LG Direct Drive Washing Machine or Bosch Eco drive?

Posted 15th Oct
Which would you go for

Bosch- John Lewis- £429+ costs for install and take away old one- 2yr warranty- eco drive 8kg- £50 Bosch rewards

LG direct drive £439 Currys- 5 yr extended warrantly- £75 for trade in of old one

johnlewis.com/bos…218

currys.co.uk/gbu….ds
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
LG are excellent machines and the extra warranty makes it a better buy.
I have that LG washing machine and can’t fault it. Have had it for roughly 1 year now and not a single problem. Easy to use and look after.
A. which is made in Turkey? (if any)
B. Like bosch, but ALL white goods have been reduced in quality over the years it's advantageous to business.
C. the LG (i bought recently) has even cut 6 inches of tubing off the filter discharge at the front, & is now nigh on useless.
The filter has been changed so it's catching less, so presumably its sending more detritus to the sewers #microplastics, big chunks of lint etc
Mr_Gus15/10/2019 12:40

A. which is made in Turkey? (if any) B. Like bosch, but ALL white goods …A. which is made in Turkey? (if any) B. Like bosch, but ALL white goods have been reduced in quality over the years it's advantageous to business.C. the LG (i bought recently) has even cut 6 inches of tubing off the filter discharge at the front, & is now nigh on useless.The filter has been changed so it's catching less, so presumably its sending more detritus to the sewers #microplastics, big chunks of lint etc

A. Is that an issue if it was ?
B. I can't see how reducing the quality of a product is advantageous
C. You had an issue with "your machine"
LG washing machine for approx 12 yrs used about 4 times a week .... never had an issue with it.

3 x LG TV's.... years old..... never had an issue with them.

Would I buy another LG washer / TV when mine dies..... yes.
steve.t15/10/2019 12:54

A. Is that an issue if it was ?B. I can't see how reducing the quality of …A. Is that an issue if it was ?B. I can't see how reducing the quality of a product is advantageousC. You had an issue with "your machine"

A. Don't be facetious
B. Having seen mentions of boycotting turkish made product then yes it might be for some...thus the mention. (personally it's a dictatorship of the LEADER & his lackey's NOT the people but others may see it different as it feed the "Erdogan machine"...I have the same feelings towards the VERY nice people of iran versus their government).
C.You can't, however business can & does, go ask white goods forum for instance, even the EU has got around to recognising it & is insisting on repair rights.

I used to be in design / production & we'd throw this around ourselves as a covetted brand
D. a shorter hose for the front drain renders it nigh on useless from a design & user perspective, grot still gets passed through the channel compared to the clearly coarser mesh they are now using which LG technical have confirmed has changed.
The local scrap metal men usually pay you to take away washing machines or tumble driers. Can usually get between £5 to £10
Definitely I'd choose the LG over Bosch nowadays, Bosch are still good washing machines overall but pretty sure the LG's score higher for reliability plus you have the safety of the 5 year warranty. Bosch are made in countries like Spain, Poland and China with I think only the very high end models coming from Germany. Bosch are slightly less reliable and more expensive to fix so the LG makes more sense.

I'm currently using a Panasonic (vestel) washing machine which I bought for £240 with a 5 year warranty, absolutely brilliant performance, beautifully made and no faults so far, I think I'm close to the end of the warranty. If the LG was made in Turkey that wouldn't put me off at all, my turkish made washing machine has been a fantastic purchase. It does about 2 heavy loads a week on average.
Thank you so much everyone, really appreciate it!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants