Groups

LG 55UH770V or Hisense 55M7000? Best 4K tv around £750?

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a 4K TV around the £750 mark and have narrowed my choices down to the LG 55UH770 and the Hisense 55M7000 based on the feature sets, screen sizes and overall bang for buck. I've read mixed reviews about both which has just made be even more confused. The LG does have Dolby vision making it a little more future proof although not the best HDR on the market.

The LG can be had for £734 with 5 years warranty and the Hisense is going for £674 with 5 years warranty (was going for alot cheaper).

I wouldn't mind looking at any other 4K TVs with a budget of £750, ideally 55 inches plus. Most important features are picture quality, colour reproduction and motion control.

Also I don't think there's a point in waiting for 2017 models in this tier of TVs to come through as they would be selling close to their RRP at first.

thanks in advance guys!

9 Comments

If you are getting lg go for at least an 850 preferably a 9 series. I've got the 49 850v and it's pretty good.

i used to swear by LG.... that was until 2 completely different models, 1 a 40" and the 2nd a 55" , the 2nd being 4k so different and better screen, both developed while blobs behind the screen which when showing a white background flashed grey !
    and the each time phoning LG customer service was told they are unaware of this fault !!!!
    now very happy with my new Samsung 55" 4k for £599 .
    Edited by: "lollypoplee" 25th Jan

Original Poster

t3hfunk3r

If you are getting lg go for at least an 850 preferably a 9 series. I've … If you are getting lg go for at least an 850 preferably a 9 series. I've got the 49 850v and it's pretty good.

​whats the difference between the 850 and 770? I thought the main difference is just 3d?

Original Poster

lollypoplee

i used to swear by LG.... that was until 2 completely different models, 1 … i used to swear by LG.... that was until 2 completely different models, 1 a 40" and the 2nd a 55" , the 2nd being 4k so different and better screen, both developed while blobs behind the screen which when showing a white background flashed grey !and the each time phoning LG customer service was told they are unaware of this fault !!!!now very happy with my new Samsung 55" 4k for £599 .

​ouch! any chance you remember the 4K model number?

wot about the sony KD55XD7005BU 4k hdr? I'm sure I've seen it at this price

One on Amazon for 250

this will be back to £750 in a few days be patient its worth it...

link

t3hfunk3r

If you are getting lg go for at least an 850 preferably a 9 series. I've … If you are getting lg go for at least an 850 preferably a 9 series. I've got the 49 850v and it's pretty good.

craiger082

wot about the sony KD55XD7005BU 4k hdr? I'm sure I've seen it at this … wot about the sony KD55XD7005BU 4k hdr? I'm sure I've seen it at this price

I believe the 850 has a wider colour gamut, a slightly different backlight and a better screen coating resulting in less reflections and (slightly) better viewing angles.

Interesting. In exactly the same situation. What did you end up going for in the end ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7201356
      2. 24 studio order number 0844 800 11 22119
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2698
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1929

See more discussions