Letterplate/Letterbox

Found 11th Mar 2010
Because of the Postman ramming parcles through my letterbox it's broken,the part you lift up,a corner has come away and it hangs down.

Anyway,its on a UPVC door,so i need a new one,but do i have to look for any specific type or is it just a case of measuring the old one to see which one will fit?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

Hiya, most will be a standard size, especially for a modern door like a UPVC one, still worth measuring up, and check to see if there is a plastic sleeve that goes inside the hole in the door between the external and internal flap, as you'll need a new letterbox with one of those on to stop mail dropping down inside the carcass of the door :thumbsup:

exactly the same has happened to mine, the postman kindly posted the front part through with my letters one morning :roll:

Original Poster

4lyons09;8074786

exactly the same has happened to mine, the postman kindly posted the … exactly the same has happened to mine, the postman kindly posted the front part through with my letters one morning :roll:

He's now broken both sides,when he broke one side i swapped it around and put it on the inside of the door now he's broken that side too it's totally knackered:w00t:

deb8z;8074798

He's now broken both sides,when he broke one side i swapped it around and … He's now broken both sides,when he broke one side i swapped it around and put it on the inside of the door now he's broken that side too it's totally knackered:w00t:

its your fault for buying to many hotdeals

Original Poster

MrGrumpyman;8074785

Hiya, most will be a standard size, especially for a modern door like a … Hiya, most will be a standard size, especially for a modern door like a UPVC one, still worth measuring up, and check to see if there is a plastic sleeve that goes inside the hole in the door between the external and internal flap, as you'll need a new letterbox with one of those on to stop mail dropping down inside the carcass of the door :thumbsup:

Oooo now it's getting complicated:w00t:lol

I've just taken it off to have a look,its just the letterplate with plastic casing attached which goes into the hole in the door for the letterbox/plate,if that makes sense !

Original Poster

I think the best idea is to actually take it with me to B&Q today.

Banned

deb8z;8074926

I think the best idea is to actually take it with me to B&Q today.

hi, you won't find these at b and q, better to go to upvc window firm and ask for one but there are many different sizes on the market, the best ones are solid alloy and can turn fully thro 180 degrees without breaking

I tried , B n Q, wicks, Homebase etc couldnt find one that will fit my door, had to get one from ebay in the end...

Banned

have a look at fab n fix website

Original Poster

saayinla;8074973

I tried , B n Q, wicks, Homebase etc couldnt find one that will fit my … I tried , B n Q, wicks, Homebase etc couldnt find one that will fit my door, had to get one from ebay in the end...

I looked on Ebay but thought i'd end up getting the wrong one:w00t:

I thought this was a loose women blog entry.

Original Poster

Adam2050;8075215

I thought this was a loose women blog entry.

Shut it you:p

Screwfix sell them deb8z - I replaced ours with white one (also available in silver or gold)
screwfix.com/pro…0mm
Keep the screws from your old one as you may have to re-use them...
Post a comment
@
    Text