LG Plasma TV Vertical Green Line

11 replies
Found 15th Oct 2016
Anyone else had this problem?

Any help appreciated.

11 Comments

Have you went into settings to test picture? This may help. avsforum.com/for…tml

This happened to me about 6 months ago. It lasted about a month then disappeared. Nothing I tried had any effect! It was a single vertical line on the left side.

Original Poster

dereklogan7

Have you went into settings to test picture? This may help. … Have you went into settings to test picture? This may help. http://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-plasma-flat-panel-displays/1384788-stumped-samsung-pn50b650s1-vertical-green-line-single-pixels-why.html#/topics/1384788?_k=zz2a49

​It isn't my TV, so I can't check this until tomorrow.

Do LG TVs have a test function?

Don't remember my old one having this.

Original Poster

themorgatron

This happened to me about 6 months ago. It lasted about a month then … This happened to me about 6 months ago. It lasted about a month then disappeared. Nothing I tried had any effect! It was a single vertical line on the left side.

​What did you try?

I read about taking the back off and cleaning but didn't see anyone confirming it working.

Also read someone suggesting replacing the screen. Though these days it would be cheaper buying a new TV.

Our one in work got this eventually it got two lines ended up getting it repaired under warranty think they ended up replacing the screen

transformer fault maybe?

my LG plasma developed this fault, had 1 line for a few months then another appeared. Started saving for a new one but then one day turned plasma on and no lines
(used the money i had saved to buy a projector and 120" screen X) )

pistol6000

my LG plasma developed this fault, had 1 line for a few months then … my LG plasma developed this fault, had 1 line for a few months then another appeared. Started saving for a new one but then one day turned plasma on and no lines :D(used the money i had saved to buy a projector and 120" screen X) )

Thats interesting.
Which projector did you go for?

poisondwarf

Thats interesting.Which projector did you go for?

BenQ TH681
one of my better indulgences

Is there not a screen fix thing in settings. It's to remove screen burn as our panosonic plasma has it. Never used but worth a punt. I'm guessing it's a screen fault. Dose it happen on internal TV tuner to as could be hdmi lead fault? I did read panosonic plasma tvs suffer with red lines when the screen develops a fault. Guess you got the lg green line.. Oh well

pistol6000

BenQ TH681one of my better indulgences

Thanks
I ll have a look at that

edit.......had a look and for the price it looks pretty good.
However, i would prefer a short throw projector, or even better an ultra short throw.
They are quite expensive though

Edited by: "poisondwarf" 16th Oct 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396
    2. Marmite1823
    3. Krack WiFi vuln1121
    4. UBER can be a waste of money1019

See more discussions