LG G6 vs Google Pixel XL

Found 4th Dec 2017Edited by:"Eden0032"
In the market for a new android phone, and it's between these two.

The LG G6 or the Google Pixel XL (1st gen)

Both are very similar (and similarly priced) based on my research.

Which you get and why?
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
I was torn between the two last year. In the end the girl in the shop talked me into the pixel XL. Can't really remember what the clincher was tbh. I like that you get unlimited photo storage, and any updates are delivered pretty early, not having to wait for it to be adjusted to your specific phone model.

Camera is pretty good. No screen burn on the 1st gen.

Overall, immensely happy with my choice. Whether I'd be saying the same though if I chose the G6, I simply can't answer - but it does look good.
m00head10 m ago

Sick burn, yo: Google's latest Pixel 2 XL suffers old-skool screen singe - …Sick burn, yo: Google's latest Pixel 2 XL suffers old-skool screen singe - The Registerhttps://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/10/23/google_pixel_2_xl_screen_burn/Google's answer to the Pixel 2 XL CRT-style screen burn in: Lower the brightness - The Registerhttps://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/11/07/google_pixel_2_xl_patch/

Read the OP again
Original Poster
Thanks - very helpful. The only thing that is drawing me away from the Pixel is that I read somewhere online that it isn't waterproof at all, where as the G6 is.
If you're not in an immediate rush. The LG G7 and also Samsung S9/9+ are rumoured to be announced at CES in January.
I'm not sure of the release dates though.
Original Poster
Update: My current phone (Nexus 5X) has got the bootloop issue (still 2 months left on contract) and O2 have refused to repair it since I use a fingerprint to unlock it.
Pixel XL all day long
Eden003216 h, 30 m ago

Update: My current phone (Nexus 5X) has got the bootloop issue (still 2 …Update: My current phone (Nexus 5X) has got the bootloop issue (still 2 months left on contract) and O2 have refused to repair it since I use a fingerprint to unlock it.

Contact Google regarding this see what they can do.
Edited by: "mattsk" 5th Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants