Groups

lenova tablet from argos . bought on the 2nd of december

hi guys bought a lenova tablet from argos on the 2nd of December for my daughters birthday which was the 16th.
    turned it on and i have noticed the screen has dead pixels running right across the screen like a line. whats the best course of action? can i still return it/exchange it? i still have the receipt.

thanks

12 Comments

Why would you not be able to?

Original Poster

adamspencer95

click

cheers mate

You should be able to get a refund.

Original Poster

wakkaday

You should be able to get a refund.

thanks mate. will be at argos first thing in the morning ;-)

Under EU law any faulty good within 6 months the onus is on retailer to prove otherwise. Anything after 6 months they will likely send to manufacturer. Argos are pretty good and you shouldn't have to send it off for repair.

Original Poster

wakkaday

Under EU law any faulty good within 6 months the onus is on retailer to … Under EU law any faulty good within 6 months the onus is on retailer to prove otherwise. Anything after 6 months they will likely send to manufacturer. Argos are pretty good and you shouldn't have to send it off for repair.

yeh man. have had it turned off many times to thinking maybe it needs to warm up or something but the line of dead pixels still there. so will be defo taking it back.

Original Poster

If you’ve had it for 30 days or less:

Just bring it back or get in touch (Live Chat us below). If the item is faulty, you’ll get the choice of a repair, replacement or refund.

so should be okay ;-)

Edited by: "optimus_prime2" 18th Dec 2016

Hmm.......You really need to ask advice on what to do when an item bought on 2 dec is faulty !

Original Poster

Ellie Phant

Hmm.......You really need to ask advice on what to do when an item bought … Hmm.......You really need to ask advice on what to do when an item bought on 2 dec is faulty !

yeh but was not opened then. as it was a birthday present

its like argos have a policy

Good news – any purchases made between 12 October 2016 and 25 December 2016 can be returned until 24 January 2017.

Is it there all the time? Reason I ask is because I have the Tab 2 and thought the same thing, turns out it's part of the default background image on the left of the homescreen.

Original Poster

GrantG182

Is it there all the time? Reason I ask is because I have the Tab 2 and … Is it there all the time? Reason I ask is because I have the Tab 2 and thought the same thing, turns out it's part of the default background image on the left of the homescreen.

Hi its on all time. even if i make the screen horizontal etc still there.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…66
      2. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      4. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44

See more discussions