Legal help my fault car accident

Found 29th Nov 2017
In April 17 I had an accident really bad my fault. Boone was injured but both cars badly damaged. I was all alone other driver had loads of family.My insurance decided I was at fault and I paid excess. Now today I've received legal court documents addressed to me demanding 16000 pounds for towing carhire. I cannot pay that money. My policy includes legal cover. I am so anxious I'm with Hastings direct. How to I go about this. Should I go to citizens advice. Any suggestions please I cannot sleep. Already struggling with finances. Since accident been very careful but had a slight car park scrape which I told my insurer about will I end up paying 16000?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments

Pass the demand onto your insurance. That's what you pay them for.
8 Comments

Pass the demand onto your insurance. That's what you pay them for.

Original Poster

Thanks for replying. Insurance will pay out won't they? I've scanned and sent them the documents I received will ring tomorrow. Just wondering if insurance get out of it If it's your fquky

When you say 'legal court documents' What do you mean? A court summons? High court writ? If it is a document issued by the court , it would not be issued before you had a chance to state your case. Have you received any documents previously?
As Chiptivo says, pass them on to your insurer. You should not have anything to worry about unless your insurer has not paid any financial commitment - technically they are your agents, but you are ultimately responsible for paying. You are with Hastings you say? I can't believe they would deliberately refuse to pay out a legitimate claim (I hope not - I'm with them).
The other thing to consider is, this is a "try it on" and they are just seeing what they can get out of you.

£16000 doors seem like a lot of money for towing and car hire. Did they hire a Lamborghini for three weeks?

Original Poster

Well don't know how the amount was worked out toeing vehicle costs 2-300 not over a 1000 but he owns a fleet of cars when I googled him probably made fake receipts.

I recieved these documents asking me to appear in court setting out the allegations. One was a hit the rear I clearly didn't it was the front of both cars involved. Secondly, He's addressed me as mr im miss. He met me at the scene so knows I'm a woman lol I've seperated.
Third thing, He has tried to claim as the owner as a lady probably his Mrs was driving the car.
I'm worried now my cars on finance I don't own a house or have valuables in credit card debt due ti court case against my husband for child arrangement orders.

Hastings legal cover only mentions non fault claims that's why I'm worried. I appreciate your comments. I've scanned the documents but Hastings rarely reply so will have to call them. If they refuse to help what can I do

Pass it to your insurers.

Whats happening is that the other party have gone to an accident management company/credit hire company and put in a stupidly inflated claim for car hire.

unsurprisingly your insurer has told them to jog on.
The chc is now pushing to get its stupid fee.
In reality it is more likely to be the other party that ends up paying for this since it is clearly excessive and probably more than their car was worth.

Have a look at theguardian.com/mon…ies

Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your help I rang up Hastings they were very polite and will sort it out just have to send documents to them. I am expecting my insurance to go up though as a result. I at least managed to sleep after the first comment came.

drpinkrose130 m ago

Thanks everyone for your help I rang up Hastings they were very polite and …Thanks everyone for your help I rang up Hastings they were very polite and will sort it out just have to send documents to them. I am expecting my insurance to go up though as a result. I at least managed to sleep after the first comment came.

Keep a copy of all paperwork sent to you and you then forward to Hastings. You don't want to lose any.

postmang55 m ago

Keep a copy of all paperwork sent to you and you then forward to Hastings. …Keep a copy of all paperwork sent to you and you then forward to Hastings. You don't want to lose any.

^^^ this^^^ very important. At least take a clear photo of each page.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions