Groups

Legal movie streaming sites

I'm looking for a legitimate, established, legal movie streaming service with a monthly/annual flat-fee for unlimited usage, rather than paying for video-on-demand.

It needs to have an excellent library including recent content available on DVD.

Any recommendations? This seems to be a bit of a minefield :-s

8 Comments

Lovefilm have a service but don't like them as a company so have never used it so cannot comment on quality etc

do u just mean u want to watch stuff online, try
    ipb.quicksilverscreen.com/
    but ull need divx web player to watch the divx stuff which i would recommend as the others are usually poor quality

Original Poster

tatemze;8288799

do u just mean u want to watch stuff online, try … do u just mean u want to watch stuff online, try http://ipb.quicksilverscreen.com/but ull need divx web player to watch the divx stuff which i would recommend as the others are usually poor quality

Nice link, rep added. My only issues are (a) limited content, mainly older stuff and (b) my works PC doesn't have DivX installed and I don't have admin access to do so :-( Damn!

Original Poster

mr.potato_head;8288745

Lovefilm have a service but don't like them as a company so have never … Lovefilm have a service but don't like them as a company so have never used it so cannot comment on quality etc

Damn, that was looking good until I realised you can only view with a UK IP address. Despite being sat in the UK right now ... my IP is an American one and I therefore cannot view these. Gutted as theres loads of free ones too.

TUSSFC;8288808

Nice link, rep added. My only issues are (a) limited content, mainly … Nice link, rep added. My only issues are (a) limited content, mainly older stuff and (b) my works PC doesn't have DivX installed and I don't have admin access to do so :-( Damn!

yeah, u can request stuff thow, and sometimes i find that iv not been able to find something unless i do a search
    dont know how to help with the divx thing sorry, u can watch programmes in non divx format but theyr often quite pixelated
    veoh player is usually ok for quality, if theres a veoh option

best to get an apple tv

TUSSFC;8288834

Damn, that was looking good until I realised you can only view with a UK … Damn, that was looking good until I realised you can only view with a UK IP address. Despite being sat in the UK right now ... my IP is an American one and I therefore cannot view these. Gutted as theres loads of free ones too.

Netflix is apparently good. Only avaliable in the US so should be what you need.

Original Poster

tatemze;8288841

yeah, u can request stuff thow, and sometimes i find that iv not been … yeah, u can request stuff thow, and sometimes i find that iv not been able to find something unless i do a searchdont know how to help with the divx thing sorry, u can watch programmes in non divx format but theyr often quite pixelated :(veoh player is usually ok for quality, if theres a veoh option

Went to the FLV/Flash board and got some crackers working there, so I'm happy. Anything hosted on novamov.com seems to be good.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheap 'smart phone' for child wanted.33
      2. Pet lifetime insurance advice needed22
      3. Ditched Sky33
      4. iPhone 7 32GB Black Unopened56

See more discussions