LG 42LF580V - Different models - different Smart functions - Now TV?

Found 14th Dec 2015
Did anyone buy the LG 42LF580V in the recent black friday sales - Tesco / Richer Sounds / Currys?

Wondered if you can report back whether you can get NOW TV app on it, and which full model name you have?

I can't get NOW TV app to install / load ("Not Compatible with this model"), despite buying under an advert that said it would...
LG 42LF580V-ZA
Community Updates
AskLGNow TV
4 Comments
I have the 42LF580V which I purchased via AO.com, Now TV works perfectly with my model. Can pickup the entertainment channels via the applet and use all the other applets. Have you tried doing a google search to see if similar users have been having problems?
Have you also tried pushing any firmware and software updates down?
tbh you should be able to do it without any problems. I would contact the seller and Lg service. I just bought today 43uf680v and it works fine.
Just solved it while searching for the software updates as suggested by FTCom.

While I'd been using LG Smart World and the MyApps, none of which contained Now TV and wouldn't download Now TV, I'd never had the Home Screen showing. While re-installing the software update, it crashed and "re-initialised" which brought up the Home screen, which I'd never seen before (nor been able to access using the Home button on remote)
Voila - Now TV listed in Premium content, along with Blinkbox which I'd been able to access via LG Smart World and My Apps.
Strange that Now TV is only accessible via the Premium content and not through the Apps menu?

Anyway problem solved - with thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions