Groups

Lg dvd player not playing avi files any longer

ok so i have lg dvd player model no. Lg dvx492h , bought it in October last year, played avi files fine, went to watch a movie on it the other night (avi via usb pen) and it didnt work , also tryed an external hdd didnt work. The problem is when i try to play the file it will display a few yellow dots on the left hand side and then will take me back to the folder structure.

Anyone know why its doing this and is there any fixes ?

3 Comments

Banned

avi files cant be lots of different codecs inside,

i think your machine supports divx type, but avi can be anything inside

try another movie you know to be divx

avi can be downloaded/encoded in many variations. It's just a container it may be these file are not compatible as theye are QP/ above the res your player allows,. You will have to try and play something from your usb pen you know you have watched before (from the same files you watched last time though) to rule out your hardware being now faulty

Original Poster

jubbyme;8142114

avi files cant be lots of different codecs inside,i think your machine … avi files cant be lots of different codecs inside,i think your machine supports divx type, but avi can be anything insidetry another movie you know to be divx

dontasciime;8142117

avi can be downloaded/encoded in many variations. It's just a container … avi can be downloaded/encoded in many variations. It's just a container it may be these file are not compatible as theye are QP/ above the res your player allows,. You will have to try and play something from your usb pen you know you have watched before (from the same files you watched last time though) to rule out your hardware being now faulty

Thank you both, going to try an avi file just now and will report back. Rep added.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3361213
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…89
      3. What is there free to do in your town?1523
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…2044

See more discussions