Lego X Nintendo collaboration incoming

Lead deal editor26
Posted 10th Mar
Update:

Nintendo have finally announced the upcoming LEGO Mario range coming later this year, no official release date or pricing has yet been announced by Nintendo, who Tweeted the update to the LEGO Mario range a short time ago.

Coming later this year
Collecting coins, spinning through challenges and completing levels – it’s all part of the new LEGO® Super Mario™ play experience. Designers from Nintendo and the LEGO Group have worked together to bring LEGO Mario™ to life in a way that completely reimagines the world of physical LEGO building.

3420177.jpg
The new Mario range differs from the traditional LEGO sets we have become accustomed to. "Buyers will be able to, essentially, build customised Mario levels using specialty LEGO bricks, which will interact in various ways with the unique LEGO Mario figure

3420177.jpg
Designers from both companies join forces to create a new physical play experience that brings Super Mario to life in the world of LEGO® bricks, launching later this year.

The LEGO Group announced a partnership with Nintendo that will change the way people interact with Super Mario in the physical world and engage in LEGO® experiences.

Both companies share a passion for innovation and play and their collaboration has led to a reimagination of the LEGO building experience, enabling an entirely new way to play inspired by the beloved video game icon, Super Mario.

Neither a video game nor a traditional LEGO brick-based set, LEGO® Super Mario™ is a new product line that features an interactive LEGO Mario figure who collects coins in real-life game levels created with LEGO bricks. The new line will let kids experience the playful world of Super Mario like never before. Super Mario will be brought to life in the physical LEGO world and new levels of challenge and styles of play will be part of the iconic LEGO experience enjoyed by generations.

3420177.jpg

Well, what's this... Lego X Nintendo incoming!

Smyths toys have put a little teaser out on social

We hope you have a SUPER MAR10 Day! 🍄

To celebrate we will have some exciting news to share this week from LEGO and Nintendo... 🎮

Register your interest now to receive all the latest updates!
👉 Link

3420177.jpg

Nintendo have also put out a tweet Link

Soon as i have more details, i'll share!
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
This is awful.
If this is a Lego Mario game then they can't just take my wallet or my money, they can take my whole bank account! 🏦 💵
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 10th Mar
26 Comments
If this is a Lego Mario game then they can't just take my wallet or my money, they can take my whole bank account! 🏦 💵
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 10th Mar
minifig29010/03/2020 23:26

Brickset article: …Brickset article: https://brickset.com/article/49245/lego-super-mario-coming-soon!includes little teaser video.

Yep! Video is linked in OP via twitter.

Very little info across the www atm though, hopefully won't be too long before an announcement
Dan_8211/03/2020 06:38

Yep! Video is linked in OP via twitter.Very little info across the www atm …Yep! Video is linked in OP via twitter.Very little info across the www atm though, hopefully won't be too long before an announcement

People thinking it's a Direct 🤡 🤡

(Although I have to say I want one)
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 11th Mar
I dropped a brick on my foot today. My friend told me to LEGO.
Bit early for April Fools isn't it?
Would be Interested but only if they it was part of the creator expert or brickheadz series. Even better if licensing was from super Mario 3 and Yoshi island.
This is awful.
omfgzbilly12/03/2020 13:59

This is awful.

I wouldn’t say it’s awful. It may not appeal to you, and you may be disappointed it’s not sets, but it looks pretty cool.

Also it’s not necessarily all we’re getting.
Edited by: "sammy_zammy" 12th Mar
Its the beginning of the end.
Brilliant! I nearly wish I was a kid again
Only just seen the vid on Facebook about this, and have to admit it looks awesome. My 7 yr old is mad on mario and even me at 29 would enjoy it. I can see why it wouldn’t be for everyone, but great for kids setting up their own levels. Shame it’s “being released later in the year” 😔
vicstar11512/03/2020 14:05

Only just seen the vid on Facebook about this, and have to admit it looks …Only just seen the vid on Facebook about this, and have to admit it looks awesome. My 7 yr old is mad on mario and even me at 29 would enjoy it. I can see why it wouldn’t be for everyone, but great for kids setting up their own levels. Shame it’s “being released later in the year” 😔

Xmas rush, very likely anyway!
Dan_8212/03/2020 14:07

Xmas rush, very likely anyway!

Even better, I’ll hold out buying any Xmas pressies for the boy
Wait has whatever this is now officially been announced? I've heard nothing from that email newsletter thing
andrewworrall112/03/2020 14:16

Wait has whatever this is now officially been announced? I've heard …Wait has whatever this is now officially been announced? I've heard nothing from that email newsletter thing

Ditto - guess catching up!
Me watching the trailer:
40092391-kXEEM.jpg
Errrr. That looks, umm, interesting...
Interested to see how these figures will work with their Bluetooth abilities.
minifig29012/03/2020 18:20

Interested to see how these figures will work with their Bluetooth …Interested to see how these figures will work with their Bluetooth abilities.

Does Switch use Bluetooth? If so imagine if you could build your own LEGO controller and use it with your Switch
Take my money :-)
Looks rubbish I'd rather play the games but then again I'm not 7.
The technology and the Mario figures look really neat...

I just wish the set was better, it's duplo levels of complexity. All the potential builds you could have for castles, mushrooms, karts....
I wanna see Bowser, then they can take my money. Looking forward to the new Super Mario animated film and presumably now some cameos in a future Lego Movie 3! No Bob Hoskins in sight!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants