Groups

Legoland....

Has anyone been? would you recommend one or 2 days.
    Going to take the kids for their 6 and 4th birthdays.
    Was thinking either 1 day at legoland and one at chessington or 2 at legoland ?
    Any info would be much appreciated
    thanks

20 Comments

where do you live? Do you need a overnight stay?
    are you on a budget?

How many in total are going (ie: adults and kids)

i went last august ( Lego Land ) - booked 2 days in the park and had 2 nights in the Sheraton Hilton ( opposite heathrow ) 10 min drive to the park... had an amazing couple of days my kids are 8 and 2 they loved it .. obv the baby didn't go on much though !
    i paid £250 all in !! well worth the money

Original Poster

Disco;8633115

where do you live? Do you need a overnight stay?are you on a budget?How … where do you live? Do you need a overnight stay?are you on a budget?How many in total are going (ie: adults and kids)

That would help :oops:
    2 adults 2 kids ,
    need accomodation as live in Notts was thinking maybe 2 nights.
    Is there anything else in the area?
    No budget really :thumbsup: But obviously the cheaper the better.

geegee-pinata;8633132

That would help :oops:2 adults 2 kids ,need accomodation as live in Notts … That would help :oops:2 adults 2 kids ,need accomodation as live in Notts was thinking maybe 2 nights.Is there anything else in the area? No budget really :thumbsup: But obviously the cheaper the better.

why dont you do Drayton Manor 1st, then travel South for the night, do either Legoland or Chess, then stay over and come back next day. DM is £19pp (includes thomasland or the little ones) and there are 2for1s for Legoland. Sure there are TL's for around £30pn

Its just under 40miles from your home to Drayton Manor, then another 112 to Windsor? :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Disco;8633248

why dont you do Drayton Manor 1st, then travel South for the night, do … why dont you do Drayton Manor 1st, then travel South for the night, do either Legoland or Chess, then stay over and come back next day. DM is £19pp (includes thomasland or the little ones) and there are 2for1s for Legoland. Sure there are TL's for around £30pn

oooh, will have a look thanks

oh, and dates please lol

Original Poster

Disco;8633311

oh, and dates please lol

Week commencing 7th june - preferably tues-thurs, can't come back any later than the friday as englands 1st gae is on the sat
    And yes i'm taking my kids out of school :whistling:

geegee-pinata;8633351

Week commencing 7th june - preferably tues-thurs, can't come back any … Week commencing 7th june - preferably tues-thurs, can't come back any later than the friday as englands 1st gae is on the sat :pAnd yes i'm taking my kids out of school :whistling:

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]I'll EDIT as I go along..[/SIZE][/COLOR]

£10 of Tesco CC Points = 1 Entry to Legoland (using ]THIS LINK, £18 Adult, and under 5s £8.50)
    £9.50 of Tesco CC Points = ! Entry to Chessington (Reduced £19 child and £27 from Lastminute.com)

Drayton Manor June 7th, Entry is £19pp (You need to pre-book) Park closes around 5:30pm, so say 7:30pm by the time you leave, and drive down to Slough
    Slough TL @ £32per room (you should only need one family room!)
    Slough to Legoland June 8th = TBC
    Slough to Chessington June 8th = TBC
    Slough TL June 8th overnight @ £32per room (again, one family room!)

My 6 and 4 year old love Legoland. We can usually do it all in one day although usually stay somewhere the night after coz we're usually too knackered to drive home after lol
    Well worth it :thumbsup:
    BTW did u know u can pay for tickets using ur clubcard vouchers ?

I went when I was like 7, 12 years ago. I can't really remember much about it, I know I had a good time though :P Best part for me was the go kart things :P

Original Poster

Thanks guys for all your help keep it coming lol, i'll rep in a bit

geegee-pinata;8633505

Thanks guys for all your help keep it coming lol, i'll rep in a bit

you wont get tesco cc redeemed in time, so thats what.. brb with prices for legoland :whistling::whistling:

Original Poster

Disco;8633548

you wont get tesco cc redeemed in time, so thats what.. brb with prices … you wont get tesco cc redeemed in time, so thats what.. brb with prices for legoland :whistling::whistling:

Think i've spent them all anyways :whistling:

Disco;8633548

you wont get tesco cc redeemed in time, so thats what.. brb with prices … you wont get tesco cc redeemed in time, so thats what.. brb with prices for legoland :whistling::whistling:

They easily would. When I send off for Deals vouchers I always get them within a week. Op has almost 3 weeks.

geegee-pinata;8633573

Think i've spent them all anyways :whistling:

Moot point now!!

for adults at least legoland gets very boring after a few hours id defo say got to chington aswell
    also get the fasst track thing so you dont have to que for tickets

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Update...[/SIZE][/COLOR]

£10 of Tesco CC Points = 1 Entry to Legoland
    £9.50 of Tesco CC Points = ! Entry to Chessington (Reduced £19 child and £27 from Lastminute.com)

Drayton Manor June 7th, Entry is £19pp (You need to pre-book) Park closes around 5:30pm, so say 7:30pm by the time you leave, and drive down to Slough
    Slough TL @ £32per room (you should only need one family room!)
    Slough to Legoland June 8th = (using ]THIS LINK, £18 Adult, and under 5s £8.50)
    Slough to Chessington June 8th = Reduced £19 child and £27 Adult from Lastminute.com
    Slough TL June 8th overnight @ £32per room (again, one family room!)

great for kids. boring for adults!

u are going on a sunday so u wont get on all the rides due to long waits i imagine. still id do 2 different parks

Original Poster

magicbeans;8633767

great for kids. boring for adults!u are going on a sunday so u wont get … great for kids. boring for adults!u are going on a sunday so u wont get on all the rides due to long waits i imagine. still id do 2 different parks

Going week commencing the 7th - looking at the tues-thurs.
    Not going on a sunday at all that would be mental

Thanks to all esp Disco for your fab contributions

let us know what you decide or if ya need anymore info

Original Poster

Disco;8633934

let us know what you decide or if ya need anymore info

Certainly will - thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4972455
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27148
      3. word association Game72944197
      4. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!811

See more discussions