LG 7 arrived saying it hasn't got a verizon sim inserted, help

Posted 4th Dec
My son bought a new LG 7 from ebay (Hong Kong) he's put his sim in it and it says no verizon sim inserted. Is there anything we can do?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

23 Comments
Sounds like it is locked to Verizon network.In that case you'd need to have it unlocked.
yorkie1204/12/2019 14:14

Sounds like it is locked to Verizon network.In that case you'd need to …Sounds like it is locked to Verizon network.In that case you'd need to have it unlocked.

Any idea how that can be done. Phone repair shops say they can't do it. Thanks
Did the eBay auction say the phone was unlocked? If so then you could make a claim on eBay or Paypal.
Just seached 'unlock a Verizon LG G7' and three videos of how to unlock came up from Youtube.
shropshirelass5104/12/2019 14:18

Any idea how that can be done. Phone repair shops say they can't do it. …Any idea how that can be done. Phone repair shops say they can't do it. Thanks

You can get unlock codes from eBay like this one.
rover.ebay.com/rov…697
The phone doesn't give an option to insert a code. It says unlocked in the title but further down in the details it says locked. Obviously it must be locked.
If it says unlocked anywhere in the description and it isn't then you have a case on eBay as it isn't as described.
Have you tried restarting the phone with your sim in it as in the Youtube videos? On those it says you'll then be asked for the unlock code.
yorkie1204/12/2019 14:43

Have you tried restarting the phone with your sim in it as in the Youtube …Have you tried restarting the phone with your sim in it as in the Youtube videos? On those it says you'll then be asked for the unlock code.

^This, otherwise I think you need a verizon sim inserted to unlock the phone using an unlock code
Edited by: "4Real2016" 4th Dec
He hasn't got a verizon sim to activate it. The verizon International phone number seems right but doesn't get an answer. I'm not at all technical but it seems like it's £200 down the drain. I Can't seem to see a relevant you tube clip. Thanks for the help.
shropshirelass5104/12/2019 14:51

He hasn't got a verizon sim to activate it. The verizon International …He hasn't got a verizon sim to activate it. The verizon International phone number seems right but doesn't get an answer. I'm not at all technical but it seems like it's £200 down the drain. I Can't seem to see a relevant you tube clip. Thanks for the help.

I know he hasn't got a verizon sim, you need an accepted sim (verizon) inserted in order to use an unlock code, this only applies if your phone doesn't ask for an unlock code.
Youtube links

youtube link
4Real201604/12/2019 15:00

I know he hasn't got a verizon sim, you need an accepted sim (verizon) …I know he hasn't got a verizon sim, you need an accepted sim (verizon) inserted in order to use an unlock code, this only applies if your phone doesn't ask for an unlock code.

Thanks, I guessed that was the case when it didn't ask for a sim. Essentially there's nothing that can be done?
youtube link

Start a case against the seller on ebay .Item not as described. The seller should then offer a solution or you can escalate through eBay if they don't contact you. The phone will have no warranty with LG UK as it was bought from outside the EU.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 4th Dec
Thanks yorkie I think that's the only option. I'm guessing they'll say send it back but then it could "get lost"
shropshirelass5104/12/2019 15:07

Thanks, I guessed that was the case when it didn't ask for a sim. …Thanks, I guessed that was the case when it didn't ask for a sim. Essentially there's nothing that can be done?

I don't know if anything else can be done, with an accepted sim inserted there's a couple of ways to get the window up that allows you to enter the unlock code.
Could try with different UK network cards to see if any are compatible. Slight chance one may be.
shropshirelass5104/12/2019 15:13

Thanks yorkie I think that's the only option. I'm guessing they'll say …Thanks yorkie I think that's the only option. I'm guessing they'll say send it back but then it could "get lost"

Send it back via Special Delivery signed for
Try doctorsim
You can buy sims on ebay that are used to bypass the activation screen.
m1keyp1key04/12/2019 16:54

You can buy sims on ebay that are used to bypass the activation screen.

Thanks, may be worth a try
If you go on doctorsim they will unlock it if possible it’s not free
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants