LG customer service, anyone used them before?

Found 25th Jul 2011
I bought a lg monitor from amazon last november and it has just developed a fault where it won't turn off/go into stand by, seems like the button is knackered.

anyway, after contacting amazon they told me to contact LG, which i did.

The girl i spoke to said i will either get a refurb or they will repair it.

question is, what is the turnaround time with lg cusomer service as when i send this one back i will be without a monitor for my main pc
anyone had experience with them?

Or should i just request a refund from amazon, will that be quicker?
Community Updates
MiscLG
13 Comments
realblender

If LG is not an onsite swap/repair, I would just get a refund from amazon.

yeah thats what i think i'm going to do, problem is i think i've thrown away the box, would that matter?
Right, you came to the right place

I have recently bought a LG E2360V and it turns out to be faulty after 6 weeks, because I was the 3rd party therefore I have to contact LG directly to get it repaired.

I contacted them, got an RNE number, and then Celestica (LG Repair) picked the monitor up the next day, if they have part to fix it, they will return the monitor to you within 7 days.

In my case they couldn't fixed it and it has passed 7 days, Celestica returned the monitor to me un-repaired, but you have to contact LG with the retailer name you bought the monitor from. LG will send you an UPLIFT authorisation for the retailer to either refund (at the price you bought) or replace the monitor for you with no quibble.

In my experience, LG customer services are 7/10, dont bother sending them email, just contact them by phone. (0870 could be expensive), Celestica is also very helpful also.

So the total turn around time was 2 weeks for me to get a replacement.

Edit: Also LG doesn't need the original box for repair, they will send DPD with some kind of plastic suitcase that perfectly safe for your monitor to be transferred. They will also advise you just to send the monitor on its own

Edited by: "heovang" 26th Jul 2011
Thanks, I emailed them last night and they respond straight away and told me to phone them, so I did, after asking me a few questions they said somebody will contact me today to arrange a return/ swap.

I got a call at 8:50 this morning from their customer service team saying they have a new replacement monitor for me and the courier will deliver it tomorrow and pick the faulty one up at the same time.

Brilliant customer service so far, maybe it's a known fault with that model
Edited by: "souljacker" 26th Jul 2011
souljacker

Thanks, I emailed them last night and they respond straight away and told … Thanks, I emailed them last night and they respond straight away and told me to phone them, soni did, after asking me a few questions they said somebody will contact me today to arrange a return/ swap.I got a call at 8:50 this morning from their customer service team saying they have a new replacement monitor for me and the courier will deliver it tomorrow and pick the faulty one up at the same time.Brilliant customer service so far, maybe it's a known fault with that model

Did you have the same one as mine ? You were more lucky than me, they didn't have any parts or replacement to send it out to me..

But LG customer service is actually quite good, despite reading many reviews on the internet
No i had the LGW261vp, great monitor, just wouldn't turn off!
Actually LG Service is very good and they do go the extra mile to make life good for customers.

a Steve Beaman is head of all service at LG he has a reputation of getting issues sorted if you are honest wiith him, if not dont expect symapathy
I take it that is you then, why else would you join to post that??
souljacker

I take it that is you then, why else would you join to post that??

Maybe it is his wifey. One time she was NOT honest with a Steve Beaman about how much she paid for a pair of shoes and when he found out he slapped her around a bit.
I need to use lg for an uplift authorisation... Not to happy so far
realblender

If LG is not an onsite swap/repair, I would just get a refund from amazon.

amazon wont give a refund for a 3 month old item
this is sorted by the way, i posted this 6 months ago, very impressed with lg who just replaced it
souljacker

this is sorted by the way, i posted this 6 months ago, very impressed … this is sorted by the way, i posted this 6 months ago, very impressed with lg who just replaced it

kin ell - what muppet resurrected it

I had a fridge freezer delivered from manufacturers while we were decorating at my dads kept freezer wrapped up signed unchecked by delivery after opening crease found on front of fridge door now it was 5 weeks after delivery but it was signed unchecked lg said it should have been checked in 5 days and declined to change door I'm very dissapointed as my family and myself have spent thousands on appliances from lg and can prove it over the last 18 months I thought maybe a good will gesture they may have replaced the door but they said head office said no well head office after spending on 2 lg washing machines 2 fridge freezers 60 inch tv sound bars 3D dvd player coming to over £5000 I am very dissapointed and think your after care to a loyal customer of your goods which I can prove have spent is in the low category your telesales were very polite and helpful but head office you have now lost a very good customer because your after care does not exist
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants