lg g3 phone doesnt switch on

My mobile phone LG G3 wont switch on, it was working fine and then a blue screen came up and then just wouldnt switch back on, i have removed the battery and charged it but nothing seems to be working any suggestions ?

9 Comments

Could possibly be the motherboard in which case it wouldn't be good. I assume it is no longer under warranty? LG offer 2 year warranties so may be worth calling them if it isn't that old. Or call them anyway but may end up having to buy a new one.

Original Poster

yeah the warranty just ran out last month, would it be worth in repairing or just buying a new one

I would contact LG and see what they say and take it from there. Will more than likely be away for 4 weeks or so if they will repair it so it may almost be worth just getting a new one instead

laxy

yeah the warranty just ran out last month, would it be worth in repairing … yeah the warranty just ran out last month, would it be worth in repairing or just buying a new one

​if it's just ran out by a month maybe they should still fix it as I think these companies sometimes make things to breakdown straight after warranty try going in to recovery mode to see if it may be something else any friends got the same phone to test the battery doss the light come on showing its charging or not

Original Poster

yeah ok i will give that a try thanks,would be worth repairing though

I have an lg g3 and the exact same thing happened to my phone, 2 weeks after the warranty ended. It is the motherboard that causes this. Open the phone up and take the motherboard out and place it in the oven at gas mark 3-4 for 10 minutes and this actually fixes the phone. This does seems strange and I was sceptical but as the phone wasn't working anyway I thought I had nothing to lose and tried it and it worked.

Just google 'lg g3 bake motherboard'. forums.androidcentral.com/lg-…tml

I should point out that after doing this, my camera has completely stopped working but that was probably just me, I accidentally took it out when taking the motherboard out.
Edited by: "Canary0500" 20th Nov 2016

laxy

yeah ok i will give that a try thanks,would be worth repairing though

​any luck getting into recovery mode

Original Poster

nothing works, think i might take it in to get it repaired, thank you for the suggestions

I had the same issue with mine. it was still under warranty so i sent it in for repair but was considered uneconomical to repair so they replaced it. Not much help if yours isn't under warranty but thought i would mention since it was deemed too expensive to repair.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Car Leasing Deals (Audi, Golf or Scirocco)11
    2. Electricity11
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    4. Which Camera?!!!22

See more discussions