Leicester sack their manager!

Found 17th Oct 2017
I would apoint Claudio Rannieri. A manager with good experience who has proved the impossible is possible.
Community Updates
Misc
22 Comments
I would appoint the mascot temporarily and then give him the full-time job when they win a few games...
I'd appoint a not so trigger happy board more than anything for the Foxes. Leicester have had a tough initial opening games but they will ultimately end up mid table whoever there manager is.
JohnnyRoller27 m ago

I would appoint the mascot temporarily and then give him the full-time job …I would appoint the mascot temporarily and then give him the full-time job when they win a few games...

And then sack him as soon as they lose a couple.
chaywa45 m ago

I'd appoint a not so trigger happy board more than anything for the Foxes. …I'd appoint a not so trigger happy board more than anything for the Foxes. Leicester have had a tough initial opening games but they will ultimately end up mid table whoever there manager is.

When rich foreign people with no concept of English football take over a club this is what happens
JohnnyRoller57 m ago

I would appoint the mascot temporarily and then give him the full-time job …I would appoint the mascot temporarily and then give him the full-time job when they win a few games...

To be fair Shakespeare and the mascot are on the same level..
The majority of the top division clubs have owners that have got no clue about the game. They all think that when things go wrong they can just sack the manager and by magic, make things better. They are comparable to a spoilt child and their toys.
Sacking the manager regularily seems to work for Chelsea .. Look at the managers they have got through and the trophies they have won
plodging14 m ago

Sacking the manager regularily seems to work for Chelsea .. Look at the …Sacking the manager regularily seems to work for Chelsea .. Look at the managers they have got through and the trophies they have won

Slightly different case.
plodging21 m ago

Sacking the manager regularily seems to work for Chelsea .. Look at the …Sacking the manager regularily seems to work for Chelsea .. Look at the managers they have got through and the trophies they have won

Nothing to do with the £1.7 billion they've spent on transfer fees over the past 20 years then?
Correct decision and most fans had seen the writing on the wall for the past few weeks, if not from when we got thumped by Spurs at the end of last season.

It was also right to sack Ranieri last season - he will always be a hero for winning us the league but he was taking us down the way we were going last season.

Shakespeare has been sacked this early not to repeat what happened last season clinging on to someone in the hope they will turn it around and almost left it too late to save us.

Should have got Marco Silva in over the summer so hopefully now we can get a 'ball playing' manager in.
Towelie21 m ago

Correct decision and most fans had seen the writing on the wall for the …Correct decision and most fans had seen the writing on the wall for the past few weeks, if not from when we got thumped by Spurs at the end of last season.It was also right to sack Ranieri last season - he will always be a hero for winning us the league but he was taking us down the way we were going last season.Shakespeare has been sacked this early not to repeat what happened last season clinging on to someone in the hope they will turn it around and almost left it too late to save us.Should have got Marco Silva in over the summer so hopefully now we can get a 'ball playing' manager in.

Mancini always appeared a possibility, but he will be earning a small fortune at ZSP now. Good job for the right manager.
Towelie38 m ago

Correct decision and most fans had seen the writing on the wall for the …Correct decision and most fans had seen the writing on the wall for the past few weeks, if not from when we got thumped by Spurs at the end of last season.It was also right to sack Ranieri last season - he will always be a hero for winning us the league but he was taking us down the way we were going last season.Shakespeare has been sacked this early not to repeat what happened last season clinging on to someone in the hope they will turn it around and almost left it too late to save us.Should have got Marco Silva in over the summer so hopefully now we can get a 'ball playing' manager in.

How can you possibly agree with the sacking of Ranieri? I'm stunned by your short sightedness.
spoo1 h, 5 m ago

Nothing to do with the £1.7 billion they've spent on transfer fees over …Nothing to do with the £1.7 billion they've spent on transfer fees over the past 20 years then?

Of course .. But if it's just a matter of money keep the same manager for 20 years and give him a shed load of cash .. And end up with Arsenal
Towelie1 h, 11 m ago

You are one of the ridiculous supporters, and call for managers heads. Ranieri wasn't bringing you down, the players were (this was clear for everyone to see). They didn't want Ranieri there for whatever reason, so played poorly to make the board sack him. Fans should shame the players, not the manager. Players are making this a routine now, it's no longer about the game. It's all about the money.

Don't get me wrong there are occasions where the manager is the problem. Negative managers like Moyes are a disease to any club. No player is bigger than the club, and should be treated as an example (like Coutinho at Liverpool). That is how they should be dealt with.

Mourinho is another example at Chelsea, that was the same as Ranieri. However the fans really wanted him to stay as they were loyal to their manager. They were unhappy with the players (again this is how fans should be).

Edit: They are correct to sack Shakespeare as he never should have been appointed. Any manager that would of came in would have got the team to start playing, the board and owners at Leicester are useless. That is the problem.
Edited by: "JohnnyRoller" 17th Oct 2017
plodging29 m ago

Of course .. But if it's just a matter of money keep the same manager for …Of course .. But if it's just a matter of money keep the same manager for 20 years and give him a shed load of cash .. And end up with Arsenal

Wenger has always been prudent with the cash until recently. Wenger has done arsenal proud.
should never have got the job in the first place imo
RedLozzer12 h, 21 m ago

Wenger has always been prudent with the cash until recently. Wenger has …Wenger has always been prudent with the cash until recently. Wenger has done arsenal proud.

I hope Arsenal keep him as long as possible.
Family links to Leicester, feel sorry for the fans, club is being destroyed by prima donna players and totally incompetent board/owners.
JohnnyRoller21 h, 46 m ago

You are one of the ridiculous supporters, and call for managers heads. …You are one of the ridiculous supporters, and call for managers heads. Ranieri wasn't bringing you down, the players were (this was clear for everyone to see). They didn't want Ranieri there for whatever reason, so played poorly to make the board sack him. Fans should shame the players, not the manager. Players are making this a routine now, it's no longer about the game. It's all about the money. Don't get me wrong there are occasions where the manager is the problem. Negative managers like Moyes are a disease to any club. No player is bigger than the club, and should be treated as an example (like Coutinho at Liverpool). That is how they should be dealt with.Mourinho is another example at Chelsea, that was the same as Ranieri. However the fans really wanted him to stay as they were loyal to their manager. They were unhappy with the players (again this is how fans should be).Edit: They are correct to sack Shakespeare as he never should have been appointed. Any manager that would of came in would have got the team to start playing, the board and owners at Leicester are useless. That is the problem.

No, I'm an actual fan that supports his home town team and not an armchair fan of a team 100s of miles away from me.

We were going down with Ranieri in charge last season the way things were going. Weather that was down to his management or a lack of effort from the players, none of us here will never truly know. Given that you can't sack a whole squad of players, it was the manager that had to go. Rightly or wrongly but something had to change the way we were and the manager was the only option.

Moyes isn't a disease of a manager - he turned Everton from relegation fodder to regular challengers for European places without any real transfer budget. Moyes at Man Utd is a classic example of what you are arguing against - the fans turned on him but they didn't turn on the next 2 when their new managers didn't do as well as he did in their first years!!

Agree that Shakespeare shouldn't have got the gig full tim, no fans really wanted him full-time as the writing was on the wall from the end of last season after the initially rise in form.

But if you think our owners are useless, to take a team from average Championship level to Champions League Qtr final in less than 3-years, I dread to think how that makes other clubs owners!
Towelie28 m ago

No, I'm an actual fan that supports his home town team and not an armchair …No, I'm an actual fan that supports his home town team and not an armchair fan of a team 100s of miles away from me.We were going down with Ranieri in charge last season the way things were going. Weather that was down to his management or a lack of effort from the players, none of us here will never truly know. Given that you can't sack a whole squad of players, it was the manager that had to go. Rightly or wrongly but something had to change the way we were and the manager was the only option.Moyes isn't a disease of a manager - he turned Everton from relegation fodder to regular challengers for European places without any real transfer budget. Moyes at Man Utd is a classic example of what you are arguing against - the fans turned on him but they didn't turn on the next 2 when their new managers didn't do as well as he did in their first years!!Agree that Shakespeare shouldn't have got the gig full tim, no fans really wanted him full-time as the writing was on the wall from the end of last season after the initially rise in form.But if you think our owners are useless, to take a team from average Championship level to Champions League Qtr final in less than 3-years, I dread to think how that makes other clubs owners!

What are you implying? Because you support a team outside your door, it makes you more of a true football fan? That is just nonsense, you may have been one of the "ooh Leicester are in the Premier League I'll follow them now". It's easier to support a local team than a team that's miles away from where you live.

Admittedly there are Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool fans that have never been to a live game. But that doesn't mean all supporters of those clubs are armchair fans.

Leicester will ultimately get relegated, this season or next. That is due to the board and how they run the club. No team that can win the Premier League the season before last should be where Leicester are, it's that simple. You could look at it the other way, that the season was a complete fluke and one off that it should never have happened. This now being true colours to where Leicester are currently. Either way Ranieri should never have been sacked, regardless of what outcome last season would have had. The club did something impossible, Ranieri should have had time to clean out the childish spoilt players who demanded more money, then refused to play.

They should have been relegated, the players deserved to be relegated. Now time will catch up, and that outcome is inevitable.

Oh and Moyes is rubbish, the most negative manager ever. Negativity breeds negativity and will destroy any team. Everton are exactly what they are, mediocre at best. During his reign at Everton, they were mediocre.
Just an average club with over priced over paid players. The next manager will not improve results in the medium term because the players are lazy.
Relegation may make the prima donnas players think about how they are letting the club and fans down badly.
davewave18th Oct

I hope Arsenal keep him as long as possible.

They will. He should have left a couple of years ago.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants