Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green

Found 15th Sep 2017
Seems like an explosion in Parson's Green, SW London

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

FloraNordin8 m ago

...and you obviously have a very easy way to deal with them? ...

firing squad?
hanging?

I'd be up for a public vote on what to do with someone if found guilty of a terrorist act against my country

best wishes to the 20(ish) people being kept in hospital overnight with the more serious injuries & those recovering back at home.
unlucky to be caught up in the incident but at the same time very lucky it failed to explode

brettytopbanana8 m ago

Far from a knee jerk reaction if that is what you mean? How many times are …Far from a knee jerk reaction if that is what you mean? How many times are we willing to let this happen? How many times can we say "Britain will stand strong together"? What happens when it is someone you know caught up in these attacks? I just do not get why people are so afraid of saying that we should deal with these people differently. I know, just as well as everyone else knows that these people will not get treated any differently because of their rights. It is just a ridiculous position we find ourselves and our country in.

So your way of dealing with terrorists is to become as bad as them. Great solution.

Cannot believe how society and the political class have so quickly accepted these events as now being considered a normal part of UK life. You can literally take the same PM response to camera each time, and just change the location of the latest outrage.

"I chaired a COBRA meeting this morning ..... cowardly act ..... pay tribute to the bravery of our Emergency Services .... no stone will be left unturned ..... coordinating our Security Service efforts ..... British public will not be ....."

Then rinse and repeat when the next atrocity occurs. Who, how, and when is someone going to propose and execute an effective solution. Taking pride in the cliched local responses in the immediate aftermath is just not enough. We have become a laughing stock with no plan for a more effective deterrent other than relying on our Security Services to continue getting 'lucky' as many times as possible.
215 Comments

Original Poster

standard.co.uk/new…tml

Passengers were left terrified after an "explosion" on board a packed rush hour Tube train which sent a "heatwave" down the carriage.

Commuters fled for their lives after hearing an explosion on the District line train at Parson’s Green Tube station at around 8.25am.

Witnesses described being “horrified and shaken”, with one passenger on Twitter saying: "Never been so scared in my life."

Trains are reportedly being held as emergency services deal with the incident.

Cllr Daniel Holden, who was on the train at the time, said: “Train had just opened doors at Parsons Green.

“Then there was a loud bang, heatwave and fire burst. Everybody scrambled forwards and off.

“The stairs at station delayed people getting out. All emergency services here now.”

Hoping its just an E-cig battery blowing up but looking at the above picture with what looks like wires coming out of a bucket I fear the worst.....

Spineless and gutless if it is a genuine attack. We need to start dealing with these people in the appropriate ways not pussy footing around them in the way that the UK Government and authorities like to. Sometimes, human rights and political correctness need to get thrown out of the window because the moment you carry out something like this you should forfeit every right you have ever had.

Shoudn't be hard to catch the perps. That's a very distinctive bag, and easy to spot on CCTV

31990527-Zx2Sf.jpg
Edited by: "artnada" 15th Sep 2017

Banned

brettytopbanana11 m ago

Spineless and gutless if it is a genuine attack. We need to start dealing …Spineless and gutless if it is a genuine attack. We need to start dealing with these people in the appropriate ways not pussy footing around them in the way that the UK Government and authorities like to. Sometimes, human rights and political correctness need to get thrown out of the window because the moment you carry out something like this you should forfeit every right you have ever had.

FloraNordin8 m ago

firing squad?
hanging?

I'd be up for a public vote on what to do with someone if found guilty of a terrorist act against my country

FloraNordin15 m ago

Well there are so many ways. If they are willing to attempt to blow up other people and cause harm then I don't think a public stoning and even torture would be wrong. Instead, we all take the softly softly approach and accept that this is now the norm. These people need to be strung up and used as an example.

Torture them to the brink of death and continue to do so. They are not hard or unbreakable but they will soon wish that they had not taken it upon themselves to carry out such a pathetic and cowardly attack.

Banned

brettytopbanana2 m ago

Well there are so many ways. If they are willing to attempt to blow up …Well there are so many ways. If they are willing to attempt to blow up other people and cause harm then I don't think a public stoning and even torture would be wrong. Instead, we all take the softly softly approach and accept that this is now the norm. These people need to be strung up and used as an example. Torture them to the brink of death and continue to do so. They are not hard or unbreakable but they will soon wish that they had not taken it upon themselves to carry out such a pathetic and cowardly attack.

Except we're not in the dark ages anymore, matey. And there are 1000s of them, how do you find them exactly??

Dark ages or not matey, I would hardly call times like these the "light ages" either when you have people trying to blow other people up

How would you propose we deal with them? Sling them in jail with all their luxuries???? Give me a break. When we get an opportunity like this to find the person who did it, we have to make them an example of them because it is the perfect opportunity.

I cannot argue with the fact that there are thousands of them which is why we need to make use of the ones we can capture. You have to fight fire with fire.

Banned

brettytopbanana56 s ago

Dark ages or not matey, I would hardly call times like these the "light …Dark ages or not matey, I would hardly call times like these the "light ages" either when you have people trying to blow other people upHow would you propose we deal with them? Sling them in jail with all their luxuries???? Give me a break. When we get an opportunity like this to find the person who did it, we have to make them an example of them because it is the perfect opportunity.I cannot argue with the fact that there are thousands of them which is why we need to make use of the ones we can capture. You have to fight fire with fire.

If only everything was so simple eh.

Exactly. Our country, human rights etc etc have made it difficult to deal with anything in a simple way. Instead, we worry about their feelings and how they should be treated right by the system. This is where part of the problem lies. Not just with terrorism but with the way in which this country is going in general.

You may mention the dark ages but it is that kind of thinking that has turned this country into the sorry mess that it is in.

Still, how would you propose to deal with them?

FloraNordin8 m ago

If only everything was so simple eh.

sooner or later a photo of a wanted terrorist will appear on the news again, the public will be asked to report any sightings and to stay away

unless these people are punished in a satisfactory way, members of the public will stop reporting sightings and instead will take it into their own hands

Hmmm! I'll wait to hear the full report before jumping to assumptions... So many builders / decorators travel around London on the underground every morning with those big buckets full of all manner of corrosive stuff (paint thinners, nitromors, etc). I'd like to think in this case it was just human error rather than a malicious attack...

I too, hope it was something like a builder but if that was the case then you would think that we would have known that by now. What I mean is, if it was something as innocent as that then the person carrying it would have come forward surely??

brettytopbanana46 m ago

Spineless and gutless if it is a genuine attack. We need to start dealing …Spineless and gutless if it is a genuine attack. We need to start dealing with these people in the appropriate ways not pussy footing around them in the way that the UK Government and authorities like to. Sometimes, human rights and political correctness need to get thrown out of the window because the moment you carry out something like this you should forfeit every right you have ever had.

Is your knee ok?

Formally declared as a terrorist incident..

CoeK14 m ago

Is your knee ok?

Far from a knee jerk reaction if that is what you mean? How many times are we willing to let this happen? How many times can we say "Britain will stand strong together"? What happens when it is someone you know caught up in these attacks?

I just do not get why people are so afraid of saying that we should deal with these people differently. I know, just as well as everyone else knows that these people will not get treated any differently because of their rights. It is just a ridiculous position we find ourselves and our country in.

brettytopbanana8 m ago

Far from a knee jerk reaction if that is what you mean? How many times are …Far from a knee jerk reaction if that is what you mean? How many times are we willing to let this happen? How many times can we say "Britain will stand strong together"? What happens when it is someone you know caught up in these attacks? I just do not get why people are so afraid of saying that we should deal with these people differently. I know, just as well as everyone else knows that these people will not get treated any differently because of their rights. It is just a ridiculous position we find ourselves and our country in.

So your way of dealing with terrorists is to become as bad as them. Great solution.

brettytopbanana11 m ago

The reason they aren’t treated that way is because you then risk further attacks in greater numbers which result in the loss of more lives. Do you honestly think ISIS and others will go “Oh those British. They will torture us if we cause terror in their country. We best not mess with them anymore”?

Do you believe that we should risk more lives in this country for a bit of revenge as you are proposing?

CoeK4 m ago

So your way of dealing with terrorists is to become as bad as them. Great …So your way of dealing with terrorists is to become as bad as them. Great solution.

I am probably as far from religious as you could get, but there may be something in an eye for an eye.

CoeK5 m ago

So your way of dealing with terrorists is to become as bad as them. Great …So your way of dealing with terrorists is to become as bad as them. Great solution.

No. Treat them like that because that is how they deserve to be treated. How will they be treated if they go through our current system? Fairly? Right?

Come on, nobody in their right mind should be ok with that.

harlzter3 m ago

I am probably as far from religious as you could get, but there may be …I am probably as far from religious as you could get, but there may be something in an eye for an eye.

There is something in it, stupidity.

brettytopbanana3 m ago

No. Treat them like that because that is how they deserve to be treated. …No. Treat them like that because that is how they deserve to be treated. How will they be treated if they go through our current system? Fairly? Right? Come on, nobody in their right mind should be ok with that.

Yes, all the right minded people clearly think we should torcher people to death, how silly of me.

What we really need is for greater integration between the multitude of Religions and Nationalities in the UK.
With a strong lean towards people taking less offence on others expressing their views.
That way we can all be who we want to be and not worry about Christmas cards, prayer hours at work, etc.

For anyone who takes their views to an extreme nature, instilling hatred the border will be opened with a one way exit for anyone who isn't a natural born citizen. 1 court case and 1 appeal chance, no excesses on legal fees etc.

If people all see each others as equals, them it should be easier to spot the lunatics and grass them in.

Biddy27 m ago

The reason they aren’t treated that way is because you then risk further a …The reason they aren’t treated that way is because you then risk further attacks in greater numbers which result in the loss of more lives. Do you honestly think ISIS and others will go “Oh those British. They will torture us if we cause terror in their country. We best not mess with them anymore”?Do you believe that we should risk more lives in this country for a bit of revenge as you are proposing?

It is not about revenge. It is about treating them in a way that fits the crime. They are probably more than happy to spend time in prison which is why it is not much of a deterrent. Many of them will probably have a better existence in prison than they had in the first place anyway.

While torturing them will not stop further attacks they certainly won't enjoy it when they get caught. I cannot understand how the people of this country are just happy for them to be dealt with in the way that they are currently dealt with. These people are absolute scum.

CoeK2 m ago

Yes, all the right minded people clearly think we should torcher people to …Yes, all the right minded people clearly think we should torcher people to death, how silly of me.

Go on then, tell me, how do you think they should be dealt with?

brettytopbanana1 m ago

Go on then, tell me, how do you think they should be dealt with?

The same way we deal with any other murderers etc.

davewave2 h, 1 m ago

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/parsons-green-explosion-on-board-tube-train-sparks-horror-at-rush-hour-a3635456.htmlPassengers were left terrified after an "explosion" on board a packed rush hour Tube train which sent a "heatwave" down the carriage.Commuters fled for their lives after hearing an explosion on the District line train at Parson’s Green Tube station at around 8.25am.Witnesses described being “horrified and shaken”, with one passenger on Twitter saying: "Never been so scared in my life."Trains are reportedly being held as emergency services deal with the incident.Cllr Daniel Holden, who was on the train at the time, said: “Train had just opened doors at Parsons Green. “Then there was a loud bang, heatwave and fire burst. Everybody scrambled forwards and off. “The stairs at station delayed people getting out. All emergency services here now.”

Are you part of their propaganda machine using a double-bluff technique?

CoeK2 m ago

The same way we deal with any other murderers etc.

That doesn't stop other people from murdering either, so that is not much of a deterrent.

Would you feel the same if an attack affected you in some kind of way? I know I wouldn't and that is the issue here. These are random attacks that any one of us could be caught up in. My views now would be exactly the same if I was caught up in them because it is attacking innocent people who cannot defend themselves.

brettytopbanana5 m ago

That doesn't stop other people from murdering either, so that is not much …That doesn't stop other people from murdering either, so that is not much of a deterrent. Would you feel the same if an attack affected you in some kind of way? I know I wouldn't and that is the issue here. These are random attacks that any one of us could be caught up in. My views now would be exactly the same if I was caught up in them because it is attacking innocent people who cannot defend themselves.

There are reasons we don't allow the victims and family of victims to decide the sentence someone gets.

What you want to do would not only not be a deterrent it would be the best recruitment tool they would have ever had.

brettytopbanana9 m ago

That doesn't stop other people from murdering either, so that is not much …That doesn't stop other people from murdering either, so that is not much of a deterrent.

There is no effective deterrent against murder, just as there is no effective deterrent against any crime including terrorism. People will carry on committing crimes, the only difference is that in the scenario you propose people will suffer more for committing their crimes.

It won't prevent or deter anything.

CoeK4 m ago

There are reasons we don't allow the victims and family of victims to …There are reasons we don't allow the victims and family of victims to decide the sentence someone gets.What you want to do would not only not be a deterrent it would be the best recruitment tool they would have ever had.

Why would it become a recruitment tool? They clearly don't need help with recruiting because they have people all over the world who are a part of it. You will either have people who are against it or people who are for it so the treatment will not change that thinking.

It is not about being a deterrent because these are people who are willing to die. It is just a case of treating them in a way that fits the crime.

brettytopbanana15 m ago

It is not about revenge. It is about treating them in a way that fits the …It is not about revenge. It is about treating them in a way that fits the crime. They are probably more than happy to spend time in prison which is why it is not much of a deterrent. Many of them will probably have a better existence in prison than they had in the first place anyway.While torturing them will not stop further attacks they certainly won't enjoy it when they get caught. I cannot understand how the people of this country are just happy for them to be dealt with in the way that they are currently dealt with. These people are absolute scum.

That is revenge then. Eye for an eye.

It will lead to an increase in attacks and as Coek rightly states, will become the best recruitment tool they could have. More innocent lives will be lost so we can torture the few we do manage to catch.

The police shot the last lot too. Somehow I don’t think the terroristscare about dying either, when many are ok with blowing themselves up in the process.

RossD891 m ago

There is no effective deterrent against murder, just as there is no …There is no effective deterrent against murder, just as there is no effective deterrent against any crime including terrorism. People will carry on committing crimes, the only difference is that in the scenario you propose people will suffer more for committing their crimes.It won't prevent or deter anything.

Thank you! Someone who gets what I am saying! If they are willing to cause suffering then let them suffer! It really is as simple as that.

brettytopbanana1 m ago

It is just a case of treating them in a way that fits the crime.

*In your arbitrary opinion.

brettytopbanana2 m ago

Why would it become a recruitment tool? They clearly don't need help with …Why would it become a recruitment tool? They clearly don't need help with recruiting because they have people all over the world who are a part of it. You will either have people who are against it or people who are for it so the treatment will not change that thinking.It is not about being a deterrent because these are people who are willing to die. It is just a case of treating them in a way that fits the crime.

When they are telling people how evil the west is they will now be correct. They do have people all over the world yes, I would imagine they will have many more people wanting to join up when we start to torture people.

brettytopbanana2 m ago

Thank you! Someone who gets what I am saying! If they are willing to cause …Thank you! Someone who gets what I am saying! If they are willing to cause suffering then let them suffer! It really is as simple as that.

We all get what you are saying. We just don't agree at all.

RossD892 m ago

*In your arbitrary opinion.

There is a reason for opinion and has certainly not been created on some kind of whim. They carry out horrendous crimes so they deserve a different punishment. It may seem like a step back but you know what? What is wrong with that in these circumstance? Why are people trying to protect them in some kind of way?

brettytopbanana3 m ago

Thank you! Someone who gets what I am saying! If they are willing to cause …Thank you! Someone who gets what I am saying! If they are willing to cause suffering then let them suffer! It really is as simple as that.

I don’t think Ross actually agreed with you.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants