LG C1 OLED55C14LB 55 inch 4K Smart OLED TV £999.98 @ LG Electronics

Posted 6th Jan 2022 (Posted 3 h, 45 m ago)
3866998_1.jpgHave decided to go for the C1,eventhough the C2 just been released.

I tried to contact the costumer service on chat and was able to reduce the price for £999.98!
The also offered me the C1 65” for £1469.99.

I dont know if this were a special offer or whatever but worth a try to contact LG via chat before you would just buy anything.So not sure if you’ll get the same price!

They also confirmed the C2 will be available to buy from mid FEB/end of FEB 2022.

3866998_1.jpgThe C2 Series above!!!
Community Updates
New Comment
40 Comments
  1. Avatar
    If I wanted a new TV I want the best and would go for the Panasonic LZ2000 about to be launched. Best gaming and media credentials and now has most apps other than Now TV. Can't deny the price though and its hot.
  2. Avatar
    Good price, but LG are just about to launch their OLED.EX sets, which promise to be a step up from the current OLED TVs, so expect to see decent discounts on the 2021 range.
  3. Avatar
    Is this with a five year warranty?
  4. Avatar
    Great deal
  5. Avatar
    reggea8606/01/2022 14:14

Yes!!!

Thank you and now I have a quandry!! Wait for more information on C2, buy 55” CX for £870 or C1 for £999 if I can get it at that price. I hate telly buying!

heat added obviously
    Edited by: "mark9915" 3 h, 31 m ago
  6. Avatar
    ontheqt06/01/2022 14:09

If I wanted a new TV I want the best and would go for the Panasonic LZ2000 …If I wanted a new TV I want the best and would go for the Panasonic LZ2000 about to be launched. Best gaming and media credentials and now has most apps other than Now TV. Can't deny the price though and its hot.

Lack of G-sync kills this one for me. Believe LG are still the only manufacturer who fully support it.
  7. Avatar
    mark991506/01/2022 14:12

Is this with a five year warranty?

Just 1 year it states for LG TV on there warranty.
  8. Avatar

If I wanted a new TV I want the best and would go for the Panasonic LZ2000 …If I wanted a new TV I want the best and would go for the Panasonic LZ2000 about to be launched. Best gaming and media credentials and now has most apps other than Now TV. Can't deny the price though and its hot.

I agree but you’re probably talking about £2700 for the LZ2000! £1000 for the C1 is a bargain in comparison

QUICKRICH2606/01/2022 14:20

It does but I’ve heard of folks getting 5 years via the chat and that’s why I asked
    Edited by: "mark9915" 3 h, 24 m ago
  9. Avatar
    mark991506/01/2022 14:23

I agree but you’re probably talking about £2700 for the LZ2000! £1000 for …I agree but you’re probably talking about £2700 for the LZ2000! £1000 for the C1 is a bargain in comparison

Depends, do you want it to meet your every desire or not. Sometimes you have pay the piper. I have the GZ2000 which was £2500 in a 55 inch and its outstanding. I also have an a Sony oled ag9 have had LG's and I must say that Panasonic as a Japanese manufacturer make the best TV's. The down side with Panasonic is in general the app store but even that's improved. Pannis have built in atmos speakers and you can add your own sub via headphone jack. Whilst not as good as an av receiver, do remove the need for a sound bar.
  10. Avatar
    SoulBoy6006/01/2022 14:11

Good price, but LG are just about to launch their OLED.EX sets, which …Good price, but LG are just about to launch their OLED.EX sets, which promise to be a step up from the current OLED TVs, so expect to see decent discounts on the 2021 range.

Will they fix the motion issues of the CX model?

mark991506/01/2022 14:19

Thank you and now I have a quandry!! Wait for more information on C2, buy …Thank you and now I have a quandry!! Wait for more information on C2, buy 55” CX for £870 or C1 for £999 if I can get it at that price. I hate telly buying!heat added obviously

Can't recommend you get the CX with its poor motion handling.
    Edited by: "Smm0" 3 h, 21 m ago
  11. Avatar
    Just spoke to LG customer service chat and they didn't offer any discount or pricing along these lines unless you log in via your LG account
  12. Avatar

The LZ2000 won’t be out for 2-3 months and the RRP will likely be around £2.5k, so hardly a fair comparison. Pany’s are great cinema TV’s, but nothing else. Smart TV functionality is poor and basic and gaming has been buggy in the past, with VRR issues - limiting this to half resolution.
  13. Avatar
    Spoke to LG chat. Didn't seem to know anything about offer/discount. The price advertised £1198:99 is the price to pay unfortunately
  14. Avatar
    Author
    QUICKRICH2606/01/2022 14:20

I have been told on the chat the offer is with 5year free warranty plus free delivery.
    Originally went on chat to ask about Warehouse clearance and price deductions on the c1 line.the guy on the chat came back straight with those offers I mentioned on the deal.

As I said I might got lucky with the deal from a right person at LG!

No email confirmation yet on the purchase though.
  15. Avatar
    Set mine up yesterday

46627301-Z8X7u.jpg
    For my Series X it's such an upgrade from my LED Samsung (2018 mid range)

Movies look great as well, however if I wasn't such a competitive gamer I would go 65"

55 feels small to me for films.
  16. Avatar
    ontheqt06/01/2022 14:27

Depends, do you want it to meet your every desire or not. Sometimes you …Depends, do you want it to meet your every desire or not. Sometimes you have pay the piper. I have the GZ2000 which was £2500 in a 55 inch and its outstanding. I also have an a Sony oled ag9 have had LG's and I must say that Panasonic as a Japanese manufacturer make the best TV's. The down side with Panasonic is in general the app store but even that's improved. Pannis have built in atmos speakers and you can add your own sub via headphone jack. Whilst not as good as an av receiver, do remove the need for a sound bar.

I’m upgrading from the Panni CX802B which was their flagship TV and I paid about £1500 for it about six years ago. Great picture and build but Panasonic support was terrible. HDR update saga went on for months and to this day I can’t get HDR on the Nextflix TV app - they gave up on updates after less than 12 months. TV apps are not accessible if there are server problems at their end and there were major issues with the Iplayer app for months.

Its not just about what arrives in the box although that obviously goes for all manufacturers
  17. Avatar
    djjinx106/01/2022 14:39

Set mine up yesterday[Image] For my Series X it's such an upgrade from my …Set mine up yesterday[Image] For my Series X it's such an upgrade from my LED Samsung (2018 mid range) Movies look great as well, however if I wasn't such a competitive gamer I would go 65" 55 feels small to me for films.

Any 60mhz oled is fine for the series X. Whilst the series x can output 120mhz it can't put out 120 fps which is what you need to benefit from 120 mhz. I know this to be true as I have a RTX 3070 with far more power and at 4K 60fps it tops out at and at 1440p you'd bet around 75 fps in most games. Media via the built in apps are sub 60 fps, its marketing hype for console gamers. If you want to hit above 60fps and thus require a screen say 120mhz then you need something that can pump out the fps too, which console simply can't so no real benefit of 120 mhz on a console.
  18. Avatar
    I was wondering when the LG CX motion handling moaner would show up...they did not disappoint!

This is a good deal, especially if you can get the 5 year warranty. But it's obviously not guaranteed as you have to request for it.
    Edited by: "wazobia" 2 h, 20 m ago
  19. Avatar
    Cracking deal!
    I got my 55" from RS for £1079 over BF.
    Contrast is amazing and 120hz at 4K is sweet when powered by my 3080Ti. Hell of a panel!
  20. Avatar
    Is this the same one in costco
  21. Avatar
    djjinx106/01/2022 14:39

Set mine up yesterday[Image] For my Series X it's such an upgrade from my …Set mine up yesterday[Image] For my Series X it's such an upgrade from my LED Samsung (2018 mid range) Movies look great as well, however if I wasn't such a competitive gamer I would go 65" 55 feels small to me for films.

How close are you sat? I'm trying to decide on a 55 or 65 myself.
  22. Avatar
    Anyone else had any luck getting this price from live chat?
  23. Avatar

Good price, but LG are just about to launch their OLED.EX sets, which …Good price, but LG are just about to launch their OLED.EX sets, which promise to be a step up from the current OLED TVs, so expect to see decent discounts on the 2021 range.

Going to be at least 6 months before you see the 2022 range come down in price. I typically like to get the latest model of any product, but overall seems like another incremental increase. Especially considering it will cost £800 more.
  24. Avatar
    I was offered the 65 for the same money and turned it down, I'll wait til. Its 1350
  25. Avatar
    Etrian06/01/2022 15:14

Anyone else had any luck getting this price from live chat?

No. I've spoken to customer service chat and they didn't offer this price
  26. Avatar
    Smm006/01/2022 14:29

Will they fix the motion issues of the CX model? Can't recommend you get …Will they fix the motion issues of the CX model? Can't recommend you get the CX with its poor motion handling.

I have motion issues but found out if I watch TV through bt human box then not one sign of any issues.

Same if I use sky to watch TV not a single issue.

I think many don't see this because they are using their TV in similar way.

I was a tv engineer years ago before oled and led etc etc and am convinced the motion issues are due to data bottle necking in the tuner. Bypass the TV cheap tuners and use something similar to Sky box or BT box and issues dissappear on all 3 LG tvs have not a single issue if I connect BT box. I can literally switch all settings off and they are perfect pictures. Strange.
  27. Avatar
    Dusty66606/01/2022 15:32

I have motion issues but found out if I watch TV through bt human box then …I have motion issues but found out if I watch TV through bt human box then not one sign of any issues.Same if I use sky to watch TV not a single issue.I think many don't see this because they are using their TV in similar way.I was a tv engineer years ago before oled and led etc etc and am convinced the motion issues are due to data bottle necking in the tuner. Bypass the TV cheap tuners and use something similar to Sky box or BT box and issues dissappear on all 3 LG tvs have not a single issue if I connect BT box. I can literally switch all settings off and they are perfect pictures. Strange.

Thank you. I did think maybe its down to the TV itself.. because Oled phones etc dont have those issues.
  28. Avatar
    Smm006/01/2022 15:35

Thank you. I did think maybe its down to the TV itself.. because Oled …Thank you. I did think maybe its down to the TV itself.. because Oled phones etc dont have those issues.

Try plugging a box in. I'm convinced it will look stunning with no motion issue at all.

I had a similar issue with one of Samsung latest models a couple of years ago. They insisted that the TV one box was not faulty and sent an engineer out.

He seen a similar issue and I plugged in BT box and it resolved it. He tried another one connect box which had the same problem and Samsung eventually gave me a full refund.

I left Samsung and switched all TV to LG and still have similar issues I couldn't belive it. But I have managed to find a work around.
  29. Avatar
    ontheqt06/01/2022 14:45

Any 60mhz oled is fine for the series X. Whilst the series x can output …Any 60mhz oled is fine for the series X. Whilst the series x can output 120mhz it can't put out 120 fps which is what you need to benefit from 120 mhz. I know this to be true as I have a RTX 3070 with far more power and at 4K 60fps it tops out at and at 1440p you'd bet around 75 fps in most games. Media via the built in apps are sub 60 fps, its marketing hype for console gamers. If you want to hit above 60fps and thus require a screen say 120mhz then you need something that can pump out the fps too, which console simply can't so no real benefit of 120 mhz on a console.

This is completely untrue. I have the C1 with my series X and consistently get between 110 & 120 fps on games that support 120fps.
  30. Avatar
    reggea8606/01/2022 14:14

Yes!!!

You need it with lg ,2nd one I've had broken in under two years.
  31. Avatar
    46628023-b5Ftx.jpg£2699.98 for the 77

GoldSquid06/01/2022 15:53

You need it with lg ,2nd one I've had broken in under two years.

3 x LG TV's here - one OLED and one 8yrs old, all fine.
    Edited by: "jrw" 1 h, 47 m ago
  32. Avatar
    Can anyone teach me how to live chat with them
    I click the chat button seems nothing happened
    Thanks all
  33. Avatar
    they said 1699 for 65, don't seem to be able to get this deal.
  34. Avatar
    gman9906/01/2022 16:30

they said 1699 for 65, don't seem to be able to get this deal.

of course you cant...this is a one off....move along now please nothing to see here....lol
  35. Avatar
    The C2 has been released? Where?

I thought it was just announced?

gsmarena.com/lgs…php

"LG will begin the transition of all its OLED products to OLED EX at LG Display’s OLED production plants in Paju South Korea and Guangzhou, China in Q2 2022."

I wouldn't say "just about". I mean that's likely 6 months till they hit the shelves. Then when they come out....do you wait another 6 months for them to be at Black Friday prices/prices similar to this?

With this mentality, no one would ever by a TV.
    Edited by: "Eptesicus" 58 m ago
  36. Avatar
    LG chat won’t shift on the listed price. The guy even said it was a misprice or incorrect quote from the OP. Shame

Release date for C2 and G2 TBC - no information currently available within LG.
    Edited by: "LazyDonkey" 42 m ago
  37. Avatar

You'll be waiting a good few months for release
  38. Avatar
    Eptesicus06/01/2022 16:50

The C2 has been released? Where?I thought it was just …The C2 has been released? Where?I thought it was just announced?https://www.gsmarena.com/lgs_oled_ex_tvs_produce_30_more_brightness_and_thinner_bezels_than_conventional_oleds-news-52480.php"LG will begin the transition of all its OLED products to OLED EX at LG Display’s OLED production plants in Paju South Korea and Guangzhou, China in Q2 2022."I wouldn't say "just about". I mean that's likely 6 months till they hit the shelves. Then when they come out....do you wait another 6 months for them to be at Black Friday prices/prices similar to this?With this mentality, no one would ever by a TV.

That very much depends on whether you need a new TV now. If you do, great, buy a discounted C1.
  39. Avatar
    danbutcher8606/01/2022 15:04

How close are you sat? I'm trying to decide on a 55 or 65 myself.

Im 2 metres away.

It's going to be hard to get used to the 55"

Amazing TV though for under a grand.

The new models will be a few hundred more than prices over last couple of months for the C1
Post a comment
Top Merchants