Lenovo Ideapad 320 disk drive?

Posted 10th Feb
I’ve got a Lenovo ideapad 320 and it looks as though it has space for an internal disk drive.

However it struggling to find one online that’s for this model. Any ideas of where I can find one? Or a compatible model?

Cheers.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Looks like a standard 2.5" SATA drive. Try upgrading it to a cheap ssd.
youtube.com/wat…Sks
Looks like a standard 2.5" SATA drive. Try upgrading it to a cheap ssd.
youtube.com/wat…Sks
bazdotdoc10/02/2020 06:03

Looks like a standard 2.5" SATA drive. Try upgrading it to a cheap …Looks like a standard 2.5" SATA drive. Try upgrading it to a cheap ssd.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZJq-uEdSks

Maybe I didn’t word the question properly, my laptop has an SSD already I want an actual Disk Drive. To play physical disks.
robbiet10/02/2020 09:01

Maybe I didn’t word the question properly, my laptop has an SSD already I w …Maybe I didn’t word the question properly, my laptop has an SSD already I want an actual Disk Drive. To play physical disks.

Are you talking about compact discs? The convention is normally to use disk for hard drive and disc for CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays etc.
EndlessWaves10/02/2020 09:06

Are you talking about compact discs? The convention is normally to use …Are you talking about compact discs? The convention is normally to use disk for hard drive and disc for CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays etc.

Oh yeah I didn’t even realise that difference sorry! Yeah just an actual disc drive then. I know they’re old fashioned and people don’t use them that much anymore but my partner has a load of old games she wants to play. So just wondering how much a generic disc drive will be to put in or an actual Lenovo one, but I’m struggling to find much online. Thanks!
The drives themselves aren't computer specific, but the facias can often be - particularly tray-load versions.
EndlessWaves10/02/2020 09:11

The drives themselves aren't computer specific, but the facias can often …The drives themselves aren't computer specific, but the facias can often be - particularly tray-load versions.

Okay thanks, every time I look online I either can’t find the right version or, it just keeps showing me external USB drives. If you have any idea, could you point me in the right direction please? Thank you !
Are you sure your laptop has room for an optical drive?

Most modern laptops won't have room for one so you will need to look for an external one.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants