Lego sets

Posted 6th Apr
hi there

Looking to buy a Lego set to pass the time. Please can anyone recommend a company that stocks Lego that gives a decent discount the first time u use them.

Thanks

John
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Hi John. Have a look on IWOOT. They have a selection of sets with 20% off at the minute (I posted one earlier today) and delivery is free if you spend over 30 quid.
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately nothing I want is on offer.
Debenhams has 30% off all Lego sets.
Downtownmonkey06/04/2020 15:22

Debenhams has 30% off all Lego sets.

They don't have any sets available, plus going into administration so a big risky. But thanks.
I think you’re looking at the wrong time unfortunately, Argos occasionally do 20-25% off Lego and Smyths do spend and save type offers throughout the year that can be used on Lego but due to current climate many children’s toys/activities are sold out/holding their price due to increased demand. It’s best to know exactly what set you want and then search for the best price or ask on here if anyone knows where it’s available discounted. Good luck.
ChelseaRae06/04/2020 18:20

I think you’re looking at the wrong time unfortunately, Argos occasionally …I think you’re looking at the wrong time unfortunately, Argos occasionally do 20-25% off Lego and Smyths do spend and save type offers throughout the year that can be used on Lego but due to current climate many children’s toys/activities are sold out/holding their price due to increased demand. It’s best to know exactly what set you want and then search for the best price or ask on here if anyone knows where it’s available discounted. Good luck.

Thanks for responding. I'm not after anything inparticular really. Just a decent sized project. Iv looked at the silent mary which is a pirate ship but that's only really available on on the resale market. Something like the death Star would be good but don't want to spent that much money. I'm open to suggestions. Harry potter great hall looks ok. I'm tempted by the soon to be released fast and furious car.
brailer06/04/2020 19:00

Thanks for responding. I'm not after anything inparticular really. Just a …Thanks for responding. I'm not after anything inparticular really. Just a decent sized project. Iv looked at the silent mary which is a pirate ship but that's only really available on on the resale market. Something like the death Star would be good but don't want to spent that much money. I'm open to suggestions. Harry potter great hall looks ok. I'm tempted by the soon to be released fast and furious car.

Have you considered dupe Lego sets? I can’t say I’ve purchased any myself but I’m considering it as my son wants the Disney Steamboat Willie set, it’s really quite small and an eye watering £80 for the size (I’ve purchased Lego sets £100+ so normally don’t have a problem spending where I think it’s worth it) but online I’ve found lots of copy versions, for instance one on eBay is under £30 which is a massive saving. It may be worth having a look yourself if it’s something you’d consider, at least you know with eBay you are covered by buyer protection from them and PayPal if you’re not happy with what you receive.
brailer06/04/2020 19:00

Thanks for responding. I'm not after anything inparticular really. Just a …Thanks for responding. I'm not after anything inparticular really. Just a decent sized project. Iv looked at the silent mary which is a pirate ship but that's only really available on on the resale market. Something like the death Star would be good but don't want to spent that much money. I'm open to suggestions. Harry potter great hall looks ok. I'm tempted by the soon to be released fast and furious car.

Silent Mary is a discontinued set so the only place you’re find it is on the resale market, if you’re looking for a big set then only places that might have a few offers at the moment are John Lewis and Smyths but like someone already said they’re not doing their normal big offers at the moment. Alternatively if you purchase directly from the Lego store depending on spend your probably get some freebies which can be worth a bit, you’d also be able to sign up to their VIP program where your earn points on your spend to redeem later, and you can get cash back via Quidco or TopCashback- if you haven’t got either maybe worth looking at current sign up bonuses
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions