leyland trade paint from screwfix - any experiences?

Looking to do a fair bit of painting, both ceilings and walls. Has anyone used the leyland brand of trade paint from Screwfix? Is it worth getting or should I be looking elsewhere?
Thanks

13 Comments

Yes its decent enough, usually need a couple of coats.

it decent pain, made in birstall

ktm666

Looking to do a fair bit of painting, both ceilings and walls. Has … Looking to do a fair bit of painting, both ceilings and walls. Has anyone used the leyland brand of trade paint from Screwfix? Is it worth getting or should I be looking elsewhere? Thanks

Leyland is decent paint, as is Dulux Trade, and Armstead (formerly Glidden)

If you have a Delux Decorator Centre near might be worthwhile popping in, they may have old Glidden stock cheap which is now replaced by Armstead.

Yes. It's very good stuff!!

Great for fresh plaster as well

I'm a decorator and have used every make of paint over the years but now use the Leyland range of oil based paint .ie undercoat ,gloss and have used the water based emulsion for a while now . No problems .

Leyland is much better than Dulux. If you're going for matt, look for their hardwearing matt range.

Original Poster

Brilliant, thanks all. I'm going to grab some tomorrow.

Thanks

Used a big tub of white paint for my ceilings. Great stuff!

Banned

its decent for the price, however it's around £3 cheaper at toolstation for the 10l bucket.
Edited by: "kelo7711" 15th Oct 2016

Original Poster

kelo7711

its decent for the price, however it's around £3 cheaper at toolstation … its decent for the price, however it's around £3 cheaper at toolstation for the 10l bucket.

Thanks for that, unfortunately it will cost me more than £3 to get to one!

ktm666

Thanks for that, unfortunately it will cost me more than £3 to get to one!

Free next day delivery

It's good stuff
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
    3. word association Game74044544
    4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468

See more discussions