Lg g7+ arrived. Message in box. Will only work in China.!!!

Found 5th Jun
2950300-EO90j.jpg
It also says to use a sim card on another network you need to use in China Hong Kong or Macau for at least 30 minutes.

Any ideas please.
Community Updates
AskLG G7
Top comments
Not doing anything much this week. I'll take it to Hong Kong for you if you pay the air fare. I'll stay a few days just to make sure...
33 Comments
Where did you buy it from?
move to china
I remember seeing that some places will offer to open it for you and activate it with a Chinese SIM, but I guess if they haven't done that it might be too late!
Would a payg sim from China with roaming not work?
Edited by: "karlypants" 5th Jun
For £13 you can pick up a preloaded China Unicom SIM card which you might be able to use to activate the phone?

China Mobile SIM costs around £8.50 preloaded with credit.
Edited by: "jamie015" 5th Jun
jamie01553 s ago

For £13 you can pick up a preloaded China Unicom SIM card which you might …For £13 you can pick up a preloaded China Unicom SIM card which you might be able to use to activate the phone?

This is cheaper: amazon.co.uk/Pre…ard
LostRolo17 m ago

If it needs to connect to a Chinese network, then it won't work on a …If it needs to connect to a Chinese network, then it won't work on a roaming network here. China Mobile sims will just roam to O2 for instance.

I have the same doubt but it says it just needs to be a Chinese sim and not specifically be on a Chinese network so it might work IMO.
Not doing anything much this week. I'll take it to Hong Kong for you if you pay the air fare. I'll stay a few days just to make sure...
IamMT1 h, 33 m ago

This is cheaper: …This is cheaper: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prepaid-SIM-Card-Hong-Kong/dp/B0733C2M3Z/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1528218380&sr=8-3&keywords=hong+kong+sim+card

But that one does not contain any credit for calls, just data I believe.
This seems like an expensive way to save a bit of money .

On a serioys note note I think you best go post the same question on XDA or something. I know you can bypass this on Samsung’s
Bought from eglobal
it does say at the bottom must be with a network within the countries mentioned above, so even if it is a chinese sim card as stated above it will probably not pick up the signal anyway
Return it for a refund
chocci21 m ago

Return it for a refund

yeah i have asked for it be "repaired" if they cant do that, full refund

such a shame a lovely phone, will probably purchase one in the UK in a few weeks/months
Might be a silly question but have you tried a normal sim in it anyway?. They might have already activated it.
garbage4561 h, 0 m ago

yeah i have asked for it be "repaired" if they cant do that, full …yeah i have asked for it be "repaired" if they cant do that, full refundsuch a shame a lovely phone, will probably purchase one in the UK in a few weeks/months

why have you done that its not broken, as long as you bought it and it said it would work here, they should provide you with one that would or if they wont help then it will probably be a credit card claim. If they didnt say it will work then you might be lucky and get a goodwill gesture and they may give you your money back but probably wont.

Good luck with their customer service, reports are they arent great.
Edited by: "eslick" 6th Jun
eslick1 h, 3 m ago

why have you done that its not broken, as long as you bought it and it …why have you done that its not broken, as long as you bought it and it said it would work here, they should provide you with one that would or if they wont help then it will probably be a credit card claim. If they didnt say it will work then you might be lucky and get a goodwill gesture and they may give you your money back but probably wont. Good luck with their customer service, reports are they arent great.

"repaired" was in quotes

that means so called repaired

i never asked them to repair it,

i just said the item will not work in the Uk despite the description on the website (of which I have taken a screen shot) clearly says works in the UK on various frequencies and upon opening the phone there was a note inside saying will only work in china.

as you can see "repaired" was a lot quicker than typing the above 2 lines.
.MUFC.1 h, 35 m ago

Might be a silly question but have you tried a normal sim in it anyway?. …Might be a silly question but have you tried a normal sim in it anyway?. They might have already activated it.

yes that is when i noticed there was no signal, then i remembered seeing a note a box.
garbage45627 m ago

"repaired" was in quotesthat means so called repairedi never asked them to …"repaired" was in quotesthat means so called repairedi never asked them to repair it, i just said the item will not work in the Uk despite the description on the website (of which I have taken a screen shot) clearly says works in the UK on various frequencies and upon opening the phone there was a note inside saying will only work in china.as you can see "repaired" was a lot quicker than typing the above 2 lines.

If you used repair in your email I would be writing back to them as that even by your reply it makes no sense, a repair means you are asking for them to fix it, you do not want it fixed you want the one that they were going to sell you. It will cause confusion with someone who does not have English as their first language as Eglobal will most probably will and even confuse anyone who has English as their first language

Simply tell them its not as described and they need to refund or replace with a model as described on their website and include a screen shot. You will need to word it that way for when you do your credit card claim hoping you paid with a credit card
eslick29 m ago

Simply tell them its not as described and they need to refund or replace …Simply tell them its not as described and they need to refund or replace with a model as described on their website and include a screen shot. You will need to word it that way for when you do your credit card claim hoping you paid with a credit card

thats is what i have done and sent a screen shot too.
Well they customer service have replied twice. Takes 24 hours for them to reply.

1st they said it will work due to mhz frequency.

2 nd time they said try a sim in there.
Hmmm
garbage45630 m ago

Well they customer service have replied twice. Takes 24 hours for them to …Well they customer service have replied twice. Takes 24 hours for them to reply.1st they said it will work due to mhz frequency.2 nd time they said try a sim in there. Hmmm

tell them you want your money back or you will take it up with your credit card company
i have ordered sim card from amazon uk, coming tomorrow will try that for 8 quid.

if that doesnt work will demand a response in 24 hours from eglobal.

if that doesnt work will be contacting credit card people
33949501-QzHq7.jpgI have a signal of R
Edited by: "garbage456" 9th Jun
Tried 30 minutes. Still no signal
got a reply today telling me i can now send it back
tomorrow is meant to be collection day
garbage4564 m ago

tomorrow is meant to be collection day

Good luck!
was collected late evening eventually

does anyone know where the phones originannly come from is it Hong Kong,

i only ask as it is being sent back to Hong Kong but it arrives very quickly probably about 5 days.
garbage4565 h, 15 m ago

was collected late evening eventuallydoes anyone know where the phones …was collected late evening eventuallydoes anyone know where the phones originannly come from is it Hong Kong,i only ask as it is being sent back to Hong Kong but it arrives very quickly probably about 5 days.

If I recall they send them from Germany but make you return to China/HongKong probably more to frustrate people than anything.

It avoids anyone having to pay customs and is quicker but frustrating when returning.
refund received but they tried to take off postage of 15 and an admin fee of 15,

i said NO it was your fault and they replied again 24 hours later saying yes we will refund you the full amount.
garbage4561 h, 7 m ago

refund received but they tried to take off postage of 15 and an admin fee …refund received but they tried to take off postage of 15 and an admin fee of 15,i said NO it was your fault and they replied again 24 hours later saying yes we will refund you the full amount.

Bad Chinese takeaways are not fun.

Don't forget to post a review:

[ ekomi.co.uk/rev…tml ]
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants