LG 43UF640V picture advice

Found 12th Dec 2015
Just received the TV. 4k (YouTube 4k videos) is good but freeview SD is shiiiii and HD is ok. Any owners please share your picture settings and how to do it. Thank you.

1. Ask
  2. LG
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. LG
4 Comments

When you say SD is poo. Does it just look poo because you have seen the TV in 4K and HD? Or is it really really poo?

Try posting on AVFORUMS dare say you get a better answer over there.

avforums.com/Pic…ct/

Original Poster

krisward7955

When you say SD is poo. Does it just look poo because you have seen the … When you say SD is poo. Does it just look poo because you have seen the TV in 4K and HD? Or is it really really poo?

I got the LG to replace a Sony 32' KDL32W653A which in SD it looks good in HD it looks better.
Edited by: "AJ92" 12th Dec 2015

I have the same on some SD programmes and to be honest in many respects my old LG was better. One thing that I have noticed on my LG is that the picture is better when using an external tuner, i.e. skybox or as I use, a Youview box. Some channels and programmes are far better than others. I wish I still had an old CRT tv to compare picture quality. I don't think LG tv's at the budget end of the scale upscale some programmes very well and on mine I cannot watch Relic Hunter when its on the Pick channel. It is unwatchable either on the tv tuner, my Youview tuner or satellite. That is a failure of the LG I have now, yet it was fine on my old tv. It is not upscaling the programme very well. It jumps around like there are frames missing. If it had done it within the firs 30 days I would have took it back. Some programmes also look a little fuzzy but just watching BBC1 now (Casualty) on channel 1 and its nearly as good as BBC1 HD. Yet tomorrow I will be watching something else on the same channel and it won't look so good. I guess it all depends on how the original programme was filmed, edited, transmitted etc etc.

If the images are good on HD and DVD or Bluray, like mine is, there is nothing wrong with the tv. It is just possibly struggling to upscale a low quality image. Some tv's are better than others at upscaling but like with everything electronic you do get what you pay for. One thing I do know on the LG that unless even when set to an expert setting you cannot alter the black levels on mine using the tv tuner. However connect an external tuner via hdmi and you can.

Here is a step by step link I used for set up of my tv. I did it to this and then altered colour and contrast to my liking.

youtube.com/wat…bUU
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants