Lenovo P2, Moto G5 or Huwaei P8 Lite 2017?

LocalFound 13th Apr 2017
Just got a great summer only deal with Tesco of £11 for 500 mins 5000 texts and 4gb data. Now I need a new phone to buy. What would anybody particularly recommend? Ideally it's to last the next 2 years.
Community Updates
AskLenovoMoto G5
17 Comments
Out of those 3 the P2 is the best, fastest cpu and massive battery, reviews seem great aswel

but

If you can stretch your budget I would recommend the Honor 8
Save And Get LG G3 100 quid
jayd95

Out of those 3 the P2 is the best, fastest cpu and massive battery, … Out of those 3 the P2 is the best, fastest cpu and massive battery, reviews seem great aswelbutIf you can stretch your budget I would recommend the Honor 8

Lenovo P2(Android 6) camera is a slight let down indoors, not as good as Moto G5.(on Android 7)

But the big battery on Lenovo is the best out there

Edited by: "cullies" 13th Apr 2017
Lenovo P2 has a bad sync issue. Google it.
had a G4, power/lock button came off... tooth picks and the like became an accessory if it died and i had to turn it on... considering on boot it also said lenovo I assume they're made at lenovo first. build quality is poor
Does the Operating System it comes stocked with make much difference to the longeetivity of the phone?
tumbleweed34

Lenovo P2 has a bad sync issue. Google it.

No it doesn't.
Got an old Huwaei P8. Lovely phone. Unfortunately the screen cracked when i dropped it, didn't take much unfortunately but otherwise it's been a lovely phone. Camera not the best but it's not a high end phone so isn't going to be perfect.
Bought 2 Moto G5 phones so far. Great phones.

If you want to save some money go for Moto G4 or G4 Plus.
hottoast

Bought 2 Moto G5 phones so far. Great phones. If you want to save some … Bought 2 Moto G5 phones so far. Great phones. If you want to save some money go for Moto G4 or G4 Plus.

You are aren't saving much money - both the Moto G4 and Moto G5 are going for approximately the same price. I actually picked the G4 over the G5 - if you want a faster processor, bigger battery, and bigger screen, and aren’t too fussed about a fingerprint scanner, go for a Moto G4. Out of the three the OP suggested, I think the P2 is best, particularly because of that fantastic 5,100mAh battery.
Edited by: "WhiteGoose" 14th Apr 2017
I can everybody is as divided as my mind is on this.
I've gone p2.…...
mrwhitelabel

I've gone p2.…...

​were you having the same debate I'm having? I may hold out until I know if it is getting the new noughat
WhiteGoose

You are aren't saving much money - both the Moto G4 and Moto G5 are going … You are aren't saving much money - both the Moto G4 and Moto G5 are going for approximately the same price. I actually picked the G4 over the G5 - if you want a faster processor, bigger battery, and bigger screen, and aren’t too fussed about a fingerprint scanner, go for a Moto G4. Out of the three the OP suggested, I think the P2 is best, particularly because of that fantastic 5,100mAh battery.

​On Amazon G4 Plus is £10 dearer than the 3gb G5. The G4 is £40 cheaper than the G5., so a good price.

I have the G4 Plus myself. Wife has the G5.
hottoast

​On Amazon G4 Plus is £10 dearer than the 3gb G5. The G4 is £40 cheaper th … ​On Amazon G4 Plus is £10 dearer than the 3gb G5. The G4 is £40 cheaper than the G5., so a good price. I have the G4 Plus myself. Wife has the G5.

I was comparing the 2GB versions. The 2GB version of the G5 has been at £140 at a few places. The G4 (also 2GB) has been around the £130 point at a few places (but currently it is at £139).
boffy12

​were you having the same debate I'm having? I may hold out until I know i … ​were you having the same debate I'm having? I may hold out until I know if it is getting the new noughat

It is/has. You can install it yourself If you want using zip file of official OTA release. Guide here

http://www.stechguide.com/install-android-7-0-nougat-firmware-on-lenovo-p2/

or wait for the OTA update that is dribbling out from Three.
Edited by: "Uridium" 14th Apr 2017
Is anyone having notification issues with your P2? I have to be actually using the phone in order to get a notification! It's driving me insane. It never alerts me if I have sold anything on eBay etc, as I run a business!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants