LG 65SM8500PLA nanocell or Samsung UE65RU8000

Posted 4th Dec
I`m finding hard to chose between LG 65SM8500PLA nanocell or Samsung UE65RU8000.

Advice please welcome.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Nip down to your local TV shop (Currys?) and have a look at them in the flesh. No amount of figures on paper or reviews can make up for an actual viewing. You may even decide that a cheaper option looks as good as mid range TV's like these are not a big step up from some of the more budget models .
We have just bought a LG 65UM7400 (£549 from JL) and the picture is really good and only noticed a marked difference in the shop by looking at the OLED models. Even then you'd probably forget the difference once you'd got it home and were a grand or two worse off.
A couple of good eBay sellers , Crampton and Moore and Hughes , are part of the current 20% off promo on eBay. Plus if you prefer an extended warranty go for John Lewis or Richer Sounds.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 4th Dec
yorkie1204/12/2019 09:10

Nip down to your local TV shop (Currys?) and have a look at them in the …Nip down to your local TV shop (Currys?) and have a look at them in the flesh. No amount of figures on paper or reviews can make up for an actual viewing. You may even decide that a cheaper option looks as good as mid range TV's like these are not a big step up from some of the more budget models .We have just bought a LG 65UM7400 (£549 from JL) and the picture is really good and only noticed a marked difference in the shop by looking at the OLED models. Even then you'd probably forget the difference once you'd got it home and were a grand or two worse off.A couple of good eBay sellers , Crampton and Moore and Hughes , are part of the current 20% off promo on eBay. Plus if you prefer an extended warranty go for John Lewis or Richer Sounds.

OLED's are really not at home on a shop floor. It's a lot like the good old Plasma vs LCD debate.
rev604/12/2019 15:51

OLED's are really not at home on a shop floor. It's a lot like the good …OLED's are really not at home on a shop floor. It's a lot like the good old Plasma vs LCD debate.

Depends on the room you watch it in. Nanocell/QLED is great in bright rooms and OLED in dark rooms. If you like bright vibrant colours then QLED is amazing, prefer better blacks then its OLED.

I think hisense have a TV with two LCD panes, one 1080p for the backlight and the other 4k for filtering the colour.
kester7604/12/2019 23:30

Depends on the room you watch it in. Nanocell/QLED is great in bright …Depends on the room you watch it in. Nanocell/QLED is great in bright rooms and OLED in dark rooms. If you like bright vibrant colours then QLED is amazing, prefer better blacks then its OLED.I think hisense have a TV with two LCD panes, one 1080p for the backlight and the other 4k for filtering the colour.

They said there was little difference between an edge-lit IPS panel and an OLED panel. There's no doubt an LCD panel is brighter but there's also a pretty big difference in real world usage between these two panels. A store isn't the best place to compare them, that's all I was saying.
Edited by: "rev6" 5th Dec
rev605/12/2019 00:13

They said there was little difference between an edge-lit IPS panel and an …They said there was little difference between an edge-lit IPS panel and an OLED panel. There's no doubt an LCD panel is brighter but there's also a pretty big difference in real world usage between these two panels. A store isn't the best place to compare them, that's all I was saying.

I agree but it does give you a good indication of what the displays look like it a brightly lit room. In reality I'm more interested in what looks nice than how accurate the colour space is.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions