LG g6 owners

Found 9th Oct 2017
I'm aware this phone does not have a power button, instead the finger scanner is used to lock/unlock the device.
This is going to be a pain when the device is lying on a desk and since there's no double tap to wake feature either does that mean if I want to lock/unlock the device and it's lying on a desk then I HAVE to pick it up or is there another work around I'm unaware of?
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
You can either enter the pin/pattern/knock code while it is on the desk.
I've got a fitness tracker wrist band and it's set not to ask for fingerprint unlocking while it's connected to it by bluetooth. If I loose the phone and it is out of reach of the wrist band, it will ask for the fingerprint.
Ok glad to hear there is a work around. Idk how I feel about the power button being on the finger scanner
What's your opinions of the phone having been a user? And what did you come from
little_green24 m ago

Ok glad to hear there is a work around. Idk how I feel about the power …Ok glad to hear there is a work around. Idk how I feel about the power button being on the finger scanner :/What's your opinions of the phone having been a user? And what did you come from

Personally I prefer it, after using it for a few months i sure your hate going back, its where you finger naturally goes when you hold the phone, I hate lockscreen so i dont use any security, i can go to my google account and reset or lock the device if i realised i lost it, so rather not have to put in a pin or fingerprint every time, but like guy above said, you can set it up so never do it on 'your home wifi' or smart bands, ect
I have the G6 and there is double tap to wake.

I personally use the fingerprint to unlock and my finger naturally sits there when I pick it up.
Yenyoc6 h, 35 m ago

I have the G6 and there is double tap to wake.I personally use the …I have the G6 and there is double tap to wake.I personally use the fingerprint to unlock and my finger naturally sits there when I pick it up.

Sorry to highjack the thread, but quick question regarding the fingerprint scanner on the G6. Conflicting information online but with Android 7.1.2 came Fingerprint Gesture control, so on my Nexus 6P as an example, if you slide your finger down the scanner it drops down your notification panel. It might sound petty but find with a large device it is such a useful feature Does the LG G6 have this feature (some websites state it was a Nexus/Pixel only feature but then other say it came with the 7.1.2 update).
cecilmcroberts1 h, 46 m ago

Sorry to highjack the thread, but quick question regarding the fingerprint …Sorry to highjack the thread, but quick question regarding the fingerprint scanner on the G6. Conflicting information online but with Android 7.1.2 came Fingerprint Gesture control, so on my Nexus 6P as an example, if you slide your finger down the scanner it drops down your notification panel. It might sound petty but find with a large device it is such a useful feature Does the LG G6 have this feature (some websites state it was a Nexus/Pixel only feature but then other say it came with the 7.1.2 update).

I've just checked and I'm still on 7.0 so I can't answer that I'm afraid
Yenyoc38 m ago

I've just checked and I'm still on 7.0 so I can't answer that I'm afraid

Thanks for checking.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants