Abit of harmless fun.
    Will put answers up later in the day

406 Comments

Original Poster

Original Poster

https://us-static.z-dn.net/files/d58/f6b55980140dd882e86eb7c7e8613cd5.jpg

No:3

4...when it reaches the inlet pipe it will th
    en start syphoning from other tanks. Or pedantic answer is 3&4 together.

Tank 3 ?

Surely it depends on how fast the tap is flowing.

Or other answer is none as 2 does not have a side.

Original Poster

2 does have a side. water speed normal. Theres no tricks

I prefer harmful fun so can we have some of that

tank 4

3 and 4

nath_hunt3

3 and 4

​This

thevman2k3

2 does have a side. water speed normal. Theres no tricks

"Water speed normal"... What about air pressure?

Check Bernoulli's principle before replying.

LoRdPlOps111

tank 4

nath_hunt3

3 and 4

Wouldn't 3 have to be completely full for 4 to start filling?

Banned

nath_hunt3

3 and 4

This +1

Banned

LoRdPlOps111

tank 4

nath_hunt3

3 and 4

Nope. It would trickle in at the bottom of the pipe

if under standard lab conditions they are already all full.. of air

LoRdPlOps111

tank 4

nath_hunt3

3 and 4

I'm deferring to my two associates, they are experts at this:

https://i2.wp.com/i13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/jamesensorod/jamesensorod025/die-hard-vengeance-laptop_zps8e4c9a2c.jpg
    Edited by: "LoRdPlOps111" 4th Jan

Got to be 3

brilly

if under standard lab conditions they are already all full.. of air

...and the tap would be connected to a water source.

The four drops falling & any residual water in the tap would not be sufficient to fill any of the numbered boxes.

I'm going with whatever fanpages declares.

deeky

think he agreed with me so well done
    Edited by: "brilly" 4th Jan

I'm saying 3 first for a split second then 4

1 and 2 will never be full

deeky

There really isn't enough information to solve it 'properly'.

The flow rate from the tap, & between all the 'tanks' is required, & whether any potential energy (air pressure or friction forces between the surfaces) is lost/gained.

The diameter of the tap nozzle & the exit/entry points between the tanks would also be useful.

That said, we'll just say #3 & #4 equally for the sake of an answer, but because #3 & #4 are not closed tanks (i.e. no lid/top to either) then the whole thing is flawed anyway.

#3 first if a single answer is required, as #4 would fill slightly later due to the water flowing between #3 & #4 at the time #3 becomes full.

Either way, the question does not test your Intelligence Quotient at all.

Next...

airfix

I'm saying 3 first for a split second then 4

So you're saying 3 then?

Has nobody even bothered to Google it?

Edited by: "deeky" 4th Jan

fanpages

There really isn't enough information to solve it 'properly'.The flow … There really isn't enough information to solve it 'properly'.The flow rate from the tap, & between all the 'tanks' is required, & whether any potential energy (air pressure or friction forces between the surfaces) is lost/gained.The diameter of the tap nozzle & the exit/entry points between the tanks would also be useful.That said, we'll just say #3 & #4 equally for the sake of an answer, but because #3 & #4 are not closed tanks (i.e. no lid/top to either) then the whole thing is flawed anyway.#3 first if a single answer is required, as #4 would fill slightly later due to the water flowing between #3 & #4 at the time #3 becomes full.Either way, the question does not test your Intelligence Quotient at all.Next...

But the diagram clearly shows the tap is just dripping, so flow rates don't matter

deeky

So you're saying 3 then? Has nobody even bothered to Google it?

Yes , 3 for a split second

airfix

Yes , 3 for a split second

So 3?

deeky

fanpages

There really isn't enough information to solve it 'properly'.The flow … There really isn't enough information to solve it 'properly'.The flow rate from the tap, & between all the 'tanks' is required, & whether any potential energy (air pressure or friction forces between the surfaces) is lost/gained.The diameter of the tap nozzle & the exit/entry points between the tanks would also be useful.That said, we'll just say #3 & #4 equally for the sake of an answer, but because #3 & #4 are not closed tanks (i.e. no lid/top to either) then the whole thing is flawed anyway.#3 first if a single answer is required, as #4 would fill slightly later due to the water flowing between #3 & #4 at the time #3 becomes full.Either way, the question does not test your Intelligence Quotient at all.Next...

airfix

But the diagram clearly shows the tap is just dripping, so flow rates … But the diagram clearly shows the tap is just dripping, so flow rates don't matter

The diagram shows the water in tank #1 is subject to other forces as it is not flat.

deeky

So 3?

Yes :|.

For a split second

deeky

fanpages

airfix

But the diagram clearly shows the tap is just dripping, so flow rates … But the diagram clearly shows the tap is just dripping, so flow rates don't matter

I've also noted the tap isn't connected

Edited by: "airfix" 4th Jan

Original Poster

Answer with explanation will be given in the next hour. give a few more guys to have a go.

airfix

I've also noted the tap isn't connected

Well done.

See comment #20.

thevman2k3

Answer with explanation will be given in the next hour. give a few more … Answer with explanation will be given in the next hour. give a few more guys to have a go.

Will it be in English?

Original Poster

Nope German

Original Poster

Thats the next quiz to figure out the german

thevman2k3

Thats the next quiz to figure out the german

http://i.imgur.com/MuZvxzk.png

Original Poster

Haha.

fanpages

Will it be in English?

OK ok you win, but have you taken into account the numbers placed in each tank and their differing shapes/masses ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?78
      2. Jury service1824
      3. Large card print/poster..34
      4. What laptop to choose?33

See more discussions