LG bootloop

Found 16th Feb
Hello guys, I have an LG G4 who died last week after 23 months and 2 weeks after purchase because of the bootloop issue that affects G Flex G3 G4 5X G5 G6 V10 V20...
It`s a common issue for some LG phone but instead of removing them out of the market they`re not doing anything.
Now I am having troubles when requesting repair, since Monday I have nothing from them even if I sent them the purchase proof, IMEI, SN....I sent them 2 emails and talked to them on live chat but no answer.
Soon my warranty expires and I think they know that.

In US there was a lawsuit won by the LG customers so now there is a precedent.
theverge.com/cir…-g5

I do believe that we must do something as there are a lot of people screwed by LG and make sure they pay for it so it won`t happen again.
I`m pretty sure that we can find 100 people willing to pay £10 for a lawyer who can defend our interests and claim some compensations.

What do you think ? Someone has a better idea ? Let`s do something together.
Thank you for your time
Community Updates
AskElectronics
9 Comments
No point. Just get in touch with LG and see if they'll help as a "goodwill gesture". If not, you're probably screwed.
Edited by: "artnada" 16th Feb
Depends on what you tell them in live chat but it seemed quite quick. It's from when you 1st report the fault so you should be alright. I went live chat and then filled out the form online and emailed the details of my contract. Got an email back and had to go to an amazon locker to pick up the packaging to send it off.
Sounds like a campaign 'Which' might lead?
100% bootloop. happened to my Nexus 5x 3 times. a pain but was glad when it was time for an upgrade. How far away are you from the upgrade?
They fixed my LG4 in 5working days
Original Poster
Monday 1 PM I have requested the repair, Tuesday nothing, Wednesday I talked to them on live chat 10.45 AM gave all the details and got an email 6 PM asking me to send again the proof of purchase, Thursday I sent an email 4 PM , Friday-today got an email 10 AM saying that an agent will contact me.
On the 19.02 my warranty expires, bought it with cash no contract.
Worst experience ever, I'm really disappointed with LG so my advice is DON'T BUY ANY LG PRODUCTS !!!
The exact same thing happened to my LG G4 after 20 months. They refused to fix it and tried to say the warranty was void. Very poor customer service from a company that has admitted a serious manufacturing fault, will never touch any LG products again.
Took them 3 weeks to get back to me. Guess they will reply but you have to wait. I bought mine off ebay so was not covered as its a 3rd party seller lg told me. Where did you buy it from? Oh.. sold my dead g4 on ebay as faulty and got £74 for it, result! I then bought a redmi note 3 for £121 and apart from camera it's a better phone I think
Edited by: "wayners" 16th Feb
bogdan_lm207 h, 19 m ago

Monday 1 PM I have requested the repair, Tuesday nothing, Wednesday I …Monday 1 PM I have requested the repair, Tuesday nothing, Wednesday I talked to them on live chat 10.45 AM gave all the details and got an email 6 PM asking me to send again the proof of purchase, Thursday I sent an email 4 PM , Friday-today got an email 10 AM saying that an agent will contact me.On the 19.02 my warranty expires, bought it with cash no contract.Worst experience ever, I'm really disappointed with LG so my advice is DON'T BUY ANY LG PRODUCTS !!!

My advice is don't cook your products. It's screwed because it overheated so you're partly to blame. I left mine downloading whilst charging my mobile. Woke up when it burnt my side
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants