LG or Samsung OLED TVs?​

Found 22nd Mar
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Samsung don't make OLED TVs, so that's an easy decision to make.

Samsung's high end models (the QLED range) are based on LCD rather than OLED technology.

I'd probably go for a Sony ZD9 on the LCD side or Philips POS9002 on the OLED side if I were buying a high end TV, although you haven't given us a great deal of information about your preferences.
7 Comments
What are you using it for ?
The TV I want to purchase is for the family to watch in the living room. I am not sure if I should get the latest 55" LG or Samsung.
Samsung don't make OLED TVs, so that's an easy decision to make.

Samsung's high end models (the QLED range) are based on LCD rather than OLED technology.

I'd probably go for a Sony ZD9 on the LCD side or Philips POS9002 on the OLED side if I were buying a high end TV, although you haven't given us a great deal of information about your preferences.
Also the latest won't be the latest for very long with new sets just around the corner.
Samsung hands down have the better software on their tellys
i wouldn't go Sony, been told multiple times their user interface is really bad, i have LG 4K tv so I don't have first hand experience with OLED and QLED, and seeing that LG make everyone's OLED screens (except for Samsung, they make their own screens), i think you have your answer there.

but there are may online articles on the differences on which is better OLED & QLED in their own aspects, so would recommend a little bit of research.
Edited by: "kaaaching" 23rd Mar
kaaaching37 m ago

i wouldn't go Sony, been told multiple times their user interface is …i wouldn't go Sony, been told multiple times their user interface is really bad

Nobody's going to buy a TV of this price without at least seeing the interface so I wouldn't worry about that. I have had a quick play with it (admittedly on the A1) and found it to be reasonable. None of the current smart TV plaforms are what you'd call good software. Those that don't have wierd interface choices are sluggish, and the likes of LG and Samsung even have the gall to show ads on something as expensive as a high end TV.

And a TV is more than just it's panel. These days it's often the content that's the limiting factor in quality, not the screen, so software processing is important.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants