Lego Mario Delays - Direct from Lego shop (Possible £10 Lego VIP credit)

Posted 31st Jul 2020
Just a heads up to anyone like myself who pre-ordered Lego Mario Starter Set and the free Monty Mole expansion pack the Lego online store will not be shipping any orders until the 10th August at the earliest. Apparently there is a big delay with production

I just found out because i phoned to ask when mine was due as I pre-ordered it about an hour after it went live back in April and it told me 1st August. I explained to the guy on the phone how frustrated I was that I pre-ordered it within an hour of it going live yet a load of UK stores have broke street date and I have to wait till the 10th August, I was credited £10 worth of Lego VIP points on my account as a good will gesture
Community Updates
27 Comments
I'm the same, they said by Friday 7th August I should have it. The money was coming out of my bank and now it is not. I thought it was a payment problem. Was that the same with you?
Guess this explains it then.
I haven't managed to get through to anyone that would give me a decent honest answer.
I just kept having COVID thrown at me as a blanket reason. Like I didn't know that existed and it hadn't ruined my sons life the last months.

Thanks for sharing your interaction - why they can't be upfront and put out an email to people or something is just beyond me.

I suppose it will teach me a lesson for using them in future.
I put the order in back in April and it was an order with other stuff - they took the full amount.
I've got as far as them just telling me to 'buy it from a store and when your delivery comes return it to us for a refund'
I would have bought it for my son already if I wasn't out the money. We don't have much spare at the minute.

A bit of honesty would go a long way.
Sorry to hear that.

I was fortunate enough to be able to walk in to a Lego store, and pick up the start kit and the free gift from the shop floor.

Hope it all works out for you all
Kieran_Crouch04/08/2020 16:33

I'm the same, they said by Friday 7th August I should have it. The money …I'm the same, they said by Friday 7th August I should have it. The money was coming out of my bank and now it is not. I thought it was a payment problem. Was that the same with you?

They initially went to take it out then didn't, however they have now taken it out yesterday (4th August), order is showing as "In Warehouse"
derpayne04/08/2020 21:36

Guess this explains it then.I haven't managed to get through to anyone …Guess this explains it then.I haven't managed to get through to anyone that would give me a decent honest answer. I just kept having COVID thrown at me as a blanket reason. Like I didn't know that existed and it hadn't ruined my sons life the last months.Thanks for sharing your interaction - why they can't be upfront and put out an email to people or something is just beyond me.I suppose it will teach me a lesson for using them in future. I put the order in back in April and it was an order with other stuff - they took the full amount.I've got as far as them just telling me to 'buy it from a store and when your delivery comes return it to us for a refund'I would have bought it for my son already if I wasn't out the money. We don't have much spare at the minute. A bit of honesty would go a long way.

They wouldn't give me any kind of reason for delay on the phone, they just said they know for a fact it's delayed until at least the 10th, when I asked why Lego can't ship out their own product but most UK retailers were selling it a few days before launch date the guy just apologised and offered me £10 VIP points as a goodwill gesture for my hassle
Interestingly mine has been shipped this morning although I have noticed that the free monty mole set no longer says anything in the "Name" column of my order. Hopefully it is still the monty mole set I receive
Neo160705/08/2020 12:27

They initially went to take it out then didn't, however they have now …They initially went to take it out then didn't, however they have now taken it out yesterday (4th August), order is showing as "In Warehouse"

Yeah mines been in warehouse for days
At the end of the day my sons 5 - he doesn't blame lego, he blames me. So as a consumer I'll need to learn my lesson.
Feel like an idiot.
mman200505/08/2020 12:49

Interestingly mine has been shipped this morning although I have noticed …Interestingly mine has been shipped this morning although I have noticed that the free monty mole set no longer says anything in the "Name" column of my order. Hopefully it is still the monty mole set I receive

I've just checked as well, Monty Mole has been removed from my order!

I am assuming the monty mole set is where the delay is, as there seems to be plenty of stock of the Starter kit everywhere else, but having pre-ordered direct from Lego in April just so I got the extra kit I hope i still receive it!
Neo160705/08/2020 12:54

I've just checked as well, Monty Mole has been removed from my order!I am …I've just checked as well, Monty Mole has been removed from my order!I am assuming the monty mole set is where the delay is, as there seems to be plenty of stock of the Starter kit everywhere else, but having pre-ordered direct from Lego in April just so I got the extra kit I hope i still receive it!

Fingers crossed we still get them
I am on the phone to them now, will update in a few minutes when i get an answer
Warehouse error yesterday, all sets are being shipped today. Most customers should be receiving their dispatch email before end of day today, Monty Mole sets are all being sent out, there's just a glitch with the system which is making it not showing on the account orders
Neo160705/08/2020 13:13

Warehouse error yesterday, all sets are being shipped today. Most …Warehouse error yesterday, all sets are being shipped today. Most customers should be receiving their dispatch email before end of day today, Monty Mole sets are all being sent out, there's just a glitch with the system which is making it not showing on the account orders

Thanks for checking. Much appreciated!!
I was pushing to try and get one of the costume change expansion packs thrown in with my order for all the hassle but coz I got £10 of VIP points they said I'm getting nothing else. Worth a try though
Just had dispatch email at last and it shows the monty mole set on the order not sure about the mushroom polybag tho also been trying to get hold of them regards in store purchase and adding points,ammending vip details whats best way as live chat is never on and tel number on website doesnt seem to connect?
For those who want the poly bag but might not get one:

thehut.com/toy…tml

I've ordered one just in case and it has been dispatched
I've had no email and no money out of my bank yet. I was told that if I don't get an email by Friday to give them a call.
I might phone tomorrow afternoon If I don't hear anything. Can't track it as I forgot I had a lego vip when I preordered it
gemvis05/08/2020 15:22

Just had dispatch email at last and it shows the monty mole set on the …Just had dispatch email at last and it shows the monty mole set on the order not sure about the mushroom polybag tho also been trying to get hold of them regards in store purchase and adding points,ammending vip details whats best way as live chat is never on and tel number on website doesnt seem to connect?

the mushroom poly bag should be included as well hopefully, the woman i spoke to earlier was quoting "Adventures with Mario Starter kit" and the "Monty Mole Super Mushroom expansion"
Neo160705/08/2020 15:42

the mushroom poly bag should be included as well hopefully, the woman i …the mushroom poly bag should be included as well hopefully, the woman i spoke to earlier was quoting "Adventures with Mario Starter kit" and the "Monty Mole Super Mushroom expansion"

Hmmm that's what the monty mole set says tho i just thought the polybag might of had its own order value at 0 and item number but its not mentioned on the order.
Edited by: "gemvis" 5th Aug
I rang earlier and they said to buy the starter pack from a shop, and when the one from them eventually arrives I can keep the pre order bonus, just return the starter pack and they are sending him a gift.
I just think it was obviously very clear very quickly that they had a problem - it's a shame a company as big as them couldn't send out an email just explaining and apologising rather than leaving people to try and get in touch for answers.
I've had a dispatch email today, it's got 3 items listed on it so I assume everyone is getting sent an extra free gift?

5006216 Super Mario Collection V29
40414 Monty Mole & Super Mushroom V29
71360 Adventures with Mario Starter V29

EDIT*
Nevermind, just googled the collection code and it says 5006216 is just the bundle code for the starter kit and monty mole
Edited by: "Neo1607" 6th Aug
Just got my parcel delivered
mman200507/08/2020 12:28

Just got my parcel delivered

Yay! Mario time! Hopefully we won't be far behind. Enjoy
Just called lego asking for compensation cause they told me it'll be here by the end of the week, but I tracked it and it still in Belgium. They gave me 71364 Whomp’s Lava Trouble Expansion Set and rounded my vip account to £10.
The choices where either 2 mario suits, 71363 Desert Pokey Expansion Set or the set I picked
Kieran_Crouch07/08/2020 16:03

Just called lego asking for compensation cause they told me it'll be here …Just called lego asking for compensation cause they told me it'll be here by the end of the week, but I tracked it and it still in Belgium. They gave me 71364 Whomp’s Lava Trouble Expansion Set and rounded my vip account to £10.The choices where either 2 mario suits, 71363 Desert Pokey Expansion Set or the set I picked

Hmm, dare I email lego and try and get one of these free sets as well
Is it a bit ocd if I've already bought spare barcode tiles?!
Mine turned up today, box is smashed to bits and was ripped open at the side. Terrible service from start to finish with this order
Neo160710/08/2020 16:35

Mine turned up today, box is smashed to bits and was ripped open at the …Mine turned up today, box is smashed to bits and was ripped open at the side. Terrible service from start to finish with this order

Sorry to hear that!
Post a comment
@
    Text