (Compulsory basic training), which is a 1 day course. at 17 yrs you can get a 125cc moped or bike.

i bought 1 when i was 18 and fell off on my way home from the cbt :oops: now i hav a "proper" bike, a honda hornet and ive not fell off it yet :-D

as for prices try looking on biketrader

borolad94;6716226

Are all other cc's 17 and over? :thumbsup:

No, you can drive a 125cc at 17 with a CBT, then if you do your full bike test I think you can drive any bike as long as it's (seriously) restricted, then at 21 you can ride anything :thumbsup:

Correct me if I am wrong someone

Mrs.Z;6716254

No, you can drive a 125cc at 17 with a CBT, then if you do your full bike … No, you can drive a 125cc at 17 with a CBT, then if you do your full bike test I think you can drive any bike as long as it's (seriously) restricted, then at 21 you can ride anything :thumbsup:Correct me if I am wrong someone

i think if you pass your test on a 125 you have the restrictor (33bhp) for 2 yrs then you can ride anything enven if you're less than 21

16 for a 50cc :thumbsup: , i'd get an aprillia - 'apparantly' ;-) they can do 70 mph :whistling:
My first bike a Yamaha FS-1 aka fizzy :thumbsup:

Now have a Ducati 748 and a quadbike for the countryside :-D

Original Poster

Thanks for input everyone. totally clueless about scooters but looking for a way of transport when i turn 16 and the cost. when you talk about cc's and bhp i have no idea. but im going to get more edcucated obviously before i even suggest getting the scooter :thumbsup:

borolad94;6716331

Thanks for input everyone. totally clueless about scooters but looking … Thanks for input everyone. totally clueless about scooters but looking for a way of transport when i turn 16 and the cost. when you talk about cc's and bhp i have no idea. but im going to get more edcucated obviously before i even suggest getting the scooter :thumbsup:

Look here: motorcyclenews.com/MCN…le/ for idea's :thumbsup:

You should consider getting a geared biked too, look better IMO -

http://www.berkshiremotorcyclecentre.co.uk/shop/images/rs-50-nero-aprilia_cropped_406x375.jpg

Aprilia RS50

http://usuarios.lycos.es/campbuscaminas/Motos/YamahaTZR50.jpg

Yamaha TZR50

Best ones IMO and both 50cc so you can ride them at 16 :thumbsup:

Original Poster

lilsmithy;6716433

Best ones IMO and both 50cc so you can ride them at 16 :thumbsup:

You can ride them at 16? :w00t:

would cos a fortune like, on a budget of about £500

lilsmithy;6716433

You should consider getting a geared biked too, look better IMO -Aprilia … You should consider getting a geared biked too, look better IMO -Aprilia RS50Yamaha TZR50 Best ones IMO and both 50cc so you can ride them at 16 :thumbsup:

We had an RS50, loved it! We got an RS125 after :-D

For the love of god, dont get a geared 50cc bike! Totally useless... Imo... get a 50cc scooter when your 16 ( de-restricted of course) and then when your 17 get a 125cc geared bike like the rs125
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57586
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22

See more discussions