Groups

LG RENOIR wifi trouble

Hi all I have a belkin wireless box and use my MacBook to surf the internet.
    My mum recently has brought a LG Renoir and would like to use the wireless at home, with it, however whenever I connect it says 'failed to connect'.

The phone finds my belkin box easily, it says security type wpa2 ( which i cant change) and the other information is automatic.
    I also add the security key too which I assume is the password for wireless on my mac.

However nothing! Ive checked all forums, and don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be really appreciated.

7 Comments

Where did you get the mac password?

Original Poster

jtx;6890131

Where did you get the mac password?

It's what I set as my router password- to access the internet

hi i no this is no thing to do with what you asking but do you no any good apps for this phone?:thumbsup:

Original Poster

sme24185;6890157

hi i no this is no thing to do with what you asking but do you no any … hi i no this is no thing to do with what you asking but do you no any good apps for this phone?:thumbsup:

No, as I can't get the net yet. . .& it's my mum's phone, I'm just trying to help :thumbsup:

Is there anyway you can get into the router from the mac and add a new device to the network that way?

Original Poster

jtx;6890206

Is there anyway you can get into the router from the mac and add a new … Is there anyway you can get into the router from the mac and add a new device to the network that way?

not sure I can't see anything like that- or there may be, but I can't see it!

Original Poster

basically ive found that the phone supports WPA and it finding my macbook as WPA2 which it don't support, apparently the most important thing is to ring up belkin support so they can change this....however....
    I have been reading that a few people can do this on there own or/ that there WPA2 works!!!?

Any ideas.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767192
      2. word association Game73844459
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424114479
      4. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?714

See more discussions