Groups

Legal Info needed - T-MOBILE Contract dispute

So this is the situation

My brother bought a G1 Google phone, about 12 months ago, the manager sorted out the contract for him. After agreeing, he received a copy of his contract which clearly states 12 months.

Hes up for renewal now, and has been told he is currently on a 18 months contract, however they have said to him he can get a handset on upgrade now.

There is conflicting evidence here, 1. If he wasnt 'supposed' to be on a 12 months contract, he wouldnt be eligble for an upgrade as 12 months have only gone by.

2. If he was on a a official 12 months contract they advisor would have let him upgraded.

In both circumstances he is allowed to upgrade whether it was a 12 month or 18 month contract even though 12 months has only gone by. So if they are telling him he is on an 18 month contract, but has the contract in hand to say its 12 MONTHS, from the maanger in a tmobile sotre, can they dispute this or do i have the legal right to stay on a 12 month contract?

11 Comments

If it says 12 months on his contract then its a 12 month contract...lol
    they're just pulling a fast one, phone companies will do anything to get a longer contract with a huigher tarriff...they're all scumbag salesmen.

If you have paperwork that clearly state 12 months is the contract term then make a copy and send it to T-Mobile and states that you will use this as evidence in any dispute of contract term.

If his contract (t-mobile issued) says 12 months then they have no leg to stand on. If you want to finish do so as per the t&c then cancel the DD. If they want to play games see them in small claim court.

Supermod

You need to gather as much evidence as you can.

There is the potential here for misrepresentation.

has he looked what it says online if he has registered? i dont know if it tells you there when he is in contract til. I know he has paperwork but it would be nice to see what they have on the computer?

StevenA2000_uk;7555529

If you have paperwork that clearly state 12 months is the contract term … If you have paperwork that clearly state 12 months is the contract term then make a copy and send it to T-Mobile and states that you will use this as evidence in any dispute of contract term.

Yes indeed, but make sure you send it to their CEO Office/department FAO Mr Hamid Akhavan (who is their Chef Executive Officer), don't bother about going through the monkeys at Customer Service.

Google T-Mobile CEO and find an address.

Some more steps for you to take are reporting them to the FSA and/or the Indepenent Ombudsman on 020 7964 0500 or via this link

financial-ombudsman.org.uk/con…htm
    Email = [email protected]
    Paperwork here --> financial-ombudsman.org.uk/con…doc

if you are going to the small claims court, it's easier to do it online below
    moneyclaim.gov.uk/csm…jsp

Hope this helps.
    PS Some rep is always appreciated :thumbsup:

Original Poster

plumberman01;7555569

has he looked what it says online if he has registered? i dont know if it … has he looked what it says online if he has registered? i dont know if it tells you there when he is in contract til. I know he has paperwork but it would be nice to see what they have on the computer?

Hes not signed up for My TMobile, but according to their records on their system the advisor told him its 18 months, yet hes been offered a new phone on upgrade for 18 months.

I mean, his bills arent high, and i'm assuming you would have to wait until your 18 months was up to do an upgrade.

This isnt the case, after 12 months they are offering him an upgrade, he has the paperwork to says its a 12 months contract, but they are telling him hes on an 18 months ontract

Banned

it is easy enough to sign up to my t mobile, i know on an 24 month contract they will upgrade you at 18 months, dont know when an 18 month contract becomes upgradable

Original Poster

sassie;7555660

it is easy enough to sign up to my t mobile, i know on an 24 month … it is easy enough to sign up to my t mobile, i know on an 24 month contract they will upgrade you at 18 months, dont know when an 18 month contract becomes upgradable

I'll tell him to sign up, see what it says on the online account

Banned

does he want to upgrade, or does he want to cancel his contract

Supermod

sassie;7555660

it is easy enough to sign up to my t mobile, i know on an 24 month … it is easy enough to sign up to my t mobile, i know on an 24 month contract they will upgrade you at 18 months, dont know when an 18 month contract becomes upgradable

...usually between 12 and 15 months.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)913
      2. Help sought - Cheap(est) smartphone with Standard SIM for short period of u…11
      3. Which Kodi Add-ons?33
      4. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!11

See more discussions