lesson learned

Found 5th Mar
so i thought i save money and buy cooker from a FB seller who sold a few and even offered 3 months warranty on it.

lol I thought that must be ok,

well the cooker came cleanish, i am sure there used metal scoures on glass lol but oh well it clean i thought, then i noticed the grill pan handle and the fact the grill couldn't fit, it must be any old grill there's put with it or the wrong gas rack,oh well i thought, my grill rack self fitted and i really use the grill.

then i noticed the inner glass door had not been properly put back,as there was gap in it, ohh well just screw it back, obs not cleaned with care.

then it was all fitted and so, 1 gas hob wasn't working but marvelous gas bloke just poke it though, bit of dirt in nozzle ,did all his checks and only charged 40 quid, so after smelt gone , it must of not been used a bit so burning thought the crap inside 😁.

i thought we was finally sorted and wasn't too bad.

then i noticed oven door gets Very hot, and I thought it is metal but then i finay relished it was missing another part. the door seal.

so obvs very bad cleaning as there not put it back together properly and missing parts.

so my 80 quid cooker, plus now 35 for seal, still way cheaper than shops but not worth the hassle.

i now think that gas cookers and hight voltage electronic equipment should only be sold by licensed people.
Community Updates
Misc
22 Comments
If not buy a second hand oven unless it's nearly new or has atleast a year warranty. Buy new with 1+ year warranty from a authorised dealer e.g. Currys or a gas store.
The moral of the story is don't buy it, off of them kind of sites in the first place
I would never consider buying a second-hand gas appliance. As you found out, you can't be absolutely certain that it has not been tampered with or is missing parts, unless you are an expert in this area. It's not worth the risk of life.
Excellent lol, thanks for the recommendation, lol was about to a second-hand boiler off Facebook or gummtre, lol now think not maybe
davewave6 m ago

Excellent lol, thanks for the recommendation, lol was about to a …Excellent lol, thanks for the recommendation, lol was about to a second-hand boiler off Facebook or gummtre, lol now think not maybe

I gained the impression from your thread about that tragic gas explosion in Leicester that you were a Corgi registered expert. No?
You get what you pay for. Some things it is better splashing put the extra for
psychobitchfromhell17 m ago

You get what you pay for. Some things it is better splashing put the extra …You get what you pay for. Some things it is better splashing put the extra for

I'm sure there is a joke in your comment and the comment from @OldEnglish I'll leave it though.
i said to myself years ago before i moved in that i always get cooker brand new but ya no, sometimes we are too tight and i had a hard time finding a dual 50cm elec and gas cooker for a good price, i just hope the seal fits, only good second hand equipment i brought is speakers and amp , next time is gas store or retail proper shop, better than old gas cooker i had from my grandma, it was at least 20 years old, still worked mind you for the age
You should consider avoiding used keyboards as well as used cookers.
psychobitchfromhell55 m ago

You get what you pay for. Some things it is better splashing put the extra …You get what you pay for. Some things it is better splashing put the extra for

Splashing out is one of the reasons not to buy second-hand underwear.
jonmarz895th Mar

i said to myself years ago before i moved in that i always get cooker …i said to myself years ago before i moved in that i always get cooker brand new but ya no, sometimes we are too tight and i had a hard time finding a dual 50cm elec and gas cooker for a good price, i just hope the seal fits, only good second hand equipment i brought is speakers and amp , next time is gas store or retail proper shop, better than old gas cooker i had from my grandma, it was at least 20 years old, still worked mind you for the age

I see the scrap men dropping off old cookers & fridges at a second hand shop near where i live. Presume they try & repair them, clean them up & sell them on with the usual 3 month, not worth the paper it's written on warranty. I've bought second hand cookers & fridge freezers in the past & been lucky & fitted them myself. I'm in a position now i can afford to buy all new stuff, haven't always been mind. You win some you loose some. Hope the seal does the job.
fanpages16 m ago

I knew someone would come and find a joke in it after my last comment.
OldEnglish14 m ago

..... Hope the seal does the job.

Are you getting your gas experts mixed up? Personally I would only let a Corgi near my appliances but @davewave can confirm.
Saturn9 m ago

Are you getting your gas experts mixed up? Personally I would only … Are you getting your gas experts mixed up? Personally I would only let a Corgi near my appliances but @davewave can confirm.

My border collie is always near my appliances.
fanpages58 m ago

You are sick. Funny but sick
Saturn42 m ago

Are you getting your gas experts mixed up? Personally I would only … Are you getting your gas experts mixed up? Personally I would only let a Corgi near my appliances but @davewave can confirm.

Corgi registered seal. Like to see that at crufts
Saturn1 h, 1 m ago

Gas Safe
"so my 80 quid cooker, plus now 35 for seal, still way cheaper than shops but not worth the hassle.

i now think that gas cookers and hight voltage electronic equipment should only be sold by licensed people"

I've took your advice and just bought a stove off Fred, landlord of my local
bigbaz26 m ago

"so my 80 quid cooker, plus now 35 for seal, still way cheaper than shops …"so my 80 quid cooker, plus now 35 for seal, still way cheaper than shops but not worth the hassle.i now think that gas cookers and hight voltage electronic equipment should only be sold by licensed people"I've took your advice and just bought a stove off Fred, landlord of my local

i got a old man Fred can pick up and buy 😁
But you can buy a new gas cooker for £180 its not that much for piece of mind, if your that hard up you could have got a double hot plat for about £20 and one of those halogen oven things for £40.
OldEnglish9 h, 19 m ago

Guess it depends who's underwear it is? I'm not totally against the idea, …Guess it depends who's underwear it is? I'm not totally against the idea, if i'm being honest.

Jennifer Lawrence's used underwear?

33383821-LJSiH.jpg
The only time I've had 2nd hand electrical/white goods is from family and they've given me them , my aunt likes to replace stuff for no reason other than she wants a new one I don't think I'd trust anyone on Facebook but lesson learned
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants