Groups

Lets start the great Zavvi boycot!

I often see posts on HUK deals for Zavvi which riles me to the core. It's nothing more than farcial that Zavvi are still trading in light of whats gone on. Despite owing millions to the hardworking poplus (me included) they have the audacity to carry on with the Zavvi brandname. I think all those who love and contribute to HUK deals should start a boycot with the objective and promise (on oath) that no deal should be posted irrespective of whether it's a good deal. That said there are far cheaper and more reputable retailers out there. So come you lot, let the boycot begin, robbing scum! I would welcome the moderators comments and feasibility of a blanket ban on this company. I believe this would be in the spirit of such an excellent forum so come you hot dealers, spread the word!

15 Comments

You do know its now a different company running the Zavvi website right???

lol someone needs to do a bit of research before having a rant

Its a different company running zavvi and there great imo, they have decent deals all the time now and they're shipped reasonably fast to the boot.

as above...bother to check the company first, there is a special reason theyre called Zavvi.CO.UK not zavvi...

Please explain "Despite owing millions to the hardworking poplus (me included)"?

most companies work off huge debt anyway, DSGi being a prime example

There run but The Hut now i believe matey!!!

Op=fail

http://www.wtov9.com/2007/0309/11212046.jpg

awoodhall2003;5194727

as above...bother to check the company first, there is a special reason … as above...bother to check the company first, there is a special reason theyre called Zavvi.CO.UK not zavvi...

Uh, it's still most definitely called Zavvi. I think you might be looking at the URL and getting confused. There's no obvious signifier to anyone not in the know that Zavvi is run by different people, so lay off the OP.

dxx;5195329

Uh, it's still most definitely called Zavvi. I think you might be looking … Uh, it's still most definitely called Zavvi. I think you might be looking at the URL and getting confused. There's no obvious signifier to anyone not in the know that Zavvi is run by different people, so lay off the OP.

hmmm really?
    click on the homepage link:
    ]Zavvi.co.uk
    and what does it say top right?
    https://thehut.pantherssl.com/banners/372x140-z-top-right.gif

hmmm...now tell me its not obvious...:whistling:

hut or not I won't be using them again, last order with the discount code they sent me never turned up, as constantly awaiting dispatch. complained and they cancelled the order and the discount so I never got to use it and they never responded to subsequent email.
    complete waste of time.

awoodhall2003;5197259

hmmm really?click on the homepage link:]Zavvi.co.ukand what does it say … hmmm really?click on the homepage link:]Zavvi.co.ukand what does it say top right?hmmm...now tell me its not obvious...:whistling:

TBF That sign is often misused like DFS SALE Ends Sunday.

Banned

i think what the op is trying to say is yes a new company(the hut) may of taken over the brand name and be trading as new management but its still the zavvi brand that is owing a lot of people cash and or stock since its original demise.....

another company comes in and buys the name and site and has nothing to do with the debt.....leaving a lot of people who are not aware of this very peeved off, thinking they are still trading the same

shouldnt be allowed but that is the way business works

I don't think that this is as clear-cut as people are suggesting. According to Companies House, Zavvi Limited was registered in July 2007, so they're not a new company and were set up before all of this kicked off.

Interestingly, the T&C on the website list them as trading as Zavvi Ltd at an address that doesn't match the entry that companies house have.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. connect tablet11
      2. Laptop 1060 gtx ?11
      3. Any tips on finding a cheap new kitchen plus bathroom with fitting?11
      4. Gear best shipping?44

See more discussions