Let's have a chat about E3...

Found 18th MayEdited by:"BuzzDuraband"
or not, it's your call

Shall we start off with the schedule? Yeah, let's...

2941819.jpg
  • EA Play – June 9th at 7pm
  • Microsoft – June 10th 9pm
  • Bethesda – June 10th at 2.30am
  • Square Enix – June 11th at 6pm
  • Ubisoft – June 11th at 9pm
  • Sony (PlayStation) – June 11th at 2am
  • Nintendo – June 12th at 5pm

So what are the possibilities for E3?

EA

• Anthem
  • FIFA 19
  • Madden 19
  • NHL 19 (there's a pattern emerging here...)
  • NBA Live 19

Microsoft

• Halo 6
  • Gears of War 5
  • Fable 4 (please be the case)

Bethesda

• The Elder Scrolls Online - Summerset
  • Quake Champions
  • Doom 2?
  • More ports to the Nintendo Switch

Square Enix

• Final Fantasy 7
  • Kingdom Hearts 3
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Ubisoft

• The Division 2
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2
  • A new Splinter Cell title?

Sony (PlayStation)

• Spider-man
  • The Last of Us 2
  • A new PS Pro revision?
  • PlayStation 5??

Nintendo

• A New Super Smash Brothers
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Pokemon title for Switch
  • Star Fox Racing

Personally speaking I'd like to see a 'major' announcement on the Hololens, but given that the current rental price for these things is $500 a month, I can't see that happening any time soon in my lifetime.

Genuinely pumped for Spider-man on the PS4, and hopefully Bethesda are going to drop something unexpected on us like they did with Fallout 4.

Oh, and if Fable 4 isn't announced. I seriously suggest we all coach up and take a trip to Microsoft Studios and riot...

I'd really like to know what you're hoping to hear, or are excited about for E3.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
You’ve forget the most exciting Forza Horizon 4. Can not wait!!!!
39 Comments
Will be watching ea and of coarse Microsoft event.
Battlefield V!
Xboxgamer3213 m ago

Failed at the first hurdle mate Rumoured to be a Japanese setting which will hopefully give it a Midnight Club feel.
genk3 m ago

Battlefield V!

It's not Bad Company 3. It's removed from conversation
I'm hoping for a price drop on the Xbox one x, highly doubt it. Looking forward to E3 and especially the indie games, the AAA titles have been a let down for me, I'm looking at you Sea of Thieves
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 18th May
BuzzDuraband43 m ago

It's not Bad Company 3. It's removed from conversation

I'd love Bad Company 3 but think EA will pull the trigger when it seems interest in the Battlefield series begins to die down. This could be next year or 5 years from now!
Poor Microsoft. Same stuff every year
  • A new PS Pro revision? if that happen's i'll slap somebody, rather them wait and bring out a ps5 with decent specs.

I wish xbox had some better exclusives announced. Do love a bit of gears though . If it was me i'd make their next xbox console literally a pc with windows 10, so that you can have it as a proper pc if you wanted it, something like this

33821277-RkCnV.jpg
I mostly play on PC every chance i get, wish valve would buy some more developers and start making pc games again, and not just random card games based on DOTA.
You know what i'd love, a new orange box style announcement. If i was valve i'd bring out Half life 3, portal 3, left 4 dead 3, team fortress 3, Counterstrike 3. Stick it in one box like this

33821277-PMbWX.jpgand for the price of one game like they did with the original orange box.
allaboutthetwizzler18th May

A new PS Pro revision? if that happen's i'll slap somebody, rather them …A new PS Pro revision? if that happen's i'll slap somebody, rather them wait and bring out a ps5 with decent specs.I wish xbox had some better exclusives announced. Do love a bit of gears though . If it was me i'd make their next xbox console literally a pc with windows 10, so that you can have it as a proper pc if you wanted it, something like this[Image] I mostly play on PC every chance i get, wish valve would buy some more developers and start making pc games again, and not just random card games based on DOTA. You know what i'd love, a new orange box style announcement. If i was valve i'd bring out Half life 3, portal 3, left 4 dead 3, team fortress 3, Counterstrike 3. Stick it in one box like this [Image] and for the price of one game like they did with the original orange box.

I think the pressure has gone too far now for Valve. You'll notice a certain pattern with their games...Left for Dead 2, Team Fortress 2, Portal 2, Half-Life 2...or as the meme goes...

33821310-rz8vG.jpg
I don't think it's ever going to happen. There's too much pressure for it to fail easily. Somethings are just best left.
Looking forward to-

Anthem
Red dead redemption II
Splinter cell
Fable 4
Beyond good and evil 2
Death stranding
Spider-man
Shenmue 3 and the 1/2 remaster
Battlefield V
Forza horizon 4
Halo 6 or the rumored battle royale
Ori & the will of the wisps
Cyberpunk 2077
Final fantasy 7 remake
Smash brothers switch

Sony already said no hardware this year so no new pro rehash or ps5 thank God.
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 18th May
Just looking at crew 2 and that looks promising.
Would love a proper licensed WRC from a better team & a proper formular E game.
Can't help thinking one day Microsoft and oculus might bang heads together and release some sort of VR.
But I think tomb raider,(fingers crossed) forza horizon 4 and F1 2018 are my look forward to games.
Edited by: "geebeegooner" 18th May
geebeegooner18th May

Just looking at crew 2 and that looks promising.Would love a proper …Just looking at crew 2 and that looks promising.Would love a proper licensed WRC from a better team & a proper formular E game.Can't help thinking one day Microsoft and oculus might bang heads together and release some sort of VR.But I think tomb raider,(fingers crossed) forza horizon 4 and F1 2018 are my look forward to games.

FH4? What's the point in that for you? You'll finish it in 3 days
I'd love to see some old xbox exclusives come back such as the rallisport series topspin, otogi, amped,crimson skies
BuzzDuraband4 m ago

FH4? What's the point in that for you? You'll finish it in 3 days

Nah got many hours out of FH3.
Forza 7 isn't in depth enough for me.
More aimed towards online racing which I'm not a fan of.
I wanna see more of the MediEvil remake, it was one of those games i replayed the demo of loads as a kid and loved it, but never had the money to buy.
Diablo 3 Nintendo Switch announced before blizzcon!

Also a date for last of us 2 (and possibly collectors edition to be announced).
THE LAST OF US PART II
geebeegooner18th May

Just looking at crew 2 and that looks promising.Would love a proper …Just looking at crew 2 and that looks promising.Would love a proper licensed WRC from a better team & a proper formular E game.Can't help thinking one day Microsoft and oculus might bang heads together and release some sort of VR.But I think tomb raider,(fingers crossed) forza horizon 4 and F1 2018 are my look forward to games.

The Crew 2 does look very good, just hope they don't muck it up. The list of vehicles is very impressive.
Beta at the end of the month, signup is required.

Other games I'm interested in are: Shadows die twice, Last of Us 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Ghosts of Tsushima, Splinter cell. Don't want to see any more of Spiderman.
I don't think Sony will have many surprises but fingers crossed for Bloodborne 2, assuming it isn't Shadows die twice. Oh and Demon's Souls remake (Bluepoint perhaps) would be nice.

Had enough of Battlefield but BF:Bad company 3 would hook me back in.
Andy@XCite3 h, 59 m ago

Cyberpunk 2077,

Unfortunately, I believe that this is a long, long way off. Though we are expected to see it shown at E3.
33822691.jpgI hope we get a good solid dose of anthem as that game alone made me want the xbox one x. I love the Sci fi setting, ME:A was a let down and a poor man's ME... I enjoyed it but far too much annoyed me within the game to make it a must own.

33822691.jpg
The proper ME team are behind Anthem so I have high expectations, a cross between MHW/Destiny & ME would be perfect.

2957126651526715288.jpg
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 19th May
bo0td5 h, 26 m ago

Unfortunately, I believe that this is a long, long way off. Unfortunately, I believe that this is a long, long way off. Though we are expected to see it shown at E3.

Yeah although I did hear that they have enlarged their studio plus there is a rumour of an hour behind closed doors demo so hopefully that leaks out.
I really want to see whys happening with Metroid. I loved Super Metroid on the SNES, did see but never played any of the other iterations as I’ve been console-less for a long time now, so that’s top of my list.

Star fox racing...hmmm. I lost interest in Starwing after Lylat Wars on my Brothers N64. It seemed to move a long way away from Starwing which I thought was incredible, so something that visually looks a little more like it’s original but with Wipeout/FZero gameplay would be really cool.

....but on the subject of FZero, I’d love to see a renewed version of this. Won’t happen though!
Think Xbox is gonna push its game pass, it'll sign up big studios and get them to release their games through that, and they'll pass that off as exclusives lol.
STRICKIBHOY17 m ago

Think Xbox is gonna push its game pass, it'll sign up big studios and get …Think Xbox is gonna push its game pass, it'll sign up big studios and get them to release their games through that, and they'll pass that off as exclusives lol.

That's not gonna happen
not entirely sure this is legit especially since we already know the next Battlefield will be called Battlefield V not Battlefield 1945 but imgur.com/a/A…RU0

possible e3 spoilers don't click if you don't want to have the show spoiled
Edited by: "didsburydan" 19th May
didsburydan3 m ago

not entirely sure this is legit especially since we already know the next …not entirely sure this is legit especially since we already know the next Battlefield will be called Battlefield V not Battlefield 1945 but https://imgur.com/a/A7IZRU0possible e3 spoilers don't click if you don't want to have the show spoiled

World of Warcraft: PlayStation 4 Edition. Forget Battlefield, shut up and take ALL my money!!
World of warcraft ps4? Whattttttt!?!? Bring it to xbox !
Sony have said they won't be showing any new hardware this year and will concentrate more closely on a handful of games which are Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, TLOU Pt.2 and Spiderman. They will show other things they have said but will be going into more depth than usual about the 4 games I stated. Hopefully Microsoft pull something out of their sleeve because they just seem to be failing so hard compared to the PS4 and Switch, I was a die hard 360 gamer but this gen has only had a couple of highlights for me the main one being Ori. Nintendo have stated that they are only showing games releasing in 2018 but that could mean fiscal year so who knows but more info on Smash Bros, Pokemon and Metroid would suit me. Bethesda will show more Rage 2, show the rumoured Prey dlc and possibly tease 'Starfield'. New Vegas on switch would be a personal dream but pigs will fly first. I want a new Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia from Ubisoft and thats about it.
RustInPeace21127 m ago

Sony have said they won't be showing any new hardware this year and will …Sony have said they won't be showing any new hardware this year and will concentrate more closely on a handful of games which are Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, TLOU Pt.2 and Spiderman. They will show other things they have said but will be going into more depth than usual about the 4 games I stated. Hopefully Microsoft pull something out of their sleeve because they just seem to be failing so hard compared to the PS4 and Switch, I was a die hard 360 gamer but this gen has only had a couple of highlights for me the main one being Ori. Nintendo have stated that they are only showing games releasing in 2018 but that could mean fiscal year so who knows but more info on Smash Bros, Pokemon and Metroid would suit me. Bethesda will show more Rage 2, show the rumoured Prey dlc and possibly tease 'Starfield'. New Vegas on switch would be a personal dream but pigs will fly first. I want a new Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia from Ubisoft and thats about it.

MS is failing how? Game pass, BC, good (not ps4 quality good) console exclusives... Microsoft are doing fine, far too much focus is on exclusives now people can't point out 900p anymore.

I know it lacks exclusives but when most gamers put far more time into third party games how is it a problem? Third party games look and play best on the X, FC5 and witcher 3 are stunning, my gaming pc is godlike but I don't enjoy playing games on it unless it's FM/ wow or total war...the pc gaming community is trash also.
Snakeyes6461 h, 9 m ago

MS is failing how? Game pass, BC, good (not ps4 quality good) console …MS is failing how? Game pass, BC, good (not ps4 quality good) console exclusives... Microsoft are doing fine, far too much focus is on exclusives now people can't point out 900p anymore. I know it lacks exclusives but when most gamers put far more time into third party games how is it a problem? Third party games look and play best on the X, FC5 and witcher 3 are stunning, my gaming pc is godlike but I don't enjoy playing games on it unless it's FM/ wow or total war...the pc gaming community is trash also.

First and even third party exclusives are way better on PS4 that its my only argument and if I had an X I would buy all my multiplatforms there. I don't buy a lot of 3rd party games anyway but as far as I know all future X1 1st party games will be on pc too so unless you don't own a powerful(ish) pc there is no need to own an xbox. As I already own one and not a pc that is where I will play the exclusives. I can't wait for Ori and the Will of the Wisps but that is the only announced X1 game I'm looking forward to whereas there are at least 6 games from Sony studios that I'm hyped for. The reason why there is so much emphasis on exclusives is because that is what typically sells systems over the other, the X1X is impressive but I would rather play a really great exclusive over a better looking 3rd party game. I have said before Game Pass and BC are amazing services which hopefully Sony learn from in the future. Hopefully E3 will yield some decent exclusives from Microsoft but I like many others won't hild my breath.
RustInPeace21122 m ago

First and even third party exclusives are way better on PS4 that its my …First and even third party exclusives are way better on PS4 that its my only argument and if I had an X I would buy all my multiplatforms there. I don't buy a lot of 3rd party games anyway but as far as I know all future X1 1st party games will be on pc too so unless you don't own a powerful(ish) pc there is no need to own an xbox. As I already own one and not a pc that is where I will play the exclusives. I can't wait for Ori and the Will of the Wisps but that is the only announced X1 game I'm looking forward to whereas there are at least 6 games from Sony studios that I'm hyped for. The reason why there is so much emphasis on exclusives is because that is what typically sells systems over the other, the X1X is impressive but I would rather play a really great exclusive over a better looking 3rd party game. I have said before Game Pass and BC are amazing services which hopefully Sony learn from in the future. Hopefully E3 will yield some decent exclusives from Microsoft but I like many others won't hild my breath.

Console gaming is different to pc gaming, I dunno why ppl don't class the play anywhere titles as xbox exclusive because they are... the only game I'm looking forward to on switch is mario aces.
Snakeyes6461 h, 33 m ago

Console gaming is different to pc gaming, I dunno why ppl don't class the …Console gaming is different to pc gaming, I dunno why ppl don't class the play anywhere titles as xbox exclusive because they are... the only game I'm looking forward to on switch is mario aces.

I class them as xbox exclusive titles but if you are a pc gamer that doesn't own an X1 you can still play them. As for Switch games I'm excited for Mario Aces, Smash Bros, Pokemon and Metroid but thats it off the top of my head
I expect if it is getting a western release this will get plenty of coverage...

Resident Evil 7 announced for switch!!!

Hoooray I here you say... there are one or two catches...

1 - Its only in Japan so far...

2 - It works like playstation now and you can only play it streamed from their server

3 - You can only play it for 180 days. (£14)

I hope this isn't a new model of releasing games.
joanddan732 m ago

I expect if it is getting a western release this will get plenty of …I expect if it is getting a western release this will get plenty of coverage...Resident Evil 7 announced for switch!!!Hoooray I here you say... there are one or two catches...1 - Its only in Japan so far...2 - It works like playstation now and you can only play it streamed from their server3 - You can only play it for 180 days. (£14)I hope this isn't a new model of releasing games.

I had to google that because I wasn't sure you were telling the truth.
But sure enough, pretty crazy but I guess it is because the Switch isn't up to it unless compromising downgrades are done.

It will be interesting to see how games like this & other non traditiional Nintendo audience games (polite way of putting it) such as Dark Souls sell.
joanddan741 m ago

I expect if it is getting a western release this will get plenty of …I expect if it is getting a western release this will get plenty of coverage...Resident Evil 7 announced for switch!!!Hoooray I here you say... there are one or two catches...1 - Its only in Japan so far...2 - It works like playstation now and you can only play it streamed from their server3 - You can only play it for 180 days. (£14)I hope this isn't a new model of releasing games.

Bit of a long winded trailer mind
Andy@XCite16 m ago

I had to google that because I wasn't sure you were telling the truth. …I had to google that because I wasn't sure you were telling the truth. But sure enough, pretty crazy but I guess it is because the Switch isn't up to it unless compromising downgrades are done.It will be interesting to see how games like this & other non traditiional Nintendo audience games (polite way of putting it) such as Dark Souls sell.

I think the switch has a more diverse market than traditional Nintendo machines (although I think in UK that’s a bit of a myth anyway and more applicable to Japan)

I think it’s a numbers game - switch will sell stronger than it did last year and games will sell but we aren’t mugs - if we own the games on two other platforms it needs to be priced accordingly if you want to sell masses.

doom numbers obviously pleased the publisher as they are planning more.

just not sure I fancy streaming on switch - the local vita feature of streaming games from a PS4 was bad enough and didn’t work quite as it should - can only guess the issues this would have if it was mass marketed
BuzzDuraband14 m ago

[Video] Bit of a long winded trailer mind

Ha classic - that doesn’t sell either the game or this version very well at all haha.

Looking forward to the Bethesda show
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants