LG 37LF7700 37in Full HD Freesat Digital LCD TV

Found 1st Oct 2009
Does anyone know much about LG's LCD tv's? I'm definitely after a 37inch, but not urgent so will wait on the best price (before christmas though maybe).

We were looking at the LG37LH4000 at £560. Think it appears to have better features than the 3000 or 2000 (cinema sound etc which may be important).

Now I've seen this deal on Argos for the 37LF7700 at £599, on offer, I think it's a good bit more elsewhere. It has freesat. We have virgin cable Large or XLarge (can't remember) but no movies.

Anyone know if this would work in conjunction with our cable box etc, and if there are any benefits etc. the 4000 has a blue strip along the bottom in case anyone is going to point that out - it is fine since our living room is blue anyway so not worried about that.

I seem to be set on the idea of the LG tv's - they seem to look good and get good reviews, and of course good prices!

Any information or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

5 Comments

Original Poster

Just ruled out the freesat model, I just realised you actually have to have a satellite dish (which we don't!).

Still interested in opinions on the other models though if anyone can help.

Banned

lesley74;6447627

Just ruled out the freesat model, I just realised you actually have to … Just ruled out the freesat model, I just realised you actually have to have a satellite dish (which we don't!).

I just LOL'd!

Probably best just to keep an eye on the deal section. There's bound to be some good deals on there.

I note you've gone for LCD here? Any reason? Plasma is (IMHO) better - and LED/LCD better still. Both are more expensive - particularly the latter.

Original Poster

I had heard that Plasma's are better particularly for sports etc, so not really a concern there. Also heard that they have a tube than can need replaced every so often and cost money in the long run.

Banned

lesley74;6449863

I had heard that Plasma's are better particularly for sports etc, so not … I had heard that Plasma's are better particularly for sports etc, so not really a concern there. Also heard that they have a tube than can need replaced every so often and cost money in the long run.

That's almost as funny as saying you want to receive Freesat without a satellite dish!

Original Poster

Thanks dcx, seems from reviews that people are generally happy with them. I just can't decide what model to buy.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The term 'Smart TV'33
    2. boiler / radiator - quote - is this a good deal?55
    3. Gibraltar/Falkland Islands/Channel Islands circulated coins - where can I b…11
    4. Spotify, Apple, or Google Play Music?77

See more discussions