Groups

Less than a week until The Grand Tour

This is a bit more light hearted that all the Trump posts!

It has felt like a long time coming. I used to love Top Gear and was gutted when it finished.

Supposedly they have spent £160 million on this series so there should be some bloody good bits!

What's everyone else's views?

53 Comments

Can't have a view until I've seen it but even at 10% of that budget it would be a disgraceful waste of money

Can't wait! I'm a huge pertrol head and love these three idiots on screen

When's it on?

psychobitchfromhell

Can't have a view until I've seen it but even at 10% of that budget it … Can't have a view until I've seen it but even at 10% of that budget it would be a disgraceful waste of money

Based on what exactly? TV show budgets are usually geared around returns. I suspect they are anticipating it making way more money than they have spent.

Toon_army

Can't wait! I'm a huge pertrol head and love these three idiots on screen

Pertrol?

fanpages

Pertrol?

Predikuesi

Maybe he has been here on his holidays...

...or one of the other "about 111,000" incorrect spellings listed in Google search results!

Banned

How much does it cost to get it?

& will the price go up when Amazon are prosecuted for failing to pay the minimum wage to their delivery guys & girls?

YouDontWantToKnow

...& will the price go up when Amazon are prosecuted for failing to pay … ...& will the price go up when Amazon are prosecuted for failing to pay the minimum wage to their delivery guys & girls?

Amazon Logistics' agency drivers are self-employed. They are not entitled to employment rights (such as holiday pay, or sick pay) & minimum wage levels.

Statement from Amazon:
    "As independent contractors of our delivery providers, drivers deliver at their own pace, take breaks at their discretion, and are able to choose the suggestion route or develop their own."

g8spur

Based on what exactly? TV show budgets are usually geared around returns. … Based on what exactly? TV show budgets are usually geared around returns. I suspect they are anticipating it making way more money than they have spent.

Don't get me wrong , I enjoyed top gear but it had a budget of half a million an episode . Is this likely to be nine times better ? The profits from top gear went back into the BBC coffers and helped pay for national treasures like sir David Attenborough . With Amazon we're not even likely to benefit from tax revenue .

This better be worth the hype.

Surely the tv advert should be taken down for lies. No way Jeremy flew fire Tv sticks to the continent by drone.

Banned

fanpages

Amazon Logistics' agency drivers are self-employed.

Come back to me in a couple of months

fanpages

Pertrol?

Maybe has been sniffing too much petrol and feeling addled as many of us like to do on a Friday evening.

I don't have Prime, would love to watch this series, they are test driving the new Alfa Giulia, big brother to my Guilietta Veloce

How much is it to watch?

here is the Giullia

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9r2krO2mREU/maxresdefault.jpg
    Edited by: "airfix" 12th Nov 2016

Any way of getting Prime cheaper than the £79 a year?

YouDontWantToKnow

How much does it cost to get it? & will the price go up when Amazon are … How much does it cost to get it? & will the price go up when Amazon are prosecuted for failing to pay the minimum wage to their delivery guys & girls?

That program really annoyed me. I'll have a little more patience next time the Amazon Logistics delivery guy lets me down.

airfix

I don't have Prime, would love to watch this series, they are test … I don't have Prime, would love to watch this series, they are test driving the new Alfa Giulia, big brother to my Guilietta Veloce <3How much is it to watch?here is the Giullia

Ugly

Banned

deeky

That program really annoyed me. I'll have a little more patience next … That program really annoyed me. I'll have a little more patience next time the Amazon Logistics delivery guy lets me down.

Deeky

I just want to know how much it bloody well costs & not one user has answered a simple question!

YouDontWantToKnow

DeekyI just want to know how much it bloody well costs & not one user has … DeekyI just want to know how much it bloody well costs & not one user has answered a simple question!

Prime is £79 a year or pay monthly, £7.99.

Is that what you meant?

deeky

Ugly

I know you are only joking. (_;)

airfix

I know you are only joking. (_;)

Meh, it's ayt I suppose

Rear end has a look of my old MG ZT260 X)

Banned

deeky

Prime is £79 a year or pay monthly, £7.99. Is that what you meant?

What? £80 to just watch Topgear?

No bypassess nothing?

YouDontWantToKnow

What? £80 to just watch Topgear?No bypassess nothing?

The original idea of Prime was for unlimited one-day Amazon delivery. That's what you're paying for. If you don't need that there may be options to just pay for Prime entertainment. You'd have to look yourself cos I need to go to the toilet then to work

airfix

Any way of getting Prime cheaper than the £79 a year?

I doubt it. You'd better make the most of it at £79 a year as well. If we leave the EU, most of Amazon's tax fiddles are likely to be stopped and they'll have to put their prices up quite substantially.

Banned

deeky

The original idea of Prime was for unlimited one-day Amazon delivery. … The original idea of Prime was for unlimited one-day Amazon delivery. That's what you're paying for. If you don't need that there may be options to just pay for Prime entertainment. You'd have to look yourself cos I need to go to the toilet then to work

Well I cant be arsed to pay £80 to watch topgear. I really just do not get the benefits?

YouDontWantToKnow

Well I cant be arsed to pay £80 to watch topgear. I really just do not … Well I cant be arsed to pay £80 to watch topgear. I really just do not get the benefits?

Don't pay it then. You won't be missing anything.

Banned

fanpages

Don't pay it then. You won't be missing anything.

that is what I am figuring. I just want to watch the "new" topgear but not for £80.. Back to jeremy kyle

YouDontWantToKnow

DeekyI just want to know how much it bloody well costs & not one user has … DeekyI just want to know how much it bloody well costs & not one user has answered a simple question!

£5.99 per month for Amazon video so if you wait until they are 4 weeks away from the last episode you can watch the whole series over a month for £5.99.
    They have some good exclusives and their own content so worth a punt for a month regardless of Top Gear II - Return of the Pudgy Puncher.

Agharta

They have some good exclusives...

"Mr Robot" (although not exclusive now)
    "Lucifer"
    "Matador"
    "The Tick" (pilot only at present; hoping for a full season)
    "Jean-Claude Van Johnson" (pilot only at present; ditto)

+ many more

[ amazon.co.uk/Ama…031 ]

Banned

Agharta

£5.99 per month for Amazon video so if you wait until they are 4 weeks … £5.99 per month for Amazon video so if you wait until they are 4 weeks away from the last episode you can watch the whole series over a month for £5.99.They have some good exclusives and their own content so worth a punt for a month regardless of Top Gear II - Return of the Pudgy Puncher.

Thank you x

RonChew

I doubt it. You'd better make the most of it at £79 a year as well. If we … I doubt it. You'd better make the most of it at £79 a year as well. If we leave the EU, most of Amazon's tax fiddles are likely to be stopped and they'll have to put their prices up quite substantially.

I'll just put it through the books then as an expense, lol

fanpages

"Mr Robot" (although not exclusive now)"Lucifer""Matador""The Tick" … "Mr Robot" (although not exclusive now)"Lucifer""Matador""The Tick" (pilot only at present; hoping for a full season)"Jean-Claude Van Johnson" (pilot only at present; ditto)+ many more[ https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Video/b/ref=nav_shopall_aiv?ie=UTF8&node=3010085031 ]

Goliath was really good!
    I definitely loved Jean Claud van Johnson, Didn't like the tick I turned it off half way through, and I didn't bother to watch that other pilot with the man on a horse and the rude name!
    Edited by: "Moonwolf1976" 12th Nov 2016

airfix

I don't have Prime, would love to watch this series, they are test … I don't have Prime, would love to watch this series, they are test driving the new Alfa Giulia, big brother to my Guilietta Veloce <3How much is it to watch?here is the Giullia

Looks like a new bmw 3 series with a major facelift. Rear lights are quite nice.

Looking forward to this especially after the diabolical attempt at the new top gear, should be a major hit.
    As for Amazon prime, nah, I will be taking advantage of other free means of watching the show in HD

DarkReborn11

Looks like a new bmw 3 series with a major facelift. Rear lights are … Looks like a new bmw 3 series with a major facelift. Rear lights are quite nice.Looking forward to this especially after the diabolical attempt at the new top gear, should be a major hit.As for Amazon prime, nah, I will be taking advantage of other free means of watching the show in HD

I think the Alfa beats the bm and merc in this level, it has a 2.9 bi turbo engine and sounds great.

Any elaboration on the way you will be viewing top gear would be welcome

The three guys going to show the fake "Top Gear" how to make an entertaining car show! Less than a week now and can't wait!

airfix

I think the Alfa beats the bm and merc in this level, it has a 2.9 bi … I think the Alfa beats the bm and merc in this level, it has a 2.9 bi turbo engine and sounds great. Any elaboration on the way you will be viewing top gear would be welcome

No idea in regards to the engine, just commenting on looks.
    As for the other means, torrents

Really looking forward to it. I for one am glad it's gone to prime. Will be good to see it on 4k, not really got to see much 4k content yet.

These people saying '£80 just to watch to hear are really annoying me though'

Get a firestick (£35) and stick Kodi on it. It'll be watchable all over the place

peteivy

Get a firestick (£35) and stick Kodi on it. It'll be watchable all over … Get a firestick (£35) and stick Kodi on it. It'll be watchable all over the place

I've seen them on eBay pre loaded, is it that easy ?

Subscribe to Prime? Do people not use proxy sites & a good VPN to acquire digital content these days.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764378
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846236
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1422
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?32181

See more discussions