LG 65UM7610PLB or Sony KD55XF9005 tv?

Posted 21st Oct
Been into Currys tonight and I’m trying to pick between either the LG 65UM7610PLB or Sony KD55XF9005 tvs and wondered if anyone could help with which is the best bet.

The LG tv (currys.co.uk/gbu…tml) is £749, 65” but only comes with a 1 year warranty.

Sony’s (currys.co.uk/gbu…tml) is £949, only 55” but comes with a 5 year warranty.

Not sure if the Sony one is worth the extra money for the extra warranty, considering it’s a smaller tv. Help please!!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
If we’re talking just those 2 TVs the Sony it’s the one I’m about to go and purchase just waiting to see the 2019 version I think the XG9005 does on Black Friday
Firefly121/10/2019 19:47

How about this? Mainly your 65" but better …How about this? Mainly your 65" but better warranty:https://www.richersounds.com/lg-65um7660pla.html

Looks like this isn’t as good spec unfortunately :/
DanSpaghetti21/10/2019 19:51

If we’re talking just those 2 TVs the Sony it’s the one I’m about to go and …If we’re talking just those 2 TVs the Sony it’s the one I’m about to go and purchase just waiting to see the 2019 version I think the XG9005 does on Black Friday

Only reason I’m considering these 2 are because they were the better 2 under 1k that I saw in Currys - any other suggestions would be great! Do they normally do a good deal on Black Friday? Wonder if it’s worth me waiting
Millieh21/10/2019 20:04

Only reason I’m considering these 2 are because they were the better 2 u …Only reason I’m considering these 2 are because they were the better 2 under 1k that I saw in Currys - any other suggestions would be great! Do they normally do a good deal on Black Friday? Wonder if it’s worth me waiting

I would say possibly hold out. I have a higher spec old LG tv not to sure on the one you’ve posted above but if it has edge lit local dimming dark films/tv looks awful. I love my LG tv (55uh850v) but it has a line of dead pixels down the middle so it’s time to upgrade. I do like the LG magic remote and operating system just for Netflix and amazon prime.

I had a Sony tv year ago and hated the android operating system so sent it back but apparently with updates and turning some stuff off it runs smooth. If there’s no good deals on Black Friday I’ll be getting that Sony.
Millieh21/10/2019 20:04

Only reason I’m considering these 2 are because they were the better 2 u …Only reason I’m considering these 2 are because they were the better 2 under 1k that I saw in Currys - any other suggestions would be great! Do they normally do a good deal on Black Friday? Wonder if it’s worth me waiting

People will recommend Samsung nu8000 if they have one I’d say jump on that as it’s a cracking tv for the price but I believe it’s hard to find with the ru8000 being available which I’m lead to believe is poorer.
DanSpaghetti21/10/2019 20:11

I would say possibly hold out. I have a higher spec old LG tv not to sure …I would say possibly hold out. I have a higher spec old LG tv not to sure on the one you’ve posted above but if it has edge lit local dimming dark films/tv looks awful. I love my LG tv (55uh850v) but it has a line of dead pixels down the middle so it’s time to upgrade. I do like the LG magic remote and operating system just for Netflix and amazon prime. I had a Sony tv year ago and hated the android operating system so sent it back but apparently with updates and turning some stuff off it runs smooth. If there’s no good deals on Black Friday I’ll be getting that Sony.

From what I can see the LG one doesn’t have edge lit local dimming. But yeah that’s the thing making me reluctant about Sony - the Android operating system, everyone seems to criticise it on this tv. Hmm decisions decisions
Sony. LG is great once oled hits
Millieh21/10/2019 20:27

From what I can see the LG one doesn’t have edge lit local dimming. But y …From what I can see the LG one doesn’t have edge lit local dimming. But yeah that’s the thing making me reluctant about Sony - the Android operating system, everyone seems to criticise it on this tv. Hmm decisions decisions

Yeah. LG great for OLED but I game a lot and shizzle and don’t trust myself not to let it burn. But the Sony overall has great reviews but the operating system supposedly has got better. In my opinion it would be to wait and see. But if you’re an eager beaver then do it. Worst case you return it
Millieh21/10/2019 20:03

Looks like this isn’t as good spec unfortunately :/

The Sony is £949 at Richer Sounds but you also get £125 off at the moment. ALSO John Lewis will price match with the potential of another £125 in store voucher on top, it was posted on here
Edited by: "frakison" 21st Oct
DanSpaghetti21/10/2019 20:33

Yeah. LG great for OLED but I game a lot and shizzle and don’t trust m …Yeah. LG great for OLED but I game a lot and shizzle and don’t trust myself not to let it burn. But the Sony overall has great reviews but the operating system supposedly has got better. In my opinion it would be to wait and see. But if you’re an eager beaver then do it. Worst case you return it

I've had oled b7, b8 ,b9 and game alot. Not once had burn in. As long as you look after the TV your be fine.
OP why not hisense - Costco have got one in store less then £540 with a 5 year warranty.
Also very have a offer on at the min. 20% off lg tvs. Lg65UM7660PLA for instance £599.
LG, I hate my Sony, it's slow and almost every time I switch it on I have to go into the settings to connect the wi-fi to see the program guide!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants