Groups

Lemon cola becomes holy water in Norway baptism

found on yahoo

A Norwegian church used lemon-flavoured cola instead of water in a baptism ceremony after its taps were temporarily turned off because of freezing temperatures, daily Vaart Land said on Tuesday. Skip related content

Priest Paal Dale from the town of Stord, about 150 miles west of the capital Oslo, improvised during a recent cold-spell by dabbing the lemon fizzy water on a baby during a baptism ceremony, it said.

"It had gone flat," Dale was quoted as saying by the newspaper. "Only the lemon smell made this unusual."

Dale said the child's family were informed about the switch only after the ceremony because the priest "had a need to inform" them about the lingering lemon scent.

"They didn't say much, but I assumed they smelled the aroma as well," Dale told Vaart Land.

4 Comments

Leer have you ever thought of becoming a news reader?

Original Poster

im camera shy!lol!x

I think the important fact in this story is that Norway still has lemon cola, I wish they'd kept it over here

Original Poster

dregan;4788372

I think the important fact in this story is that Norway still has lemon … I think the important fact in this story is that Norway still has lemon cola, I wish they'd kept it over here

:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      2. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions