Lexmark x1190 printer that has stopped printing black

My Mums printer has stopped printing out in black. Ive checked the cartridge and installed a new one, Cleaned the heads, done a test page etc etc and it still doesnt print in black. Anyone any ideas that i havent tried yet? apart from slinging it in a skip somewhere???
thanks in advance

4 Comments

How old is it? Could take it back to the store???

I've got the exact same printer, sometimes when a cartridge is half full.. it'll stop working until i get anew cartridge:S.

t0mm

I've got the exact same printer, sometimes when a cartridge is half … I've got the exact same printer, sometimes when a cartridge is half full.. it'll stop working until i get anew cartridge:S.

aquatic did say that the ink catridge had been replaced, but it sounds like there is a common problem with that printer and so I would recommend contacting the company

Original Poster

Ive had it a while tho Kelly-o, but i suppose its worth an email. Ill pick it up from mothers and give it a damn good talking to first tho. If i get anywhere Ill post results
Thanks guys
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2243
    2. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1516
    3. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1212
    4. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1929

See more discussions