Groups
    EXPIRED

Lexar Micro SD Card Damaged, Corrupt?

Corrupted Micro SD Card, been to a concert when got back to the hotel. Got two notifications saying that card was corrupted fix it by format it.

Anyone know if data cant be retrieve and back the quality it was taken? I love get the data back any programs that people know work?

I love hear back if anyone experienced this before and managed get the data back. I only had the card a few months a Lexar micro sd card 32gb, class 10. Using a Honor 6x mobile. If anyone got Honor phone what memory cards are you using? Like say only used it since March.

Normally I backed up soon got home next day but didn't get chance. Nightmare

15 Comments

I've had the same issue with an SD card, I took it into Currys PC World and they sent it to their data recovery lab.
    Think it was around £60 (had to send a memory stick with it to recover the data to) recovered pretty much everything apart from a couple pictures were missing/damaged. Guess it depends how valuable the content of the card is.

Can you read the pictures on the camera? If yes, it could be the card reader is faulty. Try a different card reader or a different computer or tablet. If no then try pcadvisor.co.uk/how…59/.

I've you checked 1st to see if it's a fake SD ?

There are plenty of programs that are capable of data recovery. Recuva is a freeware(?) one I believe, I used EaseUS data recovery which is a little costly for my business but it works well. Most stuff should be salvageable.

Where are you located OP if you're in my area I could be of help?

Have a look on you tube. You have to pay for most of the software in the vids though.

Lots of free ones that work well, no need to pay vast sums for anything. Check they don't have a max number of files or data recovery limit. Most annoying when you scan but can't recover all.

Original Poster

I can't even remember were bought memory card from at the moment. Not borthered about that at the moment. A lot of photos i like to get back. Nothing was picking micro sd card up. Phone, tablet or sd card adapter in the camera just saying it's damaged.

I managed find my usb memory slot reader and it has picked up plugging into my pc. so fingers crossed! with my phone it did pick up some photos yesterday but really small and low quality so weren't worth keeping.

never had this happen before.

do any of you use a server or a program to back up data weekly? something im looking into?

Thanks so much for the replies much appreciated!

Original Poster

say get the faster speed memory cards and still knacks up makes wonder really. might do back sandisk.

Original Poster

kester76

I've you checked 1st to see if it's a fake SD ?

what do you mean by fake. i bought lexar one thought be proper one?

cbstar

what do you mean by fake. i bought lexar one thought be proper one?

​Even amazon gets the odd fake SD card. I'd check the ID code to see if it's original or a fake card. I've had fake SDcards and sony memory sticks before that were programmed to have a larger memory size.

Original Poster

drnkbeer

There are plenty of programs that are capable of data recovery. Recuva is … There are plenty of programs that are capable of data recovery. Recuva is a freeware(?) one I believe, I used EaseUS data recovery which is a little costly for my business but it works well. Most stuff should be salvageable. Where are you located OP if you're in my area I could be of help?

Thanks for your help, I am in Teesside area. I have used Image Rescue 3 and got a lot of files back, some of them are scambled and none videos come out. Trying another program now see.

Original Poster

kester76

Even amazon gets the odd fake SD card. I'd check the ID code to see if … Even amazon gets the odd fake SD card. I'd check the ID code to see if it's original or a fake card. I've had fake SDcards and sony memory sticks before that were programmed to have a larger memory size.

I see. You can hardly read the numbers on it to be honest. Im going start keeping receipts from memory. sounds like it happens more often these days. I have that many usb sticks, memory cards hard tell where bought them!

I had the same problem but with a PNY 64gb from CPW (deal on this site).
    I guess I didn't press eject when removing it from the computer and that caused it to mess it up. If I wanted to use it at all I was forced to format it. I was using it for my 3ds. Sadly the 3ds encrypts all games and their save data.
    I used recuvva and there was over 1TB of data found! Sadly most of it wasn't useful.

TL;DR
    If you are comfortable to lose some data, you could format it and then use recuvva. If not you could try the Currys method someone mentioned above but that costs obvs.

Original Poster

Rid1

I had the same problem but with a PNY 64gb from CPW (deal on this site).I … I had the same problem but with a PNY 64gb from CPW (deal on this site).I guess I didn't press eject when removing it from the computer and that caused it to mess it up. If I wanted to use it at all I was forced to format it. I was using it for my 3ds. Sadly the 3ds encrypts all games and their save data. I used recuvva and there was over 1TB of data found! Sadly most of it wasn't useful.TL;DRIf you are comfortable to lose some data, you could format it and then use recuvva. If not you could try the Currys method someone mentioned above but that costs obvs.

Thanks for the suggestions ive used Image Rescue 3 and now Easeus Data Recovery trial to start with, I'm just going recover what I can. Some are scrambled and guessing videos not going work either. Then format it maybe get replaced of Lexar.

I never known it to happen before, I think happens more than I think, having read up.

Thanks all helped with they experience, I think in future doing regular back ups, Look into that now. Keep no more than 1,000 photos on phone or memory card had wobble, shame didn't wait got home put on pc from concert.

I have try get a server back them on to or something.

Original Poster

forgot add. Easeus Data Recovery found 6.78gb on a quick scan and on a deep scan 41.30gb
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions