Groups

Lenovo ThinkPad Edge

Does anyone have one of the new Lenovo ThinkPad Edge's?

dabs.com/pro…tml

I am seriously considering one of these as a replacement to my damaged Dell Studio 15.

I have the knowledge in these matters generally, I am just curious if anyone has one and if so what they think about them, especially the cheaper AMD models - though I lean towards the C2D as it's surely a much more efficient CPU.

I am considering getting my Studio 15 back from the insurance company assessors and selling it on ebay. It has a cracked screen, and it won't have a hard disk in it, but other than that its in amazing condition, has anyone sold a knackered laptop on ebay before?

Cheers for any thoughts people

3 Comments

I wold certainly advise getting an intel cpu over amd - i have found the latter run very hot in laptops (and fan has to work very hard as a result)...

cant comment on lenovo's but i've always heard they are solidly built.

as for ebay, just dont expect much!

cheers,
    dan

Original Poster

dt_matthews;8332097

I wold certainly advise getting an intel cpu over amd - i have found the … I wold certainly advise getting an intel cpu over amd - i have found the latter run very hot in laptops (and fan has to work very hard as a result)...cant comment on lenovo's but i've always heard they are solidly built.as for ebay, just dont expect much!cheers,dan

Thanks for your reply.
    That was my understanding of AMD CPU's in general compared to the C2D's.

I have worked with Lenovo's before and they seem rock solid, however the ones I have worked with have cost a lot more so I am a little curious.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2542
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767419
      3. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery77
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow919

See more discussions