Groups

LG 55UH770V Firmware File Corrupted

I've recently purchased an LG 55UH770V and am trying to download the latest firmware file from the LG Support site, dated 22nd March, I've tried downloading through 4 browsers and 3 different devices, but everytime the file is corrupt.

Has anyone else had this issue and managed to find a solution?

Please help, I want to use my PS4 Pro in HDR Game Mode :(.

Thanks,

Paul

15 Comments

827MB Software_File%28Version_04.31.10%29.zip directly downloaded no issue via Firefox v52. Maybe try a download manager?

Are you sure the download is corrupted and it's not the software you are using to unzip it?
    try 7-Zip

Is your antivirus blocking it?.

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

827MB Software_File%28Version_04.31.10%29.zip directly downloaded no … 827MB Software_File%28Version_04.31.10%29.zip directly downloaded no issue via Firefox v52. Maybe try a download manager?

Directly downloaded, try extracting the file, it's corrupt.

Uridium

Are you sure the download is corrupted and it's not the software you are … Are you sure the download is corrupted and it's not the software you are using to unzip it?try 7-Zip

I've tried WinRAR, 7-Zip & Windows native Zip support and all 3 report an error when unpacking the file.

shauneco

Is your antivirus blocking it?.

I don't believe so, I just have the Windows bog standard AV.

This is doing my head in, I've also tried my laptop and phone, as well as my desktop and all 3 say it's corrupt, clearly it isn't for everyone. Any ideas?

Pokkai

Directly downloaded, try extracting the file, it's corrupt.

Extracted OK for me on first attempt as starfish-dvb-secured-k2l-20.deua.k2l-2028-04.31.10-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED.epk @ 855,940KB with no errors reported by WinRAR 5.40 beta 3 64bit.
    Is there still a 127 character directory text string limit or similar? Maybe rename the 827MB zip to "file.zip" or similar, then attempt to unzip it.
    And/or, just for the craic, did you try a download manager? Sure, you shouldn't have to, but if it offers a possible workaround, why not?

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

Extracted OK for me on first attempt as … Extracted OK for me on first attempt as starfish-dvb-secured-k2l-20.deua.k2l-2028-04.31.10-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED.epk @ 855,940KB with no errors reported by WinRAR 5.40 beta 3 64bit.Is there still a 127 character directory text string limit or similar? Maybe rename the 827MB zip to "file.zip" or similar, then attempt to unzip it. And/or, just for the craic, did you try a download manager? Sure, you shouldn't have to, but if it offers a possible workaround, why not?

Renamed to file.zip, WinRAR says the file is corrupted or unexpected end of archive if opened fully.

Tried Xtreme Download Manager and the same issue persists. Unable to export the file.

Ridiculous.

What OS are you using Win 10?

Pokkai

Renamed to file.zip, WinRAR says the file is corrupted or unexpected end … Renamed to file.zip, WinRAR says the file is corrupted or unexpected end of archive if opened fully.Tried Xtreme Download Manager and the same issue persists. Unable to export the file.Ridiculous.What OS are you using Win 10?

Yes, W10 64bit. I'm guessing (literally) that the download is being corrupted / truncated, although persistent file corruption via various browsers and devices seems unusual - almost indicating some bizarre network-based issue. Have you tried downloading via a VPN?

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

Yes, W10 64bit. I'm guessing (literally) that the download is being … Yes, W10 64bit. I'm guessing (literally) that the download is being corrupted / truncated, although persistent file corruption via various browsers and devices seems unusual - almost indicating some bizarre network-based issue. Have you tried downloading via a VPN?

No, I don't have a VPN to try, wondering if there is another source for the file, but don't want to brick my tv.
    Edited by: "Pokkai" 9th Apr

Pokkai

No, I don't have a VPN to try wondering if thre is another source for the … No, I don't have a VPN to try wondering if thre is another source for the file, but don't want to brick my tv.

TBH, I spent a few seconds googling for the file but was unsuccessful. If you can be bothered with more faff, Opera browser has a built-in VPN (proxy) that can be activated from its settings at zero cost. Again, if you have the determination and can stand the frustration: browser download and VPN activation info at forums.opera.com/dis…/p1 (and I hope Opera may download OK!).

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

TBH, I spent a few seconds googling for the file but was unsuccessful. If … TBH, I spent a few seconds googling for the file but was unsuccessful. If you can be bothered with more faff, Opera browser has a built-in VPN (proxy) that can be activated from its settings at zero cost. Again, if you have the determination and can stand the frustration: browser download and VPN activation info at http://forums.opera.com/discussion/1875230/how-to-activate-the-built-in-vpn/p1 (and I hope Opera may download OK!).

Cheers, I'll take a look. Last resort before calling LG tomorrow.

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

TBH, I spent a few seconds googling for the file but was unsuccessful. If … TBH, I spent a few seconds googling for the file but was unsuccessful. If you can be bothered with more faff, Opera browser has a built-in VPN (proxy) that can be activated from its settings at zero cost. Again, if you have the determination and can stand the frustration: browser download and VPN activation info at http://forums.opera.com/discussion/1875230/how-to-activate-the-built-in-vpn/p1 (and I hope Opera may download OK!).

Legend, that's sorted it right out, no idea wtf is going on with the other browsers.

Thanks for the persistant help mate!

Pokkai

Legend, that's sorted it right out, no idea wtf is going on with the … Legend, that's sorted it right out, no idea wtf is going on with the other browsers.Thanks for the persistant help mate!

Glad it's sorted, but I think it is you that wins the prize for persistence. Humour me cos I'm intrigued: save the successfully unzipped file somewhere safe, then download the file again via Opera but without its VPN, then see if you can unzip that downloaded zip without corruption. Please post back with your success or not. Cheers.

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

Glad it's sorted, but I think it is you that wins the prize for … Glad it's sorted, but I think it is you that wins the prize for persistence. Humour me cos I'm intrigued: save the successfully unzipped file somewhere safe, then download the file again via Opera but without its VPN, then see if you can unzip that downloaded zip without corruption. Please post back with your success or not. Cheers.

Tried with the VPN turned off and again the file is corrupted using Opera, any idea why using a VPN would make a difference?

Pokkai

Tried with the VPN turned off and again the file is corrupted using … Tried with the VPN turned off and again the file is corrupted using Opera, any idea why using a VPN would make a difference?

Thanks for the info. Seems that the corruption is network-level or above. I suspect you may be using an ISP that has some sort of parental control / AV / threat protection system in place and that system incorrectly interprets the zip file as potentially having threatening content and / or its threat-check process damages the file prior to serving it to you. By using the VPN, the ISP / network has no idea what your downloaded data packets are carrying and so the download is not threat-checked and so not corrupted. No doubt somebody with greater tech knowledge could explain that better, or offer a more credible alternative explanation! Cheers.

I just wanted to say thank you, VPN worked for me too, different model 49UH650V & update 04.30.70 for HDR Game mode. LG customer services was no help & I was trying all day to sort it out & would of never thought to use a VPN I just thought LG's file had become corrupted on there server.
    So thank you so much!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Why is buying a laptop such a nightmare11
      2. £1 O2 Priority Lunch is ending???22
      3. Replacement for BT Hub 511
      4. Advice on Gas Boiler Cover, British Gas putting price up!11

See more discussions